• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2014-2015

Serbia beat Hungary and the US beat Colombia so it will be Veljkovic vs CCV in the quarter finals. Yahaya's Nigeria face Germany at 8:30am UK time tomorrow, he hasn't started the last two games though so would expect him on the bench again for this one which is a shame.

Contract Players

Alli Bamidele Jermaine
Ball Dominic
Carroll Thomas James
Carter-Vickers Cameron
Coulthirst Shaquile Tyshan (Extended)
Fredericks Ryan
Gomelt Tomislav
Hall Grant Terry (Extended)
Lesniak Filip (Offer)
Maghoma Christian
McEvoy Kenneth
McGee Luke Paul
Miller William (Extended)
Oduwa Nathan
Ogilvie Connor Stuart
Onomah Joshua
Pritchard Alex David
Pritchard Joe Cameron
Sonupe Emmanuel Olukolade (Extended)
Veljkovic Milos (Extended)
Walker-Peters Kyle
Ward Grant Antony
Winks Harry

Scholars

Amos Luke Ayodele (Extended)
Azzaoui Ismail
Daly Armani
Georgiou Anthony Michael (Extended)
Glover Thomas William
Goddard Cy (Extended)
Harrison Shayon (Extended)
Hayford Charlie Garath
Loft Ryan
Mcdermott Thomas William
Muscatt Joseph Luis
Owens Charlie
Paul Christopher David
Stylianides Zenon
Voss Harry William (Extended)
Walkes Anton (Extended)

Free transfers

Archer Jordan Gideon
Ceballos Cristian
McEneff Aaron
McQueen Alexander Luke
Miles Jonathan David

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/player-update-100615/

PLAYER UPDATE

Posted on 10 June 2015 - 16:00

The Club can confirm the departures of Jordan Archer, Cristian Ceballos and Bongani Khumalo following the conclusion of their contracts.
bongani730.jpg

1/2
Bongani Khumalo

Development squad members Aaron McEneff, Alex McQueen and Jonathan Miles and Academy player Lloyd Ross have also been released.

We wish them all the best for the future.

Surprised Ceballos has gone...maybe he didn't want to sign a new contract.

Farewell to "The Bong" though. Cult hero :)

I think it says a lot about our youth/young keepers... Another two so-called promising lads not cutting it. We had one that looked good not so long ago (Jensen??)

When your youth lad cannot get passed a 43 year old veteran - then you have issues...

How do we address this problem?

Seems like this has become the default thread for the U21 lads so I guess I'll post in here.

Pritchard was probably our most influential player out there for the first 20 minutes before Southgate switched him to the other flank. 10 minutes later and he was back on the left and causing problems. Not Englands best player over the course of the half but probably one of the top three.

Carroll is part of a fluid midfield three and has played some beautiful passes through the opposition. Cannot understand how Dier hasn't been included in the side as a CB, he would have been brilliant back there.

As a side note, I'm so glad Phil Neville has nothing to do with the coaching setup. He's talking about how we should oplay a front three of Ings, Kane and Berahino and is loved up with Lingard.

Last edited:
I think it says a lot about our youth/young keepers... Another two so-called promising lads not cutting it. We had one that looked good not so long ago (Jensen??)

When your youth lad cannot get passed a 43 year old veteran - then you have issues...

How do we address this problem?

I'm not sure there is a real urgent need to address it. Even the top academies around Europe only very occasionally produce quality goalkeepers. Seems a very difficult position to produce quality in, partly as a result of the problems with giving an up and coming goalkeeper playing time. As a quick example I don't think United produced a single really good goalkeeper in all the years under Ferguson...

At the same time "decent" backup goalkeepers are cheap, and even very good goalkeepers cost a lot less than very good strikers/goal scorers. Talented young keepers can be found and brought in at a reasonable cost if the timing is right to do so from a squad management perspective.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't try. If we could produce a Casillas type home grown goalkeeper of course that would be fantastic. But I think we should recognize that as a very rare occurrence and not make it a big focus. At least imo.

Marcus Edwards has removed Tottenham Hotspur from his Twitter bio..

Here we go.

Was rumoured to have caught the eye of Barcelona a couple of weeks back.

I guess he is not in any way under contract at Spurs and can talk freely to other clubs.

Would be very disappointing to lose him, since he is so highly regarded.

Was rumoured to have caught the eye of Barcelona a couple of weeks back.

I guess he is not in any way under contract at Spurs and can talk freely to other clubs.

Would be very disappointing to lose him, since he is so highly regarded.

It would be a crying shame, but hey, I have no doubt that we're probably trying to tie him down as best we can: and if the promise of a relatively quick transition to first-team football under Poch, a no doubt decent contract, and the prospect of staying in England working under some undoubtedly experienced and talented youth coaches fails to keep him around at what is for all its faults the 6th best/wealthiest/most prestigious club in the country......then perhaps we had little real chance of keeping him around long-term anyway.

If he stays, brilliant. If he goes, a shame, but I doubt the club could have done much more given that they clearly do recognise his talent and potential. Either way, the very best of luck to him.

This type of thing hurts more than losing someone like Berba or Carrick. At the same time, if Barca are the club then he needs to think hard about it. Since the days under Pep and the team filled with La Masia graduates, they have slowly turned into a club that buys world class talent. Young players like Bartra (not so young anymore) haven't had a look in, whilst experienced players have been bought. Suarez, Rakitic, Neymar, Mathieu, Alba, Vidal and Vermaelen over the last 2-3 years is a change in policy.

If I took my Spurs tinted glasses off for a moment and looked at it logically I could see the appeal. However looking deeper and I have to say that his best chance of developing is to remain at a club like us, where he will get the minutes at a younger age. In reality there aren't a great deal of youngsters getting the minutes at the top clubs in Europe, they can't afford to risk it, whereas the only chance clubs like us have to get better is to take a risk and give the youngsters time.

Back