• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

We need some signings!

And to get shot of some deadwood.

The more of the players who we can flog who either arent good enough or have given up the better - makes the ratio of players willing to try, to those who cant or wont, higher so in theory should help.

I'd actively look to sell Aurier, KWP, Rose and Wanyama, and accepts reasonable offers for any of Dier, Vertonghten (unlikely!), Lamela, Sissoko, Winks, Toby, Lloris and Gazzaniga. Admittedly getting offers for most of those are probably unlikely for various reasons

Last edited:
And to get shot of some deadwood.

The more of the players who we can flog who either arent good enough or have given up the better - makes the ratio of players willing to try, to those who cant or wont, higher so in theory should help.

I'd actively look to sell Aurier, KWP, Rose and Wanyama, and accepts reasonable offers for any of Dier, Vertonghten (unlikely!), Lamela, Sissoko, Winks, Toby, Lloris and Gazzaniga. Admittedly getting offers for most of those are probably unlikely for various reasons

I think that a rebuild on that scale is impossible in January and unlikely to succeed at any time.

I think that we need to be methodical and focus on signing quality players where we are weakest. Once we have a more balanced team, we will be in a better position to judge the quality of the rest of the squad.

I think that a rebuild on that scale is impossible in January and unlikely to succeed at any time.

I think that we need to be methodical and focus on signing quality players where we are weakest. Once we have a more balanced team, we will be in a better position to judge the quality of the rest of the squad.
The best we can hope for in Jan is a RB and DCM.

Even that will be difficult.

Unless the Mendes stable can supply.

I dont think I mentioned January. However in a hypothetical world where we got offers for Wanyama, KWP and Rose in Jan we'd be in no weaker a position (squad-wise) than today as they never play, whilst actively looking to get rid of Aurier and sign a replacement should be a priority

With the massive caveat of this just being a press article, plus with it being from the Express, would be highly concerning if we thought a 21 yr old English CF with some goals in the Championship should be able to be signed for less than £20m! Not that I've seen him play, but QPR might be thinking that if he performs for another 12 months, then his value is £50m+

I dont think I mentioned January. However in a hypothetical world where we got offers for Wanyama, KWP and Rose in Jan we'd be in no weaker a position (squad-wise) than today as they never play, whilst actively looking to get rid of Aurier and sign a replacement should be a priority

I agree on the players that we need to move out. The only one that would require a direct replacement is Aurier. I am just not in such a hurry to replace the rest of the team and would prefer a more measured approach.

Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea are all reportedly interested in signing Everton right-back Jonjoe Kenny, according to a report from the Daily Mail.

The 22-year-old has not featured for the Toffees this term after joining Schalke on loan in the summer. He has started 17 times in the Bundesliga this season, scoring once and providing two assists.

It seems fair to say that his stock has definitely risen during his time in Germany. And it appears that he now has a host of admirers taking note of his progress.

The Daily Mail suggests that the Gunners, Spurs and Chelsea are all keen on the former England under-21 starlet.

TBR View – Spurs need Kenny more than Arsenal right now
After the events of New Year’s Day, it seems fair to suggest that Tottenham potentially need Kenny more than their North London rivals.

Serge Aurier was poor against Southampton. The Ivorian has shown that he is capable of colossal performances, but there seems to be little consistency and his off days can be spectacular.

Meanwhile, Arsenal fans were raving about Ainsley Maitland-Niles’s display against Manchester United. It remains to be seen whether he can keep his current form going. But with Hector Bellerin also in the ranks, Mikel Arteta may feel that a new signing is not important.

Right-back is definitely an issue that Spurs need to address. Arsenal may be a litte more confident in what they already have.

https://tbrfootball.com/report-arsenal-and-spurs-want-evertons-jonjoe-kenny/

Tottenham chiefs scared off transfer deal as £20m fee quoted for January switch
Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho may do his first piece of business for the club in January.
By MATT PENN
PUBLISHED: 10:49, Wed, Jan 1, 2020 | UPDATED: 12:15, Wed, Jan 1, 2020

Tottenham are interested in signing QPR attacking midfielder Eberechi Eze, but they’ve been put off by the £20million price tag being quoted by the west London club. Jose Mourinho will be aiming to make his first signing for the club over the coming weeks

Eze had scored nine times this season in 25 matches, while he’s also recorded four assists in that time.

Tottenham are keen on the former Rangers midfielder, who can play in the No 10 role and as a No 8.

But Spurs have been put off by the price being quotes by QPR, who are 15th in the Championship.

According to The Athletic, QPR want around £20m for the 21-year-old.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...efs-January-window-Jose-Mourinho-Eberechi-Eze

Inter Milan have joined the race to sign Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen. The 27-year-old is out of contract in the summer and is also a target for Manchester United, Paris St-Germain and Juventus. (Mail)

Manchester United and Tottenham are expected to face stern competition for Lille's French midfielder Boubakary Soumare, with six bids reportedly already received for the 20-year-old. (Mail)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...r-notebook-napoli-ajax-ready-move-tottenhams/

Napoli and Ajax are ready to move for Jan Vertonghen and tempt Tottenham into selling the Belgium centre-back before losing him on a free transfer in the summer.

The 32-year-old’s deal at Spurs expires in the summer and he can now talk to foreign clubs about a pre-contract for next season.

But Napoli are prepared to bring him to Italy in the current January window, after failing with an approach last summer.

Gennaro Gattuso wants a centre-back for the second half of the campaign as he looks to climb the Serie A table following the dismissal of Carlo Ancelotti.

Ajax are also interested in re-signing Vertonghen seven years after selling him to Spurs in a £12million deal.

Vertonghen was a youth-team player at Ajax after starting out in Belgium, with his former club assessing their options at centre-back as Daley Blind has been diagnosed with a heart condition.

Vertonghen has been operating at both left-back and centre-back under Jose Mourinho and has been firmly in the Spurs manager’s plans but there has been no breakthrough on contract talks.

Mourinho is looking for defensive cover in the window, regardless of Vertonghen’s future, and also wants back-up for Harry Kane in attack.

Tottenham lead January transfer chase for West Brom whizkid Nathan Ferguson
Nathan Ferguson has emerged as the latest young star from West Brom's academy, but is still to sign a new contract amid Premier League interest

Tottenham are leading the chase for West Brom youngster Nathan Ferguson, with the Baggies potentially set to be forced to cash in on a player also eyed by Crystal Palace this month.

The 19 year-old has made a major impression at the Hawthorns this term, starring for Slaven Bilic’s promotion hopefuls.

Ferguson has made 20 appearances so far in the Championship, having been pushed into the first-team following Bilic’s arrival last summer.

The Croatian switched Ferguson to right back, and the Birmingham-born teenager has emerged as a key figure for the Baggies.

However, his contract expires in the summer, and despite being offered a new five-year deal, is still yet to put pen-to-paper.

Scouts from Premier League clubs and members of Europe’s elite have been monitoring his progress.

Tottenham have been keeping tabs on Ferguson, making a number of checks on his progress throughout the season so far and are in the market for full-backs.

Crystal Palace are themselves still looking for a long-term replacement for Aaron Wan-Bissaka while AC Milan scouts were in attendance in the West Midlands for a Championship fixture last month too.

Albion’s hand has been severely weakened with Ferguson now eligible to sign a pre-contract agreement with an overseas club ahead of the summer.

Should that happen West Brom will once more find themselves out of pocket, with FIFA rules stating that they would be entitled to no more than £300,000.

Sporting director Luke Dowling admitted over the weekend that West Brom want ‘clarity’ over his future.

"We will be looking for clarity from Nathan Ferguson and his advisor about whether or not he wants to stay with us." Dowling said.

"All I can say at this stage is that I am confident we can find the terms that would make sense to Nathan at his stage of his career - and that we all believe that his pathway at Albion remains the most advantageous to him."

Norwich City and West Ham United are both interested in Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Victor Wanyama this month, according to a report from the Daily Mail.

It would be little surprise to see Wanyama on the move during the January transfer window. The Kenya international has barely played for Spurs this season, and has only featured for a handful of minutes under Jose Mourinho.

Despite his struggles, there does not appear to be a shortage of admirers. The Daily Mail suggests that both Norwich and the Hammers have the 28-year-old on their radar.

It is going to be a crucial month for both clubs. Daniel Farke’s men are bottom of the table and need a miraculous turnaround to get themselves out of trouble.

Meanwhile, the second David Moyes era began with a 4-0 win for West Ham on New Year’s Day. Nevertheless, they remain in a precarious situation with the win lifting the Irons out of the bottom three.

Signing Wanyama would arguably be a huge roll of the dice from both clubs. He has struggled to stave off injuries in recent years. And the fans of both sides would be forgiven for feeling that his lack of game-time is a serious warning sign.

But he is a player who has boasted enormous quality in the past. The former Southampton man was a key component of Mauricio Pochettino’s side when they finished second in the Premier League.

However, there have to be big question marks surrounding whether he can rediscover that kind of form again.

But perhaps, Norwich and West Ham may decide that it is a gamble worth taking.

According to Italian transfer expert Fabrizio Romano (via Calcio Mercato), Tottenham Hotspur boss Jose Mourinho has agreed to let Christian Eriksen leave for Inter Milan this month if the Serie A outfit are willing to part with £17 million for his signature.

Exclusive: The truth about Inter-Eriksen and Tottenham's choice; the latest [@FabrizioRomano] https://t.co/jITuFyHUQr pic.twitter.com/XGj5dbvhCW

— CalcioMercato (En) (@CmdotCom_En) January 2, 2020

The Denmark international will become a free agent at the end of the campaign, and the Portuguese is willing to let him leave for the San Siro as that will allow Spurs to cash in on him and immediately reinvest the money in the transfer market.

Eriksen has already informed Tottenham that he wants to leave in January in case the right offer arrives, but Inter will prefer to wait till June.

However, they are aware that competition for his signature will be fierce by then, with the likes of Manchester United and Real Madrid also monitoring the situation.

Inter have already made direct contacts with the agents of the Spurs star in recent weeks, and are still very much in touch with them.

Mourinho would love to have Eriksen at North London beyond this summer after convincing Toby Alderweireld to put pen to paper on a new deal, but the Dane appears to have made up his mind.

Come on, sign some one already. I want 3 out and 3 in by the end of today.
And none of this decent prospect rubbish, I want proper stars to walk straight into our starting 11.

giphy.gif

Back