• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

You claimed we are good. Son, Alli can play upfront. I say they cant and Levys negligence costs us top 4. Let's see who's is right

I said that signing any striker isn't necessarily better than what we have. We could easily not finish top four, as we could if we spunk £30m on a player who we don't want long term.

There we go, I knew you could make a reasoned point, your previous attempt was a bit... well, pathetic.
We have all the pieces to grab a top four place except a DM and Striker. It is these small margins that matter. At DM at least we have Dier or Winks can have a go. We've got no one who can play up top. Having a punt on someone, even if we have to pay over the odds, makes sense. Not doing so is negligent. Only one man is responsible for that now

So when a top 3 striker in the world was playing we were poor. Your new man (top 100 striker) can get us to top 4?

The forward line isn't broke. It is the supply that is broke BUT there are signs this could be getting better. There is evidence (not hope) that Son,Moura,Dele have done a successful job of covering Kanes absence before, play to there strengths and they can again.

I said that signing any striker isn't necessarily better than what we have. We could easily not finish top four, as we could if we spunk £30m on a player who we don't want long term.
Not to have a backup striker was negligent at the start of the season, anyone that knows anything about football could see this. Not signing one now should be a sackable offence. We might not get top four with a new striker, but at least we would have tried. We just made 450mil. We could take 60k a week of a squad player not playing if it didnt work out. Let's see what happens to us when we dont get in the Champions League. You dont have to look very far away to see a good example

Not to have a backup striker was negligent at the start of the season, anyone that knows anything about football could see this. Not signing one now should be a sackable offence. We might not get top four with a new striker, but at least we would have tried. We just made 450mil. We could take 60k a week of a squad player not playing if it didnt work out. Let's see what happens to us when we dont get in the Champions League. You dont have to look very far away to see a good example

Starting the season without a second striker is the issue, not the non signing this window.

Or the full quote

i.e. get the right striker, not any striker

Yes, and its not easy. The positive thing for me is that if you accept that from last summer we needed to rebuild / refresh the squad, we've made 6 signings since them, 5 of whom are in/around the first 11: GLC, Ndombele, Sessegnon, Gedson, Bergwijn, Clarke. They're all young and should be hungry. Its difficult to expect more than 6 signings over 2 windows. You could criticise and say that there's no CF in there (and having released Llorente that does look like a mistake) or equally say that there isnt much defensive strength from that group but 6 signings over 2 windows is a decent rate, and there's some real talent amongst that group too. If we can find another 3 players for the summer window then hopefully next season will be far better than this one

Mate, you really need to work on your tone, you come off as a petulant child. Let me ignore that and try to answer you

- In summer Poch didn't want a striker, he wanted Sessegnon, Lo Celso, N'dombele and Fernandes (Dybala was purely opportunistic), he got all except Fernandes.
- Poch compounded that by not keeping Llorente
- Any backup striker will always be sub par as everyone knows Kane is and will be #1 until he leaves Spurs, so no striker anywhere near their prime is interested
- Chelsea, United and Barca are struggling to get a decent striker who they can offer stupid wages to and almost guaranteed starting spot, but you think it's easy?

I'd argue the striker would have gone a long way, but a clear backup plan is putting Son center and SB in Son's role ..

Mate, you really need to work on your tone, you come off as a petulant child. Let me ignore that and try to answer you

- In summer Poch didn't want a striker, he wanted Sessegnon, Lo Celso, N'dombele and Fernandes (Dybala was purely opportunistic), he got all except Fernandes.
- Poch compounded that by not keeping Llorente
- Any backup striker will always be sub par as everyone knows Kane is and will be #1 until he leaves Spurs, so no striker anywhere near their prime is interested
- Chelsea, United and Barca are struggling to get a decent striker who they can offer stupid wages to and almost guaranteed starting spot, but you think it's easy?

I'd argue the striker would have gone a long way, but a clear backup plan is putting Son center and SB in Son's role ..

I hope the bolder point changes under Jose as we can’t keep flogging Kane (could already be too late) we look at changing tactics.

Interesting Janssen actually played close to 40 games in his first season at Spurs and he was trash - imagine how many games a good one should have.

That would be a good deal for him, assuming he plays. Mourinho doesnt seem to want to play him - better that he gets away, gets some games and then see where things stand in teh summer.

Personally I think he's got a huge amount of potential, despite some of the errors in his early games, so I hope they dont have an option to buy him

That would be a good deal for him, assuming he plays. Mourinho doesnt seem to want to play him - better that he gets away, gets some games and then see where things stand in teh summer.

Personally I think he's got a huge amount of potential, despite some of the errors in his early games, so I hope they dont have an option to buy him

Think that’s the end for him, if we had any want to keep him in the future plans we would have been looking at a UK loan - even the champ to beef up.

He’s far to rash at the moment diving in and making the wrong choices

Back