• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

It's not as if the Club always knows anyway. Who on Mother Earth would ever have guessed that Lamela's woes would keep him out for more than a year? or Rose for nine/ten months? The number of times Poch said concerning those two alone "hopefully in the next couple of weeks / months / maybe / I don't know / we need to wait and see ..."

So, best let it go. They'll be back when they're back, and that will be when they're good and ready.

Hopefully never before, nor too long after.

What benefit does it give anybody for the club to be clear on injuries, i think they should tell us nothing.

Disadvantages
Gives other teams longer to prepare gameplans
GIves other teams advantage in transfer market if its a long term injury
Puts pressure on players to return within a certain time period
Puts pressure on manager to substitute or rest players who may be carrying a knock

Advantages
Fans know whats going on

Agree with this.

What benefit does it give anybody for the club to be clear on injuries, i think they should tell us nothing.

Disadvantages
Puts pressure on manager to substitute or rest players who may be carrying a knock

Advantages
Fans know whats going on

So you should request that the club stop posting media clips of our players in training then. In fact why not do away with press conferences altogether.

Seriously you'd think we're the North Korean missile program judging by the way some of you lot talk about keeping everything secret. We're a football club in the entertainment industry. I very much doubt the players feel pressure from expected injury return dates. All they care about is getting fit and the managers opinion of their fitness level. Do you really think Poch will feel pressure to substitute a player with a knock? If so, good, I've had enough of our players being crocked, maybe playing the likes of Kane, Wanyama and Dembele when they need a rest isn't such a good idea.

I'm not saying we need to see full copies of their medical reports but some form of honest assessment wouldn't go amiss. Otherwise let's delete this thread and forget about press conferences which are 20% injury updates.

Disadvantages

Advantages
Fans know whats going on

Christ.... why should the club tell us anything at all then? Apart from when the matches are and where you can buy merch, everything else should be a sealed book, because it's bound to help the opponent in some small way.

I'm not referring to you alone by *any* means, but this always gets my goat - fans who willingly want the club to turn them into mute customers in a customer-supplier relationship, until there's nothing between fans and clubs that differs from the relationship between someone buying a table from IKEA and the company itself. Or, as @awesome dawson so eloquently puts it, until we're basically at nuclear missile program levels of secrecy because that's all we deserve.

alder's injury looks silly to me now. he needn't have been there at the time trying to dribble real madrid's defence

Exactly. I know Pochettino wants the players to work hard but they also need to play smart. Last season, Kane injured himself going into a unnecessary tackle and he is still doing it ! You don't have to run, dribble and tackle all the time ! Sometimes I see Spurs players going into flying tackles near the opponents' corner flag ! This is silly. They risk getting injured or getting yellow or even red cards. No wonder our injury problems are getting worse this season. Pochettino also needs to look at his training methods as there have been far too many players getting injured in training. We are also finishing matches poorly now. Maybe Pochettino's training methods are too tough causing the players getting injured or tired easily.

Exactly. I know Pochettino wants the players to work hard but they also need to play smart. Last season, Kane injured himself going into a unnecessary tackle and he is still doing it ! You don't have to run, dribble and tackle all the time ! Sometimes I see Spurs players going into flying tackles near the opponents' corner flag ! This is silly. They risk getting injured or getting yellow or even red cards. No wonder our injury problems are getting worse this season. Pochettino also needs to look at his training methods as there have been far too many players getting injured in training. We are also finishing matches poorly now. Maybe Pochettino's training methods are too tough causing the players getting injured or tired easily.

I didn't think robots did seriously throwing the toys out the pram emotion!

Our injuries are no worse than last season
Issue is ones who got injured last year still not being match ready

We lost Kane and Toby to very similar injuries at pretty much the same time as this. Winks and Alli are just being managed with the international breaks

So you should request that the club stop posting media clips of our players in training then. In fact why not do away with press conferences altogether.

Seriously you'd think we're the North Korean missile program judging by the way some of you lot talk about keeping everything secret. We're a football club in the entertainment industry. I very much doubt the players feel pressure from expected injury return dates. All they care about is getting fit and the managers opinion of their fitness level. Do you really think Poch will feel pressure to substitute a player with a knock? If so, good, I've had enough of our players being crocked, maybe playing the likes of Kane, Wanyama and Dembele when they need a rest isn't such a good idea.

I'm not saying we need to see full copies of their medical reports but some form of honest assessment wouldn't go amiss. Otherwise let's delete this thread and forget about press conferences which are 20% injury updates.

Christ.... why should the club tell us anything at all then? Apart from when the matches are and where you can buy merch, everything else should be a sealed book, because it's bound to help the opponent in some small way.

I'm not referring to you alone by *any* means, but this always gets my goat - fans who willingly want the club to turn them into mute customers in a customer-supplier relationship, until there's nothing between fans and clubs that differs from the relationship between someone buying a table from IKEA and the company itself. Or, as @awesome dawson so eloquently puts it, until we're basically at nuclear missile program levels of secrecy because that's all we deserve.
People are defending the way the club is currently handling this.

Accepting that there's a continuum from North Korean missile program to live streams from the medical rooms the club is clearly striking at least a somewhat reasonable balance. I get that we can disagree on exactly how that balance should be struck, but going straight to the extreme just because someone disagrees is ridiculous. As it would be if it happened in the other direction.

Haha, you love that pic don't you @scaramanga - any excuse to post it :D
It's all kinds of awesome.

It says "I'll fudging kill you", but in a manner that your life clearly means so little to him that he can't even be bothered to say he's going to kill you. He's just going to eat your bones instead.

That or it says that he's just realised where Saudi Sportswashing Machine is, how the women look and how long a contract he has there.

It's all kinds of awesome.

It says "I'll fudging kill you", but in a manner that your life clearly means so little to him that he can't even be bothered to say he's going to kill you. He's just going to eat your bones instead.

That or it says that he's just realised where Saudi Sportswashing Machine is, how the women look and how long a contract he has there.
I think he's saying, please @scaramanga, get it out and let nature take it's beautiful, sensuous time with the serious business of self-pleasure. OR he's challenging your views on Son and his military service vs Spurs contract quandary.

I think he's saying, please @scaramanga, get it out and let nature take it's beautiful, sensuous time with the serious business of self-pleasure. OR he's challenging your views on Son and his military service vs Spurs contract quandary.
I think he should use that face and just tell Son he's not going anywhere.

Then South Korea should just print millions of copies of that photo and carpet bomb the North with it.

Back