• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Tottenham Hotspur FC vs Fulham FC ****

Exactly

- Like Villa, if you want/expect to be in top 4 mix, these games you win, no excuse
- Another full week in-between, enough players available.

Get it done game

Do think fans still misunderstand how we play, we smother and tire teams, sometimes we will break through early but if not, the possession and passing take the legs so in 2nd half we suddenly look better
Yeah I get what the aim of the exercise is but you take the games in the early part of the year. That didn't really happen in some games. We struggled badly v Wolves for example for the entire game and lost. Even in some of the games where we won, we were hanging on and had to rely on teams missing big chances late on. We are still very much a work in progress.

Look back two weeks and it was doom and gloom a bit on here and elsewhere around our chances for top 4. Now we've beaten Villa, it swings around to optimism. And that's natural.

But the fact remains that we are a little inconsistent and we do struggle to break down certain teams. That could be the case against Fulham who are a very decent side.

Yeah I get what the aim of the exercise is but you take the games in the early part of the year. That didn't really happen in some games. We struggled badly v Wolves for example for the entire game and lost. Even in some of the games where we won, we were hanging on and had to rely on teams missing big chances late on. We are still very much a work in progress.

Look back two weeks and it was doom and gloom a bit on here and elsewhere around our chances for top 4. Now we've beaten Villa, it swings around to optimism. And that's natural.

But the fact remains that we are a little inconsistent and we do struggle to break down certain teams. That could be the case against Fulham who are a very decent side.
So basically you're saying that anything can happen!. And that's probably right:)

Although, with a great deal of players back available now, I am starting to think that as long as we don't face a low block we can force our approach with pace and energy on anyone. Earlier in the season (and a few lately) we've had spells in games where we were untouchable.

as we don't face a low block we can force our approach with pace and energy on anyone
It is vital we have the right attitude and truly go for it.
We've all seen Spurs sides that start at 80% and can never accelerate up to 100% and fail badly.
And we've all seen Spurs be pretty flat and then come out on fire after a proper wake-up rollocking.
Maybe that is Fulham's super power; they lull you to 80% with their little cottage on the river and getting changed in a portacabin. I'm sure we would take Emirates Marketing Project a lot more 100%

images

So basically you're saying that anything can happen!. And that's probably right:)

Although, with a great deal of players back available now, I am starting to think that as long as we don't face a low block we can force our approach with pace and energy on anyone. Earlier in the season (and a few lately) we've had spells in games where we were untouchable.
I'm saying that I think this will be a much tougher game than some fans are giving it credit for. Not that I'd settle for it but a point wouldn't be disastrous.

It was 60 years ago on this weekend that Spurs bought Alan Mullery from Fulham, Spurs secret swoop as one paper reported it.
Later in 1964, following the death of John White, Spurs tried to sign Johnny Haynes, also from Fulham, but no deal possible.

It was 60 years ago on this weekend that Spurs bought Alan Mullery from Fulham, Spurs secret swoop as one paper reported it.
Later in 1964, following the death of John White, Spurs tried to sign Johnny Haynes, also from Fulham, but no deal possible.

Haynes had been an outstanding player for Fulham and England but I thought he was too old and not playing as well as Grorge Eastham at Woolwich who I thought would be a better fit for us.

Haynes had been an outstanding player for Fulham and England but I thought he was too old and not playing as well as Grorge Eastham at Woolwich who I thought would be a better fit for us.
Agree about Haynes, not the same after car crash, Spurs settled for Jennings and Knowles that summer and Gilzean near Christmas, Cliff Jones was initially moved to midfield and Venables bought in 1966. That 1964/65 season Spurs were good at home, poor away including the 1-4 at Fulham you mentioned going to...

Agree about Haynes, not the same after car crash, Spurs settled for Jennings and Knowles that summer and Gilzean near Christmas, Cliff Jones was initially moved to midfield and Venables bought in 1966. That 1964/65 season Spurs were good at home, poor away including the 1-4 at Fulham you mentioned going to...

That was my first season of playing regularly on a Saturday and just saw midweek and holiday games for the next 16 years.

That cup team was such poverty. 😅
It hurts to look at doesn't it? At least Lo Celso has proved himself better than his "showing" that night, albeit in patches. Plus we have a promising back up CB rather than Sanchez, who whilst being a nice bloke and all, was not a great watch. Solomon hasn't kicked on either although hampered by injuries of course. Davies and Royal are solid players who I've got a lot of time for but both starting at FB in the same game really hamstrings us.

I appreciate it was a weaker team that was sent out but that performance was still awful, hoping for much better today. After a decisive January transfer window + long term absentees returning we have a lot more quality spread out through the squad, and plenty of experience picked up in various games throughout the season - That should bode well for the future.

Date : 16/03/2024
Venue : Craven Cottage
K.O Time : 17.30pm

Quite simply we roll over these and march on in to the International Break

Vicario
Porro Romero Dragusin Destiny
Sarr Bentacur Maddison
Kulu Son Johnson

3 or 4-1 to us I feel

View attachment 16890
View attachment 16891

PS : If anybody knows of a single spare ticket I would happily take it off their hands for above FV !!
Is that badger taking a dump? We're screwed.

Is that badger taking a dump? We're screwed.

Badgers. Badgers poo in shallow pits called 'latrines'. Their droppings vary from firm and sausage-shaped, to softer, slimier and darker if they've been eating lots of worms! Badger droppings have a sweet, musky smell.

Same as me

COYS.

Back