• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tony Scott RIP

NaijaSpurs

Rafael Van Der Vaart
I have just heard that director Tony Scott, younger brother of Ridley Scott, has committed suicide by jumping of a bridge in LA. His films include His films include Top Gun, Beverly Hills Cop II, The Last Boy Scout, True Romance, Crimson Tide, Enemy of the State, Spy Game, Man on Fire, Déjà Vu, The Taking of Pelham 123 and Unstoppable

Holy brick! Was just talking with someone last week who'd worked with him and said he was absolutely crackers!Very sad...best to his family, poor buggers...

That's shocking. I really enjoyed his movies. Must have seen True Romance dozens of times.

Was only talking about True Romance being one of my favourite films the other evening. Tragic loss.

I just don't understand why? I suppose it will come out in due course.

True Romance and Man on Fire, two of my favourites of all time.

I have just heard that director Tony Scott, younger brother of Ridley Scott, has committed suicide by jumping of a bridge in LA. His films include His films include Top Gun, Beverly Hills Cop II, The Last Boy Scout, True Romance, Crimson Tide, Enemy of the State, Spy Game, Man on Fire, Déjà Vu, The Taking of Pelham 123 and Unstoppable

Didn't get the critical acclaim, but made some very entertaining films.

From that list, I'd pick Enemy Of The State as my favourite, and Man On Fire and Crimson Tide to round out the top 3.

for the reaganites this one. he was Reagan's posterboy for culture in the early 80s, him and Don Simpson the producer basically broke the old system up and created the modern blockbuster ( starting with flashdance ) by financing films in a new way, spreading a new reagan-sponsored ethos over film production ( which is basically commercial film making applied to drama ) and ushering in the big bucks. It broke union dominated practices up and allowed the producer onto the set.

it truly is the end of an era, which is sad in some ways.

I'd like to think I'd do the same. But I think I'd always hang into the hope that there could be a change on the prognosis.

I'd like to think I'd do the same. But I think I'd always hang into the hope that there could be a change on the prognosis.

Yeah Lance Armstrong is a good example of that. Apparently he was told he had less than a 5% chance of survival. And he was only told that so that he didn't give up completely.

fudge that I'd live every day to the fullest rather than end it early. Make the most of the time.

The brain story has been denied. If not true it is deeply irresponsible reporting. It is deeply sad whatever led to him to make that decision. I hope he rests in peace. In the meantime I shall continue to enjoy his films especially True Romance. I also pity those who have sought to profit from his death by seeking to sell the videos they had taken of the event. I truly hope they are never in the position his family are in.

Last edited:
Back