• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tony Parks & Steffen Freund

Ferdinand and Ramsey are still with us at the moment but there's been no confirmation on their roles yet. The smart money is on them joining up with Sherwood when he lands a job.

And smart money is on Levy waiting till that club comes in and has to pay compensation for them, rather than us having to pay them off ourselves.

I'm not sure where/when that's going to be though - a lot of the obvious jobs are falling by the wayside (Norwich, West Ham, Saudi Sportswashing Machine; plus West Brom, Soton and Brighton looking elsewhere) and there's a lot of better candidates available now (McDermott, Lennon, Yakin, Koeman, Hughton, Clarke all currently out of work).

Isn't Chris Ramsey a highly rated youth coach? I thought we'd have him returning to his former role

Steffen will be on TV shortly with the rest of the 99 Spurs in the League Cup Final on ss1 just as a heads up

Steffen will be on TV shortly with the rest of the 99 Spurs in the League Cup Final on ss1 just as a heads up

Cheers for the heads up, even from those without Sky ;)

We need more days like that, not f@cking CL football, hell I miss the competition but what are you gonna be more likey to remember in 15 years time our 1 season in the CL or that night at Wembley 6 years ago?

Give me trophies, all day every day.

Last edited:
Always loved Iversen, no matter how much he failed to reach his potential. That run to set up the winning goal in '99, not forgetting his great semi-final winning lob at Selhurst.

We need more days like that, not f@cking CL football, hell I miss the competition but what are you gonna be more likey to remember in 15 years time our 1 season in the CL or that night at Wembley 6 years ago?

Exactly. I always rate winning trophies more than playing in CL. Even if it is just League Cup, nothing can beat the the feeling of winning a trophy. I always felt that if we want to play in CL, we should be playing as league champions, not as 2nd-4th placed team.

In 15 years time I'll probably continue to remember the 1991 FA Cup win a lot more fondly than both of the more recent League Cups tbh!

Hopefully by 2029 we will have another FA Cup or UEFA trophy in the cabinet though, as Spurs enjoy another golden period as glorious as the Burkinshaw or Nicholson eras and Lloris becomes part of Tottenham legend like Parks...

BMnikD6CUAAgKHQ.jpg

Last edited:
The 99 win must be the least glamorous cup win ever. Both teams were super ****e. 2008 was MILES better.

The 99 win must be the least glamorous cup win ever. Both teams were super ****e. 2008 was MILES better.

Ha yeah that was the worst cup final ever, everything about it was just crap, including the only player worth paying to watch on both teams being sent off. Even the winning goal was crap, Iversen did an admittedly fantastic run, but from memory he f**ked up the cross, scuffed it across goal, but it caused their keeper to misread it and I think he tried to catch it or punch it and only diverted it to Nielsen who seemed to just come from nowhere to dive in and head it across the line. Don't remember anything more than that, I was so happy though, brilliant. I think the fact that we were so crap and the game was so crap made that winning goal all the sweeter!

I'd largely managed to forget what happened during the 1999 League Cup final other than Nielsen' diving header but re-watching some highlights and reading the match reports has reminded me quite how far our club has come in recent times compared to those dismal years of mid-table mediocrity under the chairmanship of Alan Sugar... although we still haven't sorted out the left back position!!

BBC News | Football | Nielsen nicks it for Spurs
An Allan Nielsen goal in injury time gave Tottenham the Worthington Cup and George Graham a trophy in his first season as Spurs manager.

The Dane reacted sharply to poach a headed goal and take the Cup back to North London and book their place in the UEFA Cup next season.

Tottenham earned their victory, having played the last 30 minutes with just ten men, after Justin Edinburgh had been sent off for violent conduct.

But the game will be remembered as one of the dullest in recent Wembley history, with little in the way of goalscoring opportunities or flair.

[video=youtube;UoPKTG-LKHY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoPKTG-LKHY[/video]

Last edited:
Parks has joined Norwich City's coaching staff.

That's great he's got something. Nice club by-and-large too.

It's odd that we've still got Ferdinand and Ramsey in limbo. I guess Sherwood not being able to find a job is spoiling Levy's plans of getting compo for them.

Back