• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood Testimonial OMT Spurs v Aston Villa 11th April

the league cup final thing should be no excuse whatsoever, i mean back in 2010 we lost to Man Utd in the league cup final but still went on and qualified for the CL by finishing 4th

not even the embarrassment of losing the Fa cup semi later on against Portsmouth had a negative effect either, we still beat Arsanal, beat Chelski, went to Emirates Marketing Project and won

there are no excuses for what is happening now....yes we didnt expect to be doing so well this season, but fact is we were, kudos to the players and Poch, however it would have been nice to make a real attempt to finish the season just as strongly.

We qualified the following season.

I feel compelled to post having read alob on here mainly from people who just want to blame everybody from the manager to the tea lady.

Were Villa that good yesterday? No not for me, Sherwood has them playing better I have no doubt but they were not that great. Ok great leap from Benteke, sneaks into corner off the post but other than hitting the post did they do much more to carve out chances. Not really IMO!

Why did we lose? Decision making in final third for me. No intelligence, very little guile, too predictable. The final ball into the box has been terrible all season and too easy to cut out in several games. Add to that Kane's obsession with doing it all himself, Chadli and Eriksen losing form and Townsends mindlessness and we failed to score of even threaten.

The best thing now is for this season to finish to allow Pochettino and his team to get to work on bringing in some quality. I know it's frustrating but sometimes it's best to take a step back and keep it in as some comments are reading quite irrationally!

Add to that Kane's obsession with doing it all himsel

Sorry, can't agree with you on this at all, not on yesterday's match. The boy created numerous chances for others. He hit Soldado with a lovely ball over the top, which the commentator observed that Kane himself should have been on the end of.

I feel compelled to post having read alob on here mainly from people who just want to blame everybody from the manager to the tea lady.

Were Villa that good yesterday? No not for me, Sherwood has them playing better I have no doubt but they were not that great. Ok great leap from Benteke, sneaks into corner off the post but other than hitting the post did they do much more to carve out chances. Not really IMO!

Why did we lose? Decision making in final third for me. No intelligence, very little guile, too predictable. The final ball into the box has been terrible all season and too easy to cut out in several games. Add to that Kane's obsession with doing it all himself, Chadli and Eriksen losing form and Townsends mindlessness and we failed to score of even threaten.

The best thing now is for this season to finish to allow Pochettino and his team to get to work on bringing in some quality. I know it's frustrating but sometimes it's best to take a step back and keep it in as some comments are reading quite irrationally!

The Tea lady has done a fantastic job, no blame at all can be attached to her.

The Tea lady has done a fantastic job, no blame at all can be attached to her.

I'm not sure, after the cup final her brews just don't seem as flavouful or committed. She kind of goes through the process of making a good cuppa, but it doesn't seem to come together. But is that all her fault or should questions be asked of the tea bags, kettle and milk, not to mention the sugar?

I'm not sure, after the cup final her brews just don't seem as flavouful or committed. She kind of goes through the process of making a good cuppa, but it doesn't seem to come together. But is that all her fault or should questions be asked of the tea bags, kettle and milk, not to mention the sugar?

She's not yet been given the teabags or the milk she really wants yet though. In the summer she'll be allowed to go to the shop herself, then we'll really see the quality shine through.

Hope she doesn't buy any of those foreign tea bags. And GHod forbid she comes back with a mocco latte chino double decaf. Fancy fudging foreign names but would it warm you up on a cold night in Stoke? Would it fudge.

I heard cappuccino is decent enough though but a bit pricy.

She's not yet been given the teabags or the milk she really wants yet though. In the summer she'll be allowed to go to the shop herself, then we'll really see the quality shine through.

Yeah but she has had a couple of opportunities to shop already. To be fair however, a couple of her brews were outstanding, and she seems to have promise. Just a bit worried that with the same ingredients at her disposal her teas taste a bit like dish water at the moment. So I don't think that the ingredients are the problem or at least not the whole problem.I would like to see an iimprovement the quality of her teas, but also more variations, if earl Gray is not cutting it at the moment, why not try a breakfast tea for example? Is she flexible enough to adapt her tea making, bringing in different flavours and looks to her brews when needed?

Yeah but she has had a couple of opportunities to shop already. To be fair however, a couple of her brews were outstanding, and she seems to have promise. Just a bit worried that with the same ingredients at her disposal her teas taste a bit like dish water at the moment. So I don't think that the ingredients are the problem or at least not the whole problem.I would like to see an iimprovement the quality of her teas, but also more variations, if earl Gray is not cutting it at the moment, why not try a breakfast tea for example? Is she flexible enough to adapt her tea making, bringing in different flavours and looks to her brews when needed?

You're probably right, she's not going to have much funds available to go out and get herself some premium teabags or organic milk until the club finishes building her new Kitchen anyway, so it's about working with what she has and bringing through some newer, lesser known (maybe home grown) brews.

i've been watching Lapsang Souchong for a while, surely could come in to the mid day role as a change up from Earl Grey, add a bit of extra smoke to proceedings

also, its got 5 stars on Tesco Mobile and has always been the first name on the shopping list for me

i've been watching Lapsang Souchong for a while, surely could come in to the mid day role as a change up from Earl Grey, add a bit of extra smoke to proceedings

also, its got 5 stars on Tesco Mobile and has always been the first name on the shopping list for me

You can't just go out and buy a tea by looking at its stats and ratings (although those are impressive), we have to think of how the tea will fit in and complement the other ingriedients, how many times have you experienced lapsang? What kind of tea is it? Will it still be good, when it's wet and cold or is it just a summer tea.

Who needs a tea lady? Making a cuppa is a simple task : kettle>mug>mush, milk two sugars lovely jubbly better yet just send someone dawn the facking shops and buy an over priced tea from Starbucks afterall i don't know if i'll be here when the other cup has finally brewed.

Reactions: DTA
Who needs a tea lady? Making a cuppa is a simple task : kettle>mug>mush, milk two sugars lovely jubbly better yet just send someone dawn the facking shops and buy an over priced tea from Starbucks afterall i don't know if i'll be here when the other cup has finally brewed.

Yeah the old dear we had in before was a bit like that, but I generally enjoyed her teas. It's a shame she thought that she was going to go and make tea for England, after that she took her eye off the kettle.

Whoops sorry - the tea lady made a terrible brew on Saturday. The brew will likely last a bit longer as it has a longer shelf-life so is much cheaper in the long run i guess.
Perhaps Earl Grey might go off too quickly, but it damn well tastes nice when honey is added at the time to take away the whiff of muck

Reactions: DTA

That's the issue innit? the tea gets slopped around all over the shop when you're just asked to run around a bit!

...I suspect if the manager has his way, half the side you saw yesterday will not be here next season...

well Chiriches will be gone, Vorm, Fazio, Chadli and Townsend will probably be squad players

i think Lloris, Walker, Dier, Vertonghen, Rose, Mason, Bentaleb, Eriksen and Kane will all be first choice players going forward under Poch

Back