• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Tottenham Hotspur FC vs Fulham FC ****

His system and tactics need tweaking to give us a chance in these games. The gaps and space they were finding was unacceptable. The first 20 mins of this half were also unacceptable.
Maybe so. He needs to get more players in. Fact. And he’s not going to change his style of play just because he doesn’t have them yet.

City and Arsenal don’t constantly give the ball away. And they look far better defensively than we do.
I absolutely agree. They are better teams than us, they also play the same way but again with much better players so it works. We are doing it largely with a squad that finished 8th last season plus some additions. We don't have the players truly to play this style, it's true, but we are trying to instill the style now.

It will be about whether the board is able and willing to bring in the standard of player that the style and system requires.

I absolutely agree. They are better teams than us, they also play the same way but again with much better players so it works. We are doing it largely with a squad that finished 8th last season plus some additions. We don't have the players truly to play this style, it's true, but we are trying to instill the style now.

It will be about whether the board is able and willing to bring in the standard of player that the style and system requires.
Agreed that we need to ingrain a style.

My main concern even in games we win we are far to vulnerable and do cough up some decent chances most games.

Players is one. We need an upgrade in terms of a defensive midfielder. One that try’s to defend.

Also tho when we attack we commit so many body’s to it that we don’t transition to a defensive shape well. That’s where VDV has been key with that serious pace to mop up. Like Walker at City.

Lots to work on.

Drăgușin is a good overall player but VDV's speed has helped us sweep a lot of dangerous balls, especially with Udogie's lazyness next to him.

My main concern even in games we win we are far to vulnerable and do cough up some decent chances most games.

Players is one. We need an upgrade in terms of a defensive midfielder. One that try’s to defend.

Also tho when we attack we commit so many body’s to it that we don’t transition to a defensive shape well. That’s where VDV has been key with that serious pace to mop up. Like Walker at City.

Lots to work on.
I think that cm also needs to be as rapid as VdV.

Personal is one. We need an upgrade in terms of a defensive midfielder. One that try’s to defend.

Lots to work on.

Exactly.

VDV has been heavily involved because of mistakes ahead of him.

It’s not sustainable to put a cb in one on ones like that so regularly.

A PL defence shouldn’t be vulnerable to every straight ball over the top.

Some on here got wayyyy too big for their boots after the Villa game, a team who played away in Europe 3 days before our game and played over half hour with ten men. Come up against teams who like us have a whole week to prepare for a game and all of a sudden....

We aren't that good, we are a decent team nothing more and have been outplayed many times for long periods by mid table or lower teams this season. Europa League would be a far better starting block for this new area than CL, money aside....

Back