• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

To be honest Sandro has been really poor since returning from injury. That's to be expected considering he was out for so long but he certainly doesn't justify a starting place based on his form. To that extent I can understand why Sherwood isn't picking him.

What is completely beyond me though is not including Sandro in the squad at all. There must be something behind the scenes going on that we don't get to see.

I haven't heard Sherwood's latest media soundbite so I can't comment with certain authority but on paper it smacks of bitterness. I didn't like Sandro airing his dirty laundry in public but really Tim is completely fair game considering he's been ****ging off everyone except himself in every media appearance he's made.

AVB didn't know our best X1. Hell i'm pretty sure he said something similar although not as blatant....I'll look.

Lloris

Walker, Kaboul, Vert, "anyone"
Lennon, Sandro, Bentaleb, Eriksen
Ade, Soldado

Bench - Brad, Vlad, Naughton, Lamela, Kane, Paulinho, Capoue

Really? that hard?

You might disagree a little with a choice, but fit, that's damn close to our best 11

Sandro Raniere ‏@sandroraniere 4m

Lol lol lol ...

I am guessing that that is in response to Sherwood's post match comments. What other way could that be perceived ?

Hope he scores the winner for Brazil this summer in the final.

Sandro would be in my first 11 in a midfield like this:

lamela sandro Claise Chadli

Eriksen

You always need a guy like sandro, I have not been one to hate Sherwood and stood up for him a bit when others have gone crazy at him, but to say that about one of your players, you know what I hope to GHod he is not manager next season now, where as before I was prepared to give him his chance.

The only thing out of that that's utter bull**** is the Sandro part. The other two have a lot of truth in it.

Mate, you can go through TS's everyday comments to the media and find tons of BS.

The problem isn't if half of it is the truth, it's what's the point of hurting the clubs image by saying **** like that?

To be honest Sandro has been really poor since returning from injury. That's to be expected considering he was out for so long but he certainly doesn't justify a starting place based on his form. To that extent I can understand why Sherwood isn't picking him.

What is completely beyond me though is not including Sandro in the squad at all. There must be something behind the scenes going on that we don't get to see.

I haven't heard Sherwood's latest media soundbite so I can't comment with certain authority but on paper it smacks of bitterness. I didn't like Sandro airing his dirty laundry in public but really Tim is completely fair game considering he's been ****ging off everyone except himself in every media appearance he's made.

The I'm fit tweet was probably just a response to questions, no harm in that. The lol tweet is a bit off, but it does indicate how bad things must be betweeen them behind the scenes. Not very mature, but there is no way Tim has a long term future at Spurs now, unless we're going to sell about 9 players and bring in a bunch of English battlers with premier league experience.

Lloris

Ade, Soldado

Really? that hard?

You might disagree a little with a choice, but fit, that's damn close to our best 11

So even when you attempt to list your best X1 you couldn't name a LB. BTW i think that X1 is totally wrong in at least 4 positions (not including LB btw)....i doubt you would find any other clubs set of fans that would disagree on at least 4 positions in a starting X1.

I have to ask the question here. If Deadwood is doing this sort of thing in "public"..I am starting to wonder what he is doing away from the camera...in order to destroy confidence in others.

It's a sad day when a manger mugs off his own players on camera in order to try and look "the innocent"

The guy is a grade A K.U.N.T and needs to be dragged away post haste.

Last edited:

I have to ask the question here. If Deadwood is doing this sort of thing in "public"..I am starting to wonder what he is doing away from the camera...in order to destroy confidence in others.

It's a sad day when a manger mugs off his own players on camera in order to try and look "the innocent"

The guy is a grade A K.U.N.T at needs to be dragged away post haste.

Spot on. Take blame, stick by your actions and words. Dont hide behind players. What an absolute idiot, im thankful I was at the stadium today because I dont think I could stand be within visible distance of him. (i'm sure he'd feel the same about me)

I suspect we all know what we think is our best 11. Whilst we may all disagree, we know what we think it is.

Anyone being paid to know should absolutely know it.

If Sherwood thinks football management is about picking his best XI and letting them do their thing he won't go far. Over a 50-60 game season that lineup won't start more than a quarter of the games anyway. His job is to know the strengths and weaknesses of his players, spot who's in form and who isn't, pick a balanced side and rotate just enough to keep everyone fresh and match fit.

So even when you attempt to list your best X1 you couldn't name a LB. BTW i think that X1 is totally wrong in at least 4 positions (not including LB btw)....i doubt you would find any other clubs set of fans that would disagree on at least 4 positions in a starting X1.

Aren't best XIs completely arbitrary anyway?

Taking into account injuries, fitness, form, opposition etc then no team in the world will consistently play one XI over a whole season.

If Sherwood thinks football management is about picking his best XI and letting them do their thing he won't go far. Over a 50-60 game season that lineup won't start more than a quarter of the games anyway. His job is to know the strengths and weaknesses of his players, spot who's in form and who isn't, pick a balanced side and rotate just enough to keep everyone fresh and match fit.

Nah mate, football management is all about guts, desire and passion

Aren't best XIs completely arbitrary anyway?

Taking into account injuries, fitness, form, opposition etc then no team in the world will consistently play one XI over a whole season.

The point is no set of fans in world football (imo) would ever have such a big contrast of opinions in regards to our first X1 as we do. Cool...i'll start a thread actually.

Lloris

Ade, Soldado

Really? that hard?

Incredible.

- Sherwood would have picked Walker and Verts today if they were fit, but they aren't. So you and he agree on that.
- Rose is our only LB, and the fact you can't even name another player there proves it. No choice today but Rose, none.
- 442 is Sherwood's recent system, so you are obviously agreeing with that change he's introduced too.
- Ade wasn't playing until Sherwood came along. So you must agree with Sherwood on his reintroduction/playing time.
- Ade/Soldado hardly played together before Sherwood came along, so now you are agreeing with his use of those two up until the time Soldado got injured.
- You are also presumably agreeing that Kane was the correct sub today for Soldado since, in your own view, that puts our favoured striking partnership on the pitch
- Bentaleb was a youth player before Sherwood played him. So you obviously appreciate Sherwood spotting him & introducing him.
- Eriksen wasn't playing on the left until Sherwood put him there. Glad to see you agree with playing him there too.
- You have Sandro in there when Sherwood doesn't which is one change, but Sandro on this season's form is an emotion pick and not a form pick

You are basically agreeing with a shed-load of what Sherwood has done without apparently realising it.

But I know my best 11, that's the point.

Re LB, our options aren't good enough and that is directly attributable to TS (January window). Personally I would play Rose if Walker was fit, if not, I'd put Dawson/Vlad/Sandro in CB and move one of the CB's wide (I would never play Rose & Naughton in same team)

Re the rest, it would depend on your thoughts re AM/DM, Sandro is our best DM, Eriksen is our best Creative midfielder, Lennon is our best wide/pacy player, leaves one spot, I opted for Bentaleb as he moves the ball well.

Ade/Soldado are our best two up front, no question, only option different is to play 1 up front (Ade) and opt for another midfielder from my bench.

Incredible.

- Sherwood would have picked Walker and Verts today if they were fit, but they aren't. So you and he agree on that.
- Rose is our only LB, and the fact you can't even name another player there proves it. No choice today but Rose, none.
- 442 is Sherwood's recent system, so you are obviously agreeing with that change he's introduced too.
- Ade wasn't playing until Sherwood came along. So you must agree with Sherwood on his reintroduction/playing time.
- Ade/Soldado hardly played together before Sherwood came along, so now you are agreeing with his use of those two up until the time Soldado got injured.
- You are also presumably agreeing that Kane was the correct sub today for Soldado since, in your own view, that puts our favoured striking partnership on the pitch
- Bentaleb was a youth player before Sherwood played him. So you obviously appreciate Sherwood spotting him & introducing him.
- Eriksen wasn't playing on the left until Sherwood put him there. Glad to see you agree with playing him there too.
- You have Sandro in there when Sherwood doesn't which is one change, but Sandro on this season's form is an emotion pick and not a form pick

You are basically agreeing with a shed-load of what Sherwood has done without apparently realising it.

I am responding to Sherwood's public statement that he doesn't know his best 11, not "he doesn't know his best 11 with injury caveats"

See my other post, Rose as our only LB option is a damning indictment of Sherwood, a 4 year old in Dec/January would have known that position would come back to bite us in the ass.

Re Ade/Bentaleb/Eriksen, yes, good on TS for playing them, doesn't answer how after 20+ games a professional manager feels the need to publicly state he has no idea who is best 11 is, and follow that up by slating his best DM when the side concedes goals for fun.

One for all the Sherwood Haterz on here...

P487_zps35c5dbfb.png

"What a terrible decision to sack AVB... he has our highest premiership points per game total, don't ya know!" .. 5 months on... "I don't care about stats... Sherwood out!"

:lol:

"What a terrible decision to sack AVB... he has our highest premiership points per game total, don't ya know!" .. 5 months on... "I don't care about stats... Sherwood out!"

Is the only defense of TS on this board "well he's better than AVB?"

Newsflash .. AVB was fired (or questioned about his suitability for role and he left) due to poor results.

If the best people who defend TS can come up with is "he's better than the last guy we fired" .. kind of proves the point.

It's only a valid comparison after Tim gets 100 more games

It's only a valid comparison after Tim gets 100 more games

Don't waste you breath mate, when I asked to include other games than PL or when I asked for loss %, it's not relevant. when I try to explain the basics of statistics requiring a certain size/pool to work with, all dismissed.

Back