• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

But it wasn't the right team, it just happened to be enough individual skill in it to be the second worst team in the league.

Aha like so many games before when Bale pulled our asses out of the fire, or Ginola produced a moment of superbness, or an inch perfect pass from Hoddle sets up a goal, or a fantastic run by Villa wins us an FA Cup.

But it wasn't the right team, it just happened to be enough individual skill in it to be the second worst team in the league.

I've just seen the bottom club win at the 2nd place club, after drawing at the 3rd place club in midweek....they lost 1-5 at us the week before....:eek:

Jordinho has a point, that said I think it's been that way ever since Harry left. This isn't a team, it's just a bunch of poorly organised individuals saved by the odd moment of quality. As the commentators said, all Stockdale really had to do all game was pick the ball out of the net, it was Hugo who was the far busier of the two.

Jordinho has a point, that said I think it's been that way ever since Harry left. This isn't a team, it's just a bunch of poorly organised individuals saved by the odd moment of quality. As the commentators said, all Stockdale really had to do all game was pick the ball out of the net, it was Hugo who was the far busier of the two.

I do agree with that though, not been a cohesive unit or team and not seen any enjoyment on players faces when playing, that I think is key and tells us a great deal.

Dont think TS has said that or ever said that.

Odd comment. Neither of us would know either way whether he has or has not said that.

However his persona, and therefore my perception of him as a manager, is that he thinks that.
He may not - but as a premier lgr manager, how you are publically perceived is very important and can be the making or breaking of a squad

Odd comment. Neither of us would know either way whether he has or has not said that.

However his persona, and therefore my perception of him as a manager, is that he thinks that.
He may not - but as a premier lgr manager, how you are publically perceived is very important and can be the making or breaking of a squad

It was tongue in cheek mate.

In all honesty, it seems that a lot of people on here seem to know TS fairly well and know his motives etc - judging by their posts of course.

BTW, my last post was a bit aggressive, I didn't mean it that way. Just very frustrated at the one way traffic of complaints.

No issue mate, believe or not I see some things TS did worse giving credit for

- More attacking lineup
- Betaleb, Ade, Kane
- Getting results
- Learning to leverage Eriksen
- Giving Soldado more time

My issues with him really are

- Failure to address the defensive issue (not seeing a plan)
- His media persona (**** he says)
- His system or lack of (but that might just be my perception)

The rest is personal preference, e.g. players selected, DM vs. no DM, etc.

What you see is what you get. I think he could well make a decent manager, as he would say himself, he's an opinionated c-nt who tells it like it is- what I don't think is that he has the special something a manager would need to make us a contender for 3rd or 4th again, because I can't see him motivating fringe players, or "outsmarting" more experienced managers.

No issue mate, believe or not I see some things TS did worse giving credit for

- More attacking lineup
- Betaleb, Ade, Kane
- Getting results
- Learning to leverage Eriksen
- Giving Soldado more time

My issues with him really are

- Failure to address the defensive issue (not seeing a plan)
- His media persona (**** he says)
- His system or lack of (but that might just be my perception)

The rest is personal preference, e.g. players selected, DM vs. no DM, etc.

You cannot fix this with the players we have. There isn't one player in our defence I would put my house on to make the crucial tackle when needed.

One for all the Sherwood Haterz on here...

P487_zps35c5dbfb.png

Just proof that Levy's transfer policy works. Who the manager is is almost inconsequential. As long as we don't win the league cup we will be up there.

We just got to keep looking for the one that can keep us in the title fight until the very end.

That's because no-one seemed to ever GENUINELY understand how vital Luka Modric was to the 'success' we had under Redknapp.
Modric was a vital, vital player for us. Madrid basically stole him for what they paid.

Thats pretty much it Milo, I've just watched the interview on btsport. Just said that at the moment Sandro isn't good enough to be selected and will have to work to be picked ahead of the others. That should serve as motivation to Sandro. Don't see much wrong with that, just the usual knicker twisting on this board.

Nope. Knickers are fine. Why can't Sherwood say something like the following?
"I have a lot of internationals here and I can't fit them all onto the pitch at once obviously, Sandro's a great lad, a fine player, he had a terrible injury earlier in the season and so it's important we bring him along slowly and surely. Don't worry about him, he's got a great future at this club."

Why could he not say something like that, instead of his typical (of recent weeks) bullish, dingdong-swinging 'I'm the man this is my way or the highway' macho ********?

I admit freely that having sworn to give him a fair crack of the whip, and time, he has undone me to a point where I cannot be objective and simply want him to **** off and fast. My turning point remains 'the leak' and everything around it. he talks like he is a 'club man' but he is a self-preservationist. Funny thing is, a bit more of the former, a bit less stupid talk and a bit more in the man-management dept and I think levy would've given him a longer shot. I suppose I should be happy he's blown it?

But anyway, again, I freely admit that my ability to be objective has been shot and I want him out out out. But the caveat is that I consider said-objectivity to have been taken by him and his stupid words and posturing!

You need to be a gaffer off camera and a manager in public.
He thinks he's Brian Clough.

If he does he'd ahve said this by now "Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes."

Just watched that video of his interview and I don't think the Sandro comment it's as bad as it's been made out to be. Definitely ill-advised though and journalists will lap it up to make a bigger story out of it than it deserves. Didn't need to be said but not on the 'My missus could have scored that' level.

Media seems to have latched on to the Rose/Parks incident.

Sherwood will be loving that passion.

It isn't as bad as its being made out to be. Unfortunately there are many posters that hate him and objectivity and logical reasoning have been completely lost (if they were there to start with).

What happened there?

They had an argument after the game finished, probably about Rose pushing one of the Fulham players.

The Mail article has a video clip of Sherwood commenting on it, but there's no way I'm watching that.

Back