• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Chiriches - no mention of him being injured, dropped from the squad entirely. Can't be that keen on him?
Capoue - was ready to let him go in January, why wouldn't he do the same now?
Sandro - Claims he's not good enough, can't get into the team ahead of players who aren't even proper central midfielders, left on the bench
Holtby - sent out on loan almost immediately
Soldado - can't get a game, has been an unused sub recently

I accept that Sherwood wouldn't want to sell Lloris and Vertonghen but they'll both want to go and Tim is part of the reason imo. Lamela I'm speculating but I just think he'd quite happily ship him off back to Italy, get some money in and get in a good old fashioned English player with lots of experience, spirit, grit, determination etc etc and he's quite happy keeping Aaron Lennon in the team because he knows him well and he's a top top player.

Chiriches = He started under Sherwood at the beginning. Got injured...came back and started again...had 2 nightmare games and got dropped. Isn't that what happens in football? you play poorly and get dropped? anyway.

Capoue = Yes don't think he rates him.

Sandro = Yes don't think he rates him.

Holtby ="almost immediately" because it was january and we had an endless amount of midfielders.

Soldado = Got games and started at the beginning. Continued not scoring and not even looking like he'll score...Put kane in...BINGO he scores...BINGO he scores again...BINGO he scores again. Nogoaldado is relegated to bench duties. What's the issue?

i just think you're starting to become like GB in that you're just saying stuff like this but not actually properly thinking about what you're saying and actually analysing the situation which is a shame. I don't like Sherwood much and want him gone but lets not go overboard.

Why cant people fathom that Managers come in with their own ideas and own preferences of who they likes a players and who they do not see fitting in? Isnt that what EVERY Manager that comes in does? Discards the ones he doesnt want and retain those he does want.

So ... what's your point?

Chiriches = He started under Sherwood at the beginning. Got injured...came back and started again...had 2 nightmare games and got dropped. Isn't that what happens in football? you play poorly and get dropped? anyway.

Capoue = Yes don't think he rates him.

Sandro = Yes don't think he rates him.

Holtby ="almost immediately" because it was january and we had an endless amount of midfielders.

Soldado = Got games and started at the beginning. Continued not scoring and not even looking like he'll score...Put kane in...BINGO he scores...BINGO he scores again...BINGO he scores again. Nogoaldado is relegated to bench duties. What's the issue?

i just think you're starting to become like GB in that you're just saying stuff like this but not actually properly thinking about what you're saying and actually analysing the situation which is a shame. I don't like Sherwood much and want him gone but lets not go overboard.

Shame that doesn't seem to apply to Aaron Lennon.

Chiriches - no mention of him being injured, dropped from the squad entirely. Can't be that keen on him?
Capoue - was ready to let him go in January, why wouldn't he do the same now?
Sandro - Claims he's not good enough, can't get into the team ahead of players who aren't even proper central midfielders, left on the bench
Holtby - sent out on loan almost immediately
Soldado - can't get a game, has been an unused sub recently

I accept that Sherwood wouldn't want to sell Lloris and Vertonghen but they'll both want to go and Tim is part of the reason imo. Lamela I'm speculating but I just think he'd quite happily ship him off back to Italy, get some money in and get in a good old fashioned English player with lots of experience, spirit, grit, determination etc etc and he's quite happy keeping Aaron Lennon in the team because he knows him well and he's a top top player.

Ah Rossi, come on man.

Chiriches: Was injured from early February (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenhams-vlad-chiriches-out-injured-3132953), returned to training on 25 March (http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/vlad-chiri...training-ease-tottenham-injury-crisis-1441813) and started the VERY FIRST GAME he was fit for, Sunderland on April 7 (he wasn't in squad for the Liverpool game on March 30, since he'd only been back 4 days into training after 6 weeks out): http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26814762

Capoue: Sherwood was quite rude to Capoue which I didn't like. But Capoue's been injured almost throughout Sherwood's time since mid February - he was injured in a game Sherwood started him in - and only returning to training last week.

Sandro: Said he wasn't good enough at the moment, and when he was, he'd be back in squad. Sure enough, back in squad after impressing in training.

Holtby: Sherwood said last week before Fulham game: “We knew he was a good player, he’s playing in that No10 role and he has affected things,” said the Spurs boss. “We’ve been watching him very closely recently because we’ve got this game coming up, and he’s done very well. I think it [the loan move] was right for him, I think he’s been good for them. It’s good that he’s played some games in the Premier League so it will benefit Tottenham next year. The last thing we wanted to do was to keep him here and for him not to play, so I think that all of the new signings – the seven of them – will improve and get better, and next year they’ll be better players for having the experience of playing. But they have to play to get that experience.”

Soldado: What? He was injured at Anfield where Sherwood started him - and only returned last week to sit on the bench, may well have got on at Stoke except for the Rose sub.

I think the final straw for Vertonghen was AVB being sacked and no replacement being found. No doubt he expected a settled second season and that hasn't happened. Lloris knows he can get regular Champs League football elsewhere. Holtby, Capoue, Sandro and Paulinho all seem to be out of favour with him or have been and in the case of Paulinho we hear he is struggling to settle. Soldado I think would be sold if Sherwood could find a replacement he prefers, right now Ade and Kane are his first two. If TS were in charge next season I'd expect the vast majority of these seven would be sold and established EPL players brought in.

I don't think Rio or Parker would be on the list, but no doubt Barry, Lescott and Milner (have been linked online) would be of interest to us.

I think the final straw for Vertonghen was AVB being sacked and no replacement being found. No doubt he expected a settled second season and that hasn't happened. Lloris knows he can get regular Champs League football elsewhere. Holtby, Capoue, Sandro and Paulinho all seem to be out of favour with him or have been and in the case of Paulinho we hear he is struggling to settle. Soldado I think would be sold if Sherwood could find a replacement he prefers, right now Ade and Kane are his first two. If TS were in charge next season I'd expect the vast majority of these seven would be sold and established EPL players brought in.

I don't think Rio or Parker would be on the list, but no doubt Barry, Lescott and Milner (have been linked online) would be of interest to us.

Look, the club has said there is not going to be a massive upheaval of playing staff. We might sell one or two and strengthen in one or two positions, but the idea there is going to be some kind of mass exodus is just NOT going to happen, whoever gets the gig.

At the end of the day, Levy operates with a DOF and whoever is in the dug out is "head coach", therefore Sherwood or whoever is brought in can say all they like, there is not going to be a situation where we sell Lloris, Vertonghen, Chiriches, Holtby, Lamela, Soldado, Paulinho, Capoue etc and bring in about 10 new players to replace them. Just NOT going to happen.

Plus Vertonghen and Lloris can sulk all they like, they're on long contracts and we'll demand huge fees to part with them. I don't think Vertonghen's form is going to encourage anyone to bid the kind of money its going to take to buy him and with Lloris, other than PSG, I can't see what club is going to stump up the kind of stupid cash we want for a goalkeeper.

Re: Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

I wouldn't have been against it say 4-6 weeks ago but since then he's said some things I really don't like/agree with and his team selection has been bemusing at best. Plus I get the feeling he'd quite happily ship out all of our summer signings(bar Eriksen) without giving them a proper chance. Oh yeah and his insane love in for Aaron Lennon who provides next to nothing these days.

Agree with all that.

Anyone else think (or is praying!) that this idiot might get the sack tomorrow? With **** winning 2-0, it looks like our chances of getting 4th will mathematically be over. May as well get rid of him now than wait 2 more weeks

Anyone else think (or is praying!) that this idiot might get the sack tomorrow? With **** winning 2-0, it looks like our chances of getting 4th will mathematically be over. May as well get rid of him now than wait 2 more weeks

Sadly not a chance he will be sacked before the end of the season. That's what he wants. He won't get it. No, this is (and has been for over a month) a mounting mutual grudge-**** of epic proportions.

I am going to un-endear myself to some more than I already have done over the years by saying that I believe the main reason we are even as high as we are in the table is because of the squad we have than the manager. We have a very capable squad which has a few glaring holes (mostly in defence). Thus these players have been able to dig out results regardless of the total lack of direction offered. It is also why Baldini will keep his job, because ultimately, whoever comes in will get the problem areas addressed but not get a massive cash injection IMO.

As for Lennon, I'm sorry, but he is a great player when he's used properly and working within a system. That system more often than not relies on someone finding him either early or quickly. He's going to be half as effective when he's doubled up on every time we're in possession because we cannot move the ball quickly enough!

He will be here until the Ledley King testimonial but then I am sure that he will be off. There is a lot of money to be made from finishing as high in the league as possible, so we are not going to get shot of him now when results are good.

As for Lennon, I'm sorry, but he is a great player when he's used properly and working within a system. That system more often than not relies on someone finding him either early or quickly. He's going to be half as effective when he's doubled up on every time we're in possession because we cannot move the ball quickly enough!

Agreed. I would also say that after Erkisen he was our best player in the two games before Stoke.

I am going to un-endear myself to some more than I already have done over the years by saying that I believe the main reason we are even as high as we are in the table is because of the squad we have than the manager. We have a very capable squad which has a few glaring holes (mostly in defence). Thus these players have been able to dig out results regardless of the total lack of direction offered. It is also why Baldini will keep his job, because ultimately, whoever comes in will get the problem areas addressed but not get a massive cash injection IMO.

I think thats what most of us think. Players dont become bad players overnight when they sign for SPurs or become bad players when they return from international duty back to Spurs. We're playing way below our potential. I honestly cant remember the last time Spurs were higher in the table than we actually merited in a similar wya to how Liverpool are - there's no way with their sqaud that they should be up there. Actually, the last time we preformed greater than the sum of the parts was, I hate to admit it, under George Graham. Football was dull but the squad wasnt great at all

I think thats what most of us think. Players dont become bad players overnight when they sign for SPurs or become bad players when they return from international duty back to Spurs. We're playing way below our potential. I honestly cant remember the last time Spurs were higher in the table than we actually merited in a similar wya to how Liverpool are - there's no way with their sqaud that they should be up there. Actually, the last time we preformed greater than the sum of the parts was, I hate to admit it, under George Graham. Football was dull but the squad wasnt great at all

I think that the issue that we have had this season (other than the new players taking a while to settle) is that our squad has not been as well balanced as it appears on paper. The two managers that we have had this season have both struggled to build a cohesive unit that can attack and defend fluidly. They have drawn different conclusions as to which was the more important to concentrate on when they had to chose one or the other but both had to make a less than ideal choice.

Agreed. I would also say that after Erkisen he was our best player in the two games before Stoke.

These players are being starved and forced to feed on whatever scraps can be improvised. Sherwood had the balls to claim that Rose's header was somehow the result of some tactical masterplan to get him further forward in an effort to find unorthodox goals like we did with Bale. Someone should've pointed out to the tool that going by THAT logic, Rose is an unmitigated DISASTER as I've seen Rose in the opposition penalty area as many times as ours this season yet he only has one goal?????? I can confirm that he has cost us several.

I think that the issue that we have had this season (other than the new players taking a while to settle) is that our squad has not been as well balanced as it appears on paper. The two managers that we have had this season have both struggled to build a cohesive unit that can attack and defend fluidly. They have drawn different conclusions as to which was the more important to concentrate on when they had to chose one or the other but both had to make a less than ideal choice.

The only issue we had this season is that one outstanding world class - who carried the team single handedly for a whole season, our Roy of the Rovers - left and even if we got 200 million we would not have been able to replace him

These players are being starved and forced to feed on whatever scraps can be improvised. Sherwood had the balls to claim that Rose's header was somehow the result of some tactical masterplan to get him further forward in an effort to find unorthodox goals like we did with Bale. Someone should've pointed out to the tool that going by THAT logic, Rose is an unmitigated DISASTER as I've seen Rose in the opposition penalty area as many times as ours this season yet he only has one goal?????? I can confirm that he has cost us several.

I think that we have seen some quite good movement in the final third this month. The Stoke game was nothing to shout about but that is a tough place to go.

I think that we have seen some quite good movement in the final third this month. The Stoke game was nothing to shout about but that is a tough place to go.

Problem is, the moment we come across any side remotely close to us in terms of ability, we currently choke.

Back