• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's with the u18s as preparation for next week's next-gen tournament, the u21s didn't play this week so he may as well get game time where he can.

Yeah, seems pretty standard for players to take part both in u21/development squad games and u18 games for a period whilst being "promoted". It's not a one off promotion to a different team.

I'm worried about the Edwards situation, I've only seen him twice and he looks a great prospect, but it appears he or his people want far more than our wage structure allows for a player of his age and experience. To me it seems shortsighted as we have given young players a chance whereas other clubs prefer to loan them out without giving them a game. I think we won't be able to keep him.

I'm worried about the Edwards situation, I've only seen him twice and he looks a great prospect, but it appears he or his people want far more than our wage structure allows for a player of his age and experience. To me it seems shortsighted as we have given young players a chance whereas other clubs prefer to loan them out without giving them a game. I think we won't be able to keep him.

Could just as easily just be him and his people wanting to keep their options open by not signing a long term contract.

He's a very special talent and everyone seems to know it. What is gained for him by signing a longer contract early on? Not much I would guess...

I wouldn't worry, Edwards is happy here and we obviously want to keep him, the likelihood of a deal not being met is very low. Spurs usually only deal with youth contracts out of season as we saw with Onomah last summer who only had a year left to run, so any story in the press is just a rehash of an earlier version. Only difference between the two is that Onomah's was an extension whereas this will be Edwards' first contract and the club never announce those so we'll only hear about it from those more in the know like @thfcacademy or @windycoys.

Thanks for the update Yoof, I am worried about losing him as he does look a very special player from what I've seen.

Nice piece from Mark Warburton on our Academy
http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/spurs-lead-way/

Nice find. I wonder if Warburton is a potential future Spurs manager, somewhere down the road... Seems like a really good coach who has done well at every stop. Obviously, the Scottish and English Championships are far from where we are and want to be. But if his career takes off in the next 3-5 years and Poch wants to move on to Madrid or wherever, I could see it happening.

@Glenda's Legs @SpurSF

That Warburton article has been taken down - what was the gist?
From what I can remember, it's all good stuff -- how Spurs have a world-class academy setup that is churning out Premier League-level talent. He's taking Rangers down for a practice match before the Scottish Cup Final -- whether the Spurs XI contains U-20, reserve or first team players, they'll all be technical and athletic. He bigged up Dominic Ball too.

I didn't realise the Scottish season had finished already...or do they have a long break before the cup final? Either way, I'm surprised at the mighty Rangers coming all the way to London for a match against Spurs youngsters. I guess Warburton's looking to strengthen links -- it'd no absolutely no harm for our fringe players to get some experience playing for Rangers. I mean, massive club whose opponents are out to get them every week, huge hostile crowds, etc. etc. If you can hack it paying for Rangers against Celtic, playing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge is going to be a doddle!

From what I can remember, it's all good stuff -- how Spurs have a world-class academy setup that is churning out Premier League-level talent. He's taking Rangers down for a practice match before the Scottish Cup Final -- whether the Spurs XI contains U-20, reserve or first team players, they'll all be technical and athletic. He bigged up Dominic Ball too.

I didn't realise the Scottish season had finished already...or do they have a long break before the cup final? Either way, I'm surprised at the mighty Rangers coming all the way to London for a match against Spurs youngsters. I guess Warburton's looking to strengthen links -- it'd no absolutely no harm for our fringe players to get some experience playing for Rangers. I mean, massive club whose opponents are out to get them every week, huge hostile crowds, etc. etc. If you can hack it paying for Rangers against Celtic, playing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge is going to be a doddle!
One more week in the spl and then cup final afterwards.
At the tail end of the article it gave you some memorable Spurs Rangers friendlies, I'd been to a couple at ibrox and I've been to one at Celtic park. Sad I've only been to WHL once, really need to get to once more before it's gone.

It would be a shame to waste General Wade's efforts on transport policy

When are we playing this friendly?? Will it ruin our prep for Saudi Sportswashing Machine?
Yesterday. Write up fromthe OS : http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/under-21s/match/report/spurs-xi-v-rangers-friendly-110516/
Does not seem that it will impact Sunday as there were no senior players involved.
Good call out for Grant Ward in particular from John McDermott as well as Shayon Harrison and Will Miller. Sounds like it was a success in terms of the experience gained.

Gutted, literally just found out about this next gen tournament in Geneva this weekend, but I'm traveling back to uk for last game of the season. I'd have been all over this!

I think it's in Amsterdam.

Ha probably!

There's definitely a Spurs youth team in Geneva this weekend playing atleti Madrid, Ajax, basel, Porto, club America and a couple of the local sides. I'd assumed it was the u18's but maybe it is a younger age group? I can't find much details on it online, but the games are listed on the Geneva cup website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back