• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2016-17

So that's:

McGee
Harrison
Miller
Oduwa
Lesniak
Ogilvie
Loft
Walkes

all being release in June then. I suppose two (Winks, Onomah) out of that age group (2CV, KWP and Edwards are younger) isn't a bad return though

So that's:

McGee
Harrison
Miller
Oduwa
Lesniak
Ogilvie
Loft
Walkes

all being release in June then. I suppose two (Winks, Onomah) out of that age group (2CV, KWP and Edwards are younger) isn't a bad return though

None of those names though as surprising, perhaps with the exception of Walkes

I thought I'd read somewhere that Poch rated Harrison quite highly?
And there was something from before Christmas saying that Poch was now having a change of mind about sending favoured players out on loan?
Maybe for those he rates, but who are a bit further away from the first team squad -eg. Harrison, Walkes - Poch now sees the value of loans, but for those already knocking on the first team door - Onomah, KWP, Edwards - he wants to keep them close by?
All pure speculation of course.

Walkes and Harrison will still be on our books next season, they might well go on loan again but it's unlikely they'll be let go. Same goes for McGee who we'll look to find a Championship loan for unless a club puts a decent offer our way to sign him. Miller will get another year on loan I'd have thought but the other four(Ogilvie/Lesniak/Oduwa/Loft) are probably gone.

Walkes and Harrison will still be on our books next season, they might well go on loan again but it's unlikely they'll be let go. Same goes for McGee who we'll look to find a Championship loan for unless a club puts a decent offer our way to sign him. Miller will get another year on loan I'd have thought but the other four(Ogilvie/Lesniak/Oduwa/Loft) are probably gone.

I think that Walkes still had half a chance of making it at PL or championship level - from what I've seen of him, his problem is working out what position he is. He's seemed a bit small to be a CB, but perhaps not mobile enough to be a full back; quite good on the ball so perhaps he could make it as a DM

I think that Walkes still had half a chance of making it at PL or championship level - from what I've seen of him, his problem is working out what position he is. He's seemed a bit small to be a CB, but perhaps not mobile enough to be a full back; quite good on the ball so perhaps he could make it as a DM

I've never really seen him as being small, he's about the same height as Alderweireld and definitely taller than CCV. Him making it with us is a long shot but if he's to have a career at a decent level then I think it'll be at CB.

Personally I think Poch knows that some of the youngsters need to get a taste of first team football and though training with him and the first team squad is important, we have to many youngsters and the is only so many can be involved at one time.

Personally I think Poch knows that some of the youngsters need to get a taste of first team football and though training with him and the first team squad is important, we have to many youngsters and the is only so many can be involved at one time.

I think it's more the case that when they get to 20YO he brings them into the first team squad, or lets them go. No more 23/24YOs still kicking their heels. This lot going out now are just the start of June release list.

I think it's more the case that when they get to 20YO he brings them into the first team squad, or lets them go. No more 23/24YOs still kicking their heels. This lot going out now are just the start of June release list.

Whilst I agree to some degree, I don't think Amos is one of those.

They may not be in Poch's immediate plans but it gives them a chance of forcing their way into the picture later on by going down a different route, that or it at least gets them out there in the public eye to attract bids in the future. Why would we go to the bother of sending them on loan only to release them a few months later? Ok with the likes of Ogilvie/Lesniak/Oduwa who are out of contract in the summer it's to help them get a club once they leave but we're not just going to cut loose every youngster that falls just short of Spurs quality, there is a middle ground where they can still prove to be valuable commodities to us. Amos will certainly not be released and it seems that Poch deliberated for a while whether to let him go out on loan or not.

Kenny Jackett has joined our academy setup by the way, not sure what his role is exactly but he was on the sideline for our U18 game at Chelsea yesterday - where we lost 3-2 but put in a very good performance.

They may not be in Poch's immediate plans but it gives them a chance of forcing their way into the picture later on by going down a different route, that or it at least gets them out there in the public eye to attract bids in the future. Why would we go to the bother of sending them on loan only to release them a few months later? Ok with the likes of Ogilvie/Lesniak/Oduwa who are out of contract in the summer it's to help them get a club once they leave but we're not just going to cut loose every youngster that falls just short of Spurs quality, there is a middle ground where they can still prove to be valuable commodities to us. Amos will certainly not be released and it seems that Poch deliberated for a while whether to let him go out on loan or not.

I suppose we got c.£500,000 each for Ball and Ward last summer, Fredericks and Hall the summer before, so yes I suppose it is to shop window for us a bit as well, as well as the players.

Back