• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

So we are down to a deadline day loan for Giroud, Benteke, Balotelli, Adebayor, Demba Ba and GHod knows who else!

On the one hand we have got a couple in and shifted a few out.. but on the other hand we havent as yet found a DM or a Semi-decent Striker we have been crying out for.
I dont know whether to just be happy we actually got some potentially great signings in or tinkled off that we could end up with Balotelli!
What a window

So we are down to a deadline day loan for Giroud, Benteke, Balotelli, Adebayor, Demba Ba and GHod knows who else!

On the one hand we have got a couple in and shifted a few out.. but on the other hand we havent as yet found a DM or a Semi-decent Striker we have been crying out for.
I dont know whether to just be happy we actually got some potentially great signings in or tinkled off that we could end up with Balotelli!
What a window

I’m pretty much in the same place. Not a bad window. But then not filled the holes this squad has. Full backs as well we look weak

Do people here think we scout the Championship and lower leagues effectively? I always get the feeling there are potential bargains to be had - but the wealthier clubs seem fixated on expensive overseas players.
No
Otherwise we would be over Bowen
We need a striker and this lad can play there amongst other positions
We would make any fee back by selling him on if he fails as he is English and that’s gonna have more and more of a premium

Considering Jan is traditionally a hard window to do any business in I think we have done really well.

The other positions, except maybe the backup striker, can wait until the summer when we can hopefully bring in targeted players and not just opportunistic ones.

Some eyeteekay just said we have 3 options left... Llorente, Balotelli or Giroud. Guess we'll find out tomorrow

How about we spend decent and go for Moussa Dembélé at Lyon? Popular name here, and the £48m or so it would cost would be a lovely lesson to Levy to not fudge around when you’ve got them for £2m.

Failing that, there must be some decent young strikers in Europe who we could grab - like the Bergwijn deal but for a CF.

Back