• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

No they havent got worse, they have got to a CL final. They quite clearly put more focus on that as they got to the latter stages....

Really...

See that’s the angle people portray but in reality their form post new year in the league was arguably better than before and it’s when people took more notice

I think it’s a narrative that hides the fact that under pressure in the league they went very “wobbly” and limped over the line to get a CL place

But if they actually win the final then it’s a better season than previous

But people think pool have got better ...

I’m hearing their the team to challenge next season dont forget

Thats just all the pro liverpool hype around at moment re CL final Salah blah blah it was the wedding last week. Salah is doing the business and that's the only difference. Challenge next year..........maybe or Leicester will. :cool:
Liverpool have done well to get the final. Or should that be beating City. They are the only team to lay a glove on City, that where all this hype is originating from....

Thats just all the pro liverpool hype around at moment re CL final Salah blah blah it was the wedding last week. Salah is doing the business and that's the only difference. Challenge next year..........maybe or Leicester will. :cool:
Liverpool have done well to get the final. Or should that be beating City. They are the only team to lay a glove on City, that where all this hype is originating from....

True but they have to beat the weaker teams to win the league like city do

Really...

See that’s the angle people portray but in reality their form post new year in the league was arguably better than before and it’s when people took more notice

I think it’s a narrative that hides the fact that under pressure in the league they went very “wobbly” and limped over the line to get a CL place

No, its a reality that has nothing to do with any narrative and has been reflected in their PL starting lineups when they reached the latter stages - the amount of changes they made etc. They prioritised their full team for CL games....

True but they have to beat the weaker teams to win the league like city do

Thats why like of us they Liverpool are some ways away from City.
Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea are in the chasing group.
Manchesters are financially in a different league and City are the more accomplished.

Last edited:
No, its a reality that has nothing to do with any narrative and has been reflected in their PL starting lineups when they reached the latter stages - the amount of changes they made etc. They prioritised their full team for CL games....

Who did they change when they lost to Swansea?
What about when they lost to Chelsea?
When they played stoke they made 2 changes that were tests and one due to injury.. they drew
Again against West Brom they made 2 changes form their normal first 11 and they drew

People make changes late in the season due to fitness, injury and form. I also agree they mentally may have focussed on the bigger games but if their that good they should be getting more points

And we had to manage our team during the tough run of games in the CL earlier this season - we did it better

Who did they change when they lost to Swansea?
What about when they lost to Chelsea?
When they played stoke they made 2 changes that were tests and one due to injury.. they drew
Again against West Brom they made 2 changes form their normal first 11 and they drew

People make changes late in the season due to fitness, injury and form. I also agree they mentally may have focussed on the bigger games but if their that good they should be getting more points
Im not getting into specifics with you mate, but they lost to Swansea in January so not sure how thats relevant. Its been obvious for a while Liverpool have been focusing on the CL, whether you want to argue its team selection or mentally or whatever. I dont know why you and some others hate Liverpool getting credit so much, after Emirates Marketing Project they were the best team to watch and are in a CL final....

Really...

And if they lose the final then its not a very good season at all.

I think the two seasons before last where we were better was beating the teams we should, something we struggled with more this season, that said we still wallop alot of pap.

And we had to manage our team during the tough run of games in the CL earlier this season - we did it better
We did it better? Well if thats the case they must of done it better since as theyve got all the way to the final whilst still coming top 4 and only two points off of us at that. I know whose position Id rather be in this season....

We did it better? Well if thats the case they must of done it better since as theyve got all the way to the final whilst still coming top 4 and only two points off of us at that. I know whose position Id rather be in this season....
We managed the league better - they only had to play one good team and messed up enough to finish behind us. Imagine if they had to manage the league all those other times we had to as we know they can't do both.

Chelsea sell to United.
United sell to Chelsea
Arsenal sell to City, United.

Walker, Van Persie, Berbatov, Gallas, Carrick, Clichy, Nasri, Mata, Matic, Cech, Sanchez, Mkhitaryan.The list is endless.

EVERY clubs sells to a rival. Fact.

Pretty much this, some fans moan and bitch about us selling our players ( i guess most of them still feel blame Levy for all our ills) but the truth is that all those players wanted out and when a player decides that is what he IS going to do then there is nothing a club can do except make sure we get good money for them.

Im not getting into specifics with you mate, but they lost to Swansea in January so not sure how thats relevant. Its been obvious for a while Liverpool have been focusing on the CL, whether you want to argue its team selection or mentally or whatever. I dont know why you and some others hate Liverpool getting credit so much, after Emirates Marketing Project they were the best team to watch and are in a CL final....

I don’t think there better to watch than us
It’s posh long ball... I’ve said it for ages. Bang it quickly down the lines to a fast man to cut in on.
Works great some times but other times you need more guile which is what they miss without Coutinho which was the start of my commments
The CL final is an odd cup competion hence why a team we beat in that comp is still in it. We beat Madrid and we beat Pool. Neither side beat us but weirdly City battered us in the league and aren’t in it, as it’s a cup not a measure of the season

No more at all... why would they be anymore than us?
We are back at our home and have IMO a better team and manager
The expectation is being lumped on them which adds pressure

If they win CL will Real Madrid sack Zidane?
Replacements are thin on the ground?

I don’t think there better to watch than us
It’s posh long ball... I’ve said it for ages. Bang it quickly down the lines to a fast man to cut in on.
Works great some times but other times you need more guile which is what they miss without Coutinho which was the start of my commments
The CL final is an odd cup competion hence why a team we beat in that comp is still in it. We beat Madrid and we beat Pool. Neither side beat us but weirdly City battered us in the league and aren’t in it, as it’s a cup not a measure of the season

I agree with a lot of that, I don’t agree on Coutinho though, imo, they haven’t missed him primarily because he’s not that good, he gives the ball away too often and doesn’t do enough defensive work. I see why he gets games at Barca but if he played for us he’d infuriate me.

Back