• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Sign a new contract? Doubt it

I read that the talk in Belgium is that if he is not allowed to go now then he will go to the EU courts to allow him to leave on a free transfer next summer. He doesn't want to take up the option of the extra year and 25 mill clause and has instructed lawyers to help him

He shouldn't have signed a contract with such clauses in it, in that case.

Being honest the only player we now have any confirmation of a link with is Grealish

Everyone is pure speculation at best IMO
I've warmed to the idea of Grealish being at Spurs, having previously been a bit uninspired by it. Certainly all the professional reports / interviews from players & coaches seem to give him very very positive reviews with no doubts he can become a very good player quite quickly under Poch.

But that's how the club rolls now. All the speculation is usually well off
Its really not, just because the occasional signing comes out of nowhere in todays world its almost impossible to keep all deals under wraps. Aurier was spoke about weeks before, as was Moura. You've been adamant Martial is coming all summer, Man U dont sell to us its unlikely Toby is even going and Im afraid its all very much a pipe dream....

This Martial thing is just like Kovacic - its only people on here banging on about these players, theres been next to nothing to suggest we were actually interested in either of them....

We only found out yesterday we had made an offer for Sessegnon weeks ago.

While we dont know much (or anything) we do know things are happening.

We only found out yesterday we had made an offer for Sessegnon weeks ago.

While we dont know much (or anything) we do know things are happening.
A physical offer yes, but it was quite clear and obvious we held an interest him in the same way it is with Grealish (even before Villa came out and said had rejected an offer)

Theres been nothing to suggest such of Marital(since 3 years ago) or Kovacic, just posters on here determining who our targets should be.....

A physical offer yes, but it was quite clear and obvious we held an interest him in the same way it is with Grealish (even before Villa came out and said had rejected an offer)

Theres been nothing to suggest such of Marital(since 3 years ago) or Kovacic, just posters on here determining who our targets should be.....

My point is - we have had nothing to suggest an actual bid for Sessegnon - until weeks after the event. So who knows!?

Maybe we have bid for Martial 6 times, maybe we arent even interested - impossible to say either way.

I've warmed to the idea of Grealish being at Spurs, having previously been a bit uninspired by it. Certainly all the professional reports / interviews from players & coaches seem to give him very very positive reviews with no doubts he can become a very good player quite quickly under Poch.
You've only warmed to the idea because 2 weeks ago you were told you were going out to dinner at The Ivy and were having their scallops for starters and then a fillet steak for main. You turned your nose up at the meal at KFC cos you know deep down you are better than that.

Now the 2 weeks is nearly up and you’ve been blown out by your mate to eat at the Ivy and KFC is no longer an option as the queue is too long. You’d take a Boots meal deal with a triple sandwich right now.

Edit - I have always wanted Grealish but just so bored at work.

Back