• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Sherwood Thread

I just loudly grumbled 'lead me to the buttock-beater, I must be punished' in AVB's croaky post-match presser voice, in a public library, with two old war historians and their wives sitting behind me.

:eek: :ross:

It horrifically sort of works, right?

Seriously, there will always be a large part of me that feels desperately sorry for him, because by GHod the guy gave it his all. No-one could question his effort or integrity IMO.

I think in the first tweet he was using the "and Sherwood told us that .......", "us" being all of us who read the paper

Hence him back tracking on the second tweet...... No?

exactly - keys uses the word US as in the public - which he is part of. Really obvious. Keys attributes the quote to the sun and sherwood as the author. Which he later claims hes made and error and it isnt Sherwoods comments

Clint,

I never wanted to let you go. Even though you were as slow as molasses, you got me a dozen goals last season. Why did you leave me? They all say Bale's departure cost me everything, but in truth, Clinty, it was yours.

You stabbed me in the heart my American foe.

Why did you do it to me?

And why do you know call yourself 'japanesegardenlover'?

I hear you like to wear stockings; if I pop over will you beat me while wearing them for being such a naughty coach and stupid enough to let you go? i have the money to pay if you like, the cheque cleared last night.

AVB

Why did I start reading that in an Eminem accent! #-o

It horrifically sort of works, right?

Seriously, there will always be a large part of me that feels desperately sorry for him, because by GHod the guy gave it his all. No-one could question his effort or integrity IMO.

Same. I never once felt he would take his eye off the ball when managing Spurs, or misrepresent us in any way. And I do believe that if things had gotten more desperate (hard to imagine, but it was possible) he would happily have returned to sleeping in his weird Japanese pod at the training ground if that's what it took to sort our problems out, rather than, say, commuting from Portsmouth every day. And he showed up more to our hospital visits and charity events than any other manager I can remember in recent times.

As a man, he was probably all I could have hoped for when it came to a boss we could all be proud of. Protected his players, was courteous to his peers, was soft-spoken, intelligent and hard-working. As a manager, however... :(

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ll-talk-by-taking-Tottenham-Hotspur-helm.html

Tim Sherwood finally has chance to show he is not all talk by taking Tottenham Hotspur helm

Daniel Levy has tried just about every other managerial structure in pursuit of regular Champions League football, so perhaps we should not be surprised that he is now entrusting the Tottenham Hotspur team to a novice.

Wednesday night will be the first time that Tim Sherwood has been the man making the decisions in the dugout and, in Sam Allardyce, he will be going up against a veteran of some 852 games. It is clearly a major gamble but, as ever with Levy, also well calculated.

The Tottenham chairman knows Sherwood, he rates his ideas. He has been impressed by his strength of character and there is a thought at the back of his mind that this could amount to the unearthing of a rough diamond.

Equally, if it does not work out, a nagging question – and perhaps background voice – will have been silenced. A theme of Sherwood’s career has been his influential training ground presence and it does not take much research into his career to discover some conflicting testimony.

It is well summed up by seven years at Blackburn Rovers that peaked in him leading the club to the Premier League title and ended with Roy Hodgson complaining- about his attitude.

Alongside Alan Shearer, Colin Hendry, Tim Flowers and Kevin Gallagher, Sherwood led a dressing room full of big personalities to the greatest moment in Blackburn’s post-war history.

“It was inevitable he was going to go into management at some stage,” says Gallagher. “He had the knowledge and a way that he wanted to play football. I think Tim will be able to take to it.”

Gallagher can still vividly recall Sherwood’s “inspirational” but unpredictable methods for galvanising team spirit.

“He is a wily character, an organiser, someone you looked up to,” he added. “He was a bit of everything. If he thought you needed a blast because you had been bad, he would have a go at you. But he would also take it if needed. He would wind you up, do jovial things. He did inspirational things. I remember after we played Wimbledon once he said, ‘Let’s see the Naseem Hamed fight in New York’. We jumped on Concorde. He would do things like that off the top of his head.

“Chris Sutton came to the club, Tim walked in and said, ‘Let’s go and test drive a Bentley’. Chris Sutton bought one. You didn’t know what he was going to do and all of a sudden he would pop up with an idea.”

After being sacked by Blackburn in 1998, Hodgson made his own claims about Sherwood and he became unhappy at not being granted a move to Tottenham.

“Up until that time, Tim had done a very good job in captaining the team and was also very supportive
to myself and the other players,” Hodgson said. “He became very disenchanted. Being such an important character in the club, his discontent was able to spread to a lot of other players.”

Sherwood responded at the time by saying that managers get sacked for “results” and, in a subsequent interview, joked that he “didn’t want to take all the credit” for Hodgson’s departure. Yet he clearly still learned from Hodgson, describing him as the best coach, if not manager, he has worked with.

Sherwood also clashed with Glenn Hoddle during his playing career and, after leaving Spurs, called for his sacking. Hoddle accused him of having an “axe to grind” but Sherwood’s straight talking has also won many admirers.

Harry Redknapp managed Sherwood at Portsmouth and described his football knowledge as “unbelievable” before recruiting him to the Tottenham coaching staff in 2008. Since then, he has impressed senior figures at the club. Levy considered Sherwood for the technical director role that ultimately went to Franco Baldini and refused him permission to speak with Blackburn about their managerial vacancy last year.

In an interview during the summer, Sherwood outlined his philosophy and belief in promoting local talent. “There’s a lot of poor players playing in the Premier League earning millions and millions,” he said. “There’s nothing better than home-grown players as history would tell you. Arsenal’s best player ever has been Tony Adams. Liverpool’s has been Steven Gerrard.

“Even at Tottenham. Ledley King is the best player they have ever had and Glenn Hoddle behind him.

“They are all home grown. That means when you cut them in half they bleed the colour of the club. It’s not all about going out and spending millions and millions of pounds. If you can’t sit at the top table with these clubs like Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project you have to find another way and it is about developing your home grown talent.”

Sherwood has talked the talk. He now finally has the chance to walk the walk.

Wtf happened here tonight?!?!
It's like under avb we had inverted humor, but now the shackles are off again.
Good times!! GG to be a bit crazy again?!?!

When Harry Redknapp endorses a persons knowledge, in any field, you have to assume that means said person is just slightly less dumb than he is?

I hope Ben and Steff know what they are doing. Much more talk like this and they'll wake Swells from his slumber. We've got a whole lot of newbies, who've never had the pleasure and he does have a taste for fresh meat.

"And uh, y'know we'll just crack on with wot we got, uh y'know it ain't a bad team" .. *smirks*

.... I for one ****ing shuddered at that. He's actually Redknapp junior.

"And uh, y'know we'll just crack on with wot we got, uh y'know it ain't a bad team" .. *smirks*

.... I for one ****ing shuddered at that. He's actually Redknapp junior.

that thought had crossed my mind as well

Sherwood is a total douchebag but maybe we need someone like that in charge. Someone bitter and twisted who thinks the world of himself. Seems to work for most big clubs!

Well, frankly, we've tried everything else, I guess putting him in charge is hardly a crazy move.

Someone actually said to me he felt sorry for AVB as he "is a nice guy". I dunno how true that is but I don't want a nice guy in charge of Spurs.

Back