• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2014-2015

I'd quite happily throw him into the league squad and have him coming on in matches for the final 15-20 minutes to start with. As the season progresses he will have that experience alongside starts in the cups and then we may see him getting league starts.

Worth an extra post. Onomah, Amos and Walker-Peters all played for England U18's on the weekend in a game that saw them beat Switzerland U18's 6-1. Onomah and Amos both grabbed an assist.

Pritchard getting a heap of praise tonight after the Brentford game where they beat Fulham 4-1. He gets an assist for the first goal although that was nothing more than a square pass to a player on the edge of the box who then scored from there. Anyways, a lot of people singing his praises and how he was at the heart of everything. Perhaps he's taken some confidence from the U21 game where his introduction really had an impact.

Poch was there too, presumably assessing how he can contribute to our game next year.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015...twitter-to-alex-pritchards-stellar-performan/
http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/...alex-pritchard-igor-akinfeev-david-cotterill/

There are plenty of perfectly plausible explanations why he was substituted so early, no need to list them all, but one just might be that Poch had something to do with it. Like negotiating an early recall to give him an outing at WHL before the end of the season?

I cannot wait to have Pritchard in and around the squad next year. He will bring genuine excitement. What a talent.

There are plenty of perfectly plausible explanations why he was substituted so early, no need to list them all, but one just might be that Poch had something to do with it. Like negotiating an early recall to give him an outing at WHL before the end of the season?

impossible imo.....Brentford need him, they are going all out for promotion to the PL.

impossible imo.....Brentford need him, they are going all out for promotion to the PL.
Yes I can see that. Still tickles that Poch should be there on a day when a Spurs loanee that everyone is raving about happens to get pulled off very early in a game he's performing well in.

Chelsea v Spurs U21s on BT Sport at the moment, in case anyone's interested. Yedlin playing RB.

Edit: Finished 0-0. Lots of huff and puff from both sides, but little end-product. Chelsea on top in the first half; Spurs dominant in the second. The only real highlight an excellent double-save by Lloris mini-me, Luke McGee in the third minute of time added on.

Last edited:
U21's:

---------------McGee------------------
Yedlin-----CCV----Lesniak--McQueen
------------Winks--Amos--------------
Ceballos-------Miller-----------McEvoy
-------------Akindayini----------------

Just finished watching the U21 game and it was quite a decent one despite finishing 0-0. I think we setup in a 433/4231 with Winks as the deep midfielder alongside Amos, but he got forward so often it was hard to tell. Chelsea started the first half very strongly and dominated for a lot of the first 20 minutes, we then came back into it but didn't really dominate the ball like Chelsea had. I thought in that half that the Chelsea lads looked physically stronger and were first to win the ball at the breakdown. Our midfield really did struggle to cope with it and there were some moments where I thought the Chelsea players committed fouls, but the ref did let a lot of that sort of thing go. Chelsea worked the ball well off of their front man/men with runners moving to receive the ball when it was layed back. We really struggled to cope with those runners and the fullbacks and midfield were coming up short again and again. They got behind us on a couple of occasion's and should've had a goal or two. We did create a couple of clear cut chances both falling to Akindayini, the second of which brought a good save from the keeper, with Yedlin pulling the rebound.

The second half was a massive improvement. We were arguably the stronger side, though we didn't create that much in the way of clear cut chances, we started to dominate possession and it was Chelsea who were having to sit deep. Ceballos and McEvoy swapped flanks, but whilst McEvoy stayed wide, Ceballos came very narrow and his interplay with Winks and Miller was crisp and sharp. It was when those three got together that we played our best football and McQueen was supplying a lot of the width down the left. The game almost ended with a goal for Chelsea though with McGee pulling off a world class double save. Chelsea whipped a ball into the box from their right side and their forward got a nice contact with his head which sent it across McGee. He wasn't quite at full stretch but it was a good save in itself, what was better though was the speed he got up in to stop the rebound which he pushed out for a corner.

Q&A

Spurs MotM: For me it was Winks. The lad was consistently aware of everyone around him and never wasted a touch. It's hard to explain without seeing it, but it's like he almost knows the exact layout of the opposition and with one pass puts a team mate through into a space. There were times in the second half where he would just flick the ball around the corner and take out a couple of players. He wasn't afraid to do the defensive work either.

Yedlin: Performed well. He put in some decent crosses in the first half that really deserved a finish or at least a goal attempt, but we rarely had anyone else in the box other than Akindayini. In the second half I felt he was hampered by McEvoy who held the width and often ran straight into the space that Yedlin was heading into. Defensively he's still raw. His starting position is usually good, but what's better is his ability to intercept a pass. His pace does play a part in this, but that's not the only reason he manages it. There were times when he was caught out, but for the most part he was solid.

Playing one upfront on his own is killing football.

I think this is what United does so well (especially in their last few games). They always seem to have a man advantage in the box when attacking or at least have 1v1 situations. They're never short on options in the box and just by sheer numbers get a lot of goals off deflections or even simple crosses that are knocked down by defenders.

For me there's no reason why our 2 wing players shouldn't be getting in the box more often. I'd like to see them just off the corner of either side of the box, constantly threatening defenders with runs in behind.

For me there's no reason why our 2 wing players shouldn't be getting in the box more often. I'd like to see them just off the corner of either side of the box, constantly threatening defenders with runs in behind.

Only reason is that they're not good enough (and by 'they' I mean Townsend, Lamela and currently Chadli). People mention defence as being our weak-spot however if you ask me we've only had two players (Kane and Eriksen) who've contribued regularly from an attacking perspective this year and have carried the team in that regard

Playing one upfront on his own is killing football.

i said this when one up front became fashionable. I detest it tbh, there are very few chances created, a lack of action in the penalty box, attacking players dont commit themselves to get forward into dangerous areas.

There was nothing better in football than seeing a strike partnership develop and flourish.

i said this when one up front became fashionable. I detest it tbh, there are very few chances created, a lack of action in the penalty box, attacking players dont commit themselves to get forward into dangerous areas.

There was nothing better in football than seeing a strike partnership develop and flourish.

Barca, Chelsea, Madrid, Bayern all play with 1 up top and they are the best teams in the world currently.

Barca, Chelsea, Madrid, Bayern all play with 1 up top and they are the best teams in the world currently.

well it helps when you have Messi, Neymar and Suarez up front with Iniesta supplying, or you have Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale with Rodriguez and Modric backing you up

yes, the very elite, the top 5%, can prosper with this method of playing because they can fill their forward lines with world class players. However, the 95% of other teams cannot do that and they end up playing a lone forward without the firepower around him to supplement the goals exciting attacking play.

well it helps when you have Messi, Neymar and Suarez up front with Iniesta supplying, or you have Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale with Rodriguez and Modric backing you up

yes, the very elite, the top 5%, can prosper with this method of playing because they can fill their forward lines with world class players. However, the 95% of other teams cannot do that and they end up playing a lone forward without the firepower around him to supplement the goals exciting attacking play.

I think 4231/one up top has become a bit of a spacegoat of late when the problem is players not performing well enough. Last time we finished 4th we played with one forward and our best ever points total in the league came with a 4231. Play with two up front with this set of players and i can't see how we'd have done any better tbh Kane and Soldado? Eriksen in CM without a proper DM next to him? Townsend starting every game? Lennon on the right i guess? We'd probably be fumbling around mid table with that kind of line up.

Back