• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

I still believe there is better out there than Werner personally. Not saying he hasn’t done well but it’s a small sample of games to choose from.
I know there is better out there
We went for him because it was convenient to get in a capable, fast player who we thought could do the job he has done. It was low risk, high reward.
I think he has done everything that could be asked. I think also we would see a better outcome with a striker there
Ange ball is about creating the highest possible scoring chances using wide pace and overload centrally with your full backs. We are doing that. But if the other pieces of the jigsaw aren’t fitting in, it won’t always work

From what i have seen from him in our shirt i believe he is underated by some fans.
I think it’s because he never looked fluid in his turns or even athletic
I watch Doku and he rarely has an end product in my eyes but it looks better with his turns

I know there is better out there
We went for him because it was convenient to get in a capable, fast player who we thought could do the job he has done. It was low risk, high reward.
I think he has done everything that could be asked. I think also we would see a better outcome with a striker there
Ange ball is about creating the highest possible scoring chances using wide pace and overload centrally with your full backs. We are doing that. But if the other pieces of the jigsaw aren’t fitting in, it won’t always work

All fine but Werner will always miss crucial chances, like Jesus for Arsenal last night.

And haaland..
Every player misses those chances
Their humans
Son right now isn’t even getting those chances
Wide forwards in Ange ball aren’t the goal scorers they are in other teams systems
If they aren't scoring they need immense creation and numbers. 3 assists in the games played is ok, it's not title winning numbers if he's not also going to score goals. His numbers are better than looking at him by the eye. He's not making 2 or 3 golden chances every game which what I would want and we need if he's also not going to be scoring much.

Let's not settle, let's try and get great.

If they aren't scoring they need immense creation and numbers. 3 assists in the games played is ok, it's not title winning numbers if he's not also going to score goals. His numbers are better than looking at him by the eye. He's not making 2 or 3 golden chances every game which what I would want and we need if he's also not going to be scoring much.

He is creating
There is no one in the middle
That’s both gonna help him or anyone’s numbers
Pump 100 crosses into the box and your CF is 30 yards away .. he isn’t scoring
It’s well worth watching how Celtic played to see how it works and what’s needed.

Think spurs talkshow showed how his stats compared to nico williams. Werner was better in every department.

Think it will be difficult to get better.
I’m not sure about that
There are players who are better out there potentially
But what I don’t get is the digging out of Werner by many (teletext) that he is the reason why we’re not getting certain results
I heard guy behind me the other week call him a Chelsea C€%T… so in his mind there is baggage in that guys head because he played for Chelsea
Mental!!!

I’m not sure about that
There are players who are better out there potentially
But what I don’t get is the digging out of Werner by many (teletext) that he is the reason why we’re not getting certain results
I heard guy behind me the other week call him a Chelsea C€%T… so in his mind there is baggage in that guys head because he played for Chelsea
Mental!!!

Didn't say that there isn't players out there better than werner. But identifying them and getting them in is not going to be easy or cheap.

Didn't say that there isn't players out there better than werner. But identifying them and getting them in is not going to be easy or cheap.
Nothing is cheap
Mikey Moore might step up very soon
We also have Santiago
Both would do more in an adult side than Gil, who we can sell for some money
We’re also shifting Gio so again… some income
As it stands we’re possibly not getting CL so the incomings will change unless there is that cash injection through the ownership

Nothing is cheap
Mikey Moore might step up very soon
We also have Santiago
Both would do more in an adult side than Gil, who we can sell for some money
We’re also shifting Gio so again… some income
As it stands we’re possibly not getting CL so the incomings will change unless there is that cash injection through the ownership

Nobody has any money to buy players.

You talk about creating, then refer to assists which isn't a true reflection of creating? He creates chances and is a threat every game, no idea what his stats are in that area but I trust my eyes that tell me he is a direct threat on a constant basis if fed the ball and if we had a true 'fox in the box' type of striker would love having Werner supply him....

Last edited:
You talk about creating, then refer to assists which isn't a true reflection of creating? He creates chances and is a threat every game, no idea what his stats are in that area but I trust my eyes that tell me he is a direct threat on a constant basis if fed the ball and if we had a true 'fox in the box' type of striker would love having Werner supply him....
doesn’t need to be a fox in the box
Chris woods would get 20 plus goals in this set up and he is brick

I do not believe in assists as a stat that directly correlates to creativity, I only mentioned the assists because I knew otherwise Bedford would mention them or someone else would.

Likewise I judge creativity with my eyes and obviously we will disagree because I do not believe that just throwing crosses into the box is creativity. Creativity is guile and vision, again we'll disagree but I do not believe Werner provides that. He's a direct threat in the sense that he has pace, but his passing is ok, his crossing is ok. Neither are particularly insicive. I know you think i'm talking nonsense but I think you'll be surprised when a fox in the box doesn't scored 30 goals a season from crosses with Werner being directly responsible for 15 of them. I'm just saying it now, in a year's time you'll see what I see now. He's not of the required standard.

Think spurs talkshow showed how his stats compared to nico williams. Werner was better in every department.

Think it will be difficult to get better.
Forget the stats, watch him play. Playstyle wise he's the type of player we need and he has 12 assists this season so I'm not sure what spin they had on the stats. Maybe per 90 but that has to take into account he plays for Sociedad hardly a team with a great striker.

Back