• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Tottenham Hotspur FC vs Fulham FC ****

Been a while I watched a Spurs match. Tuned in for this and blimey where has the technique gone? Receiving passes, making passes, striking a ball?

Sad to learn Awan Smiff is doing co-commentary in England. He's probably cum twice already.

The world feed has the lovely, impartial Pien Meulensteen and Anodine Townsend. No complaints.

A little unfortunate to be behind given we weathered the major storm and then came back into it. But they’ve been better than us.

Sarr looks like he’s playing with someone else’s boots. Johnson’s touch is poor. Son’s touch is even worse. Bissouma is a bit of a bomb scare. Few positives to take out of it to be honest.

Second half needs major improvement.

Not sure it's that unfortunate, for the player specific reasons you mentioned. But also it's so easy to get at our back four, we keep on giving it away and Fulham get a free run at the back line. Whereas when we have the ball the opponents don't press beyond the half way line and we can't find the space.

I guess we'll see if we stick with the same personnel, not many stand out performances/ positives as you say. Romero's been decent but did he lose a duel with Willian in the build up to the goal? That's weak. Looks unfortunate that Mickey would have probably been able to cut that cross out, I could be wrong and Radu has looked pretty solid apart from that...

Players seem a bit tetchy with other as it hasn't been happening.

Matched them that first half really but they took a chance. We've had a lot of worse ones recently to be honest.
Yes. We very easily could have taken one of our chances and it would be a completely different narrative.
Hopefully our forwards start to believe in themselves and actually do that thing. You know, that "kick the ball hard at the goal thing".
Maddison and Son and Kulu all could have scored.

Been a while I watched a Spurs match. Tuned in for this and blimey where has the technique gone? Receiving passes, making passes, striking a ball?
We lack that în the central miedfield area. Bissouma looks like another player and Bentancur is on the bench. Maddison tries but it takes 2 or 3.

Yes. We very easily could have taken one of our chances and it would be a completely different narrative.
Hopefully our forwards start to believe in themselves and actually do that thing. You know, that "kick the ball hard at the goal thing".

And Johnson

Not sure it's that unfortunate, for the player specific reasons you mentioned. But also it's so easy to get at our back four, we keep on giving it away and Fulham get a free run at the back line. Whereas when we have the ball the opponents don't press beyond the half way line and we can't find the space.

I guess we'll see if we stick with the same personnel, not many stand out performances/ positives as you say. Romero's been decent but did he lose a duel with Willian in the build up to the goal? That's weak. Looks unfortunate that Mickey would have probably been able to cut that cross out, I could be wrong and Radu has looked pretty solid apart from that...

Players seem a bit tetchy with other as it hasn't been happening.
I think that's a fair summary. I think perhaps a little unfortunate to be behind but they have been the better side IMO. If either side had done enough to be ahead it was them but I think every statement in your post is pretty much spot on.

Fulham are really well coached, at the beginning of the season I looked at their squad and thought they might be in a bit of trouble.

We have quite significantly a better standard of player than Fulham so we will get some chances just through that alone at times, but the balance of play was clearly in their favour, goal or no goal.

If we had scored and they hadn't the narrative would be that we got away with one in the first half.

Back