• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

the Tim Sherwood man love thread

I can't see Rodgers' being willing to go to Villa or Lerner being willing to give him the kind of transfer kitty that he would want.

" Both Emmanuel Adebayor and Christian Benteke flourished under Sherwood’s tutelage, admittedly via some relatively basic psychology which appeared to consist of him telling both men they were great. Again, simple it might be, but it worked. Maybe he should sack the managerial thing off, and simply operate as some sort of freelance striker whisperer, " :D

is he a "Good Football Man" Andy?

I can't believe the rubbish he gets from people. Years of rumours have clearly clouded people's judgments.

Let's be very clear - he:
a. Got Adebayor playing very, very well - clearly, not an easy task;
b. Realised Paulinho, Capoue and Dembele weren't very good - it took a lot of people here time to realise that;
c. Had the confidence to play Bentaleb ahead of the big money midfield signings - none of us had even heard of him;
d. Realised Soldado was terrible - some people here are still yet to wake up to this;
e. Signed NO players - how many managers would get success with that constraint?

The man knows a good player from a bad player, genuinely enjoys working with youngsters, has always stated that he wants long term success; and was trusted by lauded intellect Levy in numerous roles. The idea that he's a low budget Redknapp is entirely unfounded. He's the antithesis of the boom and bust approach. Levy is no idiot, and if he thought Sherwood was worthwhile keeping around, in an increasingly important position, it's likely Sherwood's offering something.

At Villa, he's lost his three best players - Vlaar, Delph and Benteke - and is being judged after 8 games, having kept them up from relegation. It's ridiculous.

I can't believe the rubbish he gets from people. Years of rumours have clearly clouded people's judgments.

Let's be very clear - he:
a. Got Adebayor playing very, very well - clearly, not an easy task;
b. Realised Paulinho, Capoue and Dembele weren't very good - it took a lot of people here time to realise that;
c. Had the confidence to play Bentaleb ahead of the big money midfield signings - none of us had even heard of him;
d. Realised Soldado was terrible - some people here are still yet to wake up to this;
e. Signed NO players - how many managers would get success with that constraint?

The man knows a good player from a bad player, genuinely enjoys working with youngsters, has always stated that he wants long term success; and was trusted by lauded intellect Levy in numerous roles. The idea that he's a low budget Redknapp is entirely unfounded. He's the antithesis of the boom and bust approach. Levy is no idiot, and if he thought Sherwood was worthwhile keeping around, in an increasingly important position, it's likely Sherwood's offering something.

At Villa, he's lost his three best players - Vlaar, Delph and Benteke - and is being judged after 8 games, having kept them up from relegation. It's ridiculous.

Hi Tim, good luck against chelsea :D

Is some of the criticism OTT, yes. But so is the defence you are building there lugash.
If Ade was so good during tims spell then why has no club snapped him? The rest are all bad players then why did clubs snap them up instead?
We do owe Tim a vote of thanks for Bentaleb, but as I remember it he wasn't in front if anyone else, he was the only one available because of injuries and suspensions. Could be wrong on that one, and if I am them I'm sure someone will correct me.
There's little to say DL trusted him long term.
I do agree he's not like Harry, when Tim has his media moments it's anger and frustration, I always felt Harry was just snide, before, during and after his time at The Lane.

Is some of the criticism OTT, yes. But so is the defence you are building there lugash.
If Ade was so good during tims spell then why has no club snapped him? The rest are all bad players then why did clubs snap them up instead?

Because he has mental issues and is prone to unreliability? Surely Sherwood, therefore, should be praised for Adebayor's quite brilliant form?

We do owe Tim a vote of thanks for Bentaleb, but as I remember it he wasn't in front if anyone else, he was the only one available because of injuries and suspensions. Could be wrong on that one, and if I am them I'm sure someone will correct me.

Holtby and Capoue were on the bench and had played some part in a reserve game that week - would another manager have rather played 75% fit 'established' players or thrown in an 'untested'' youngster?

There's little to say DL trusted him long term.

In 2008 he was appointed Assistant Coach; in 2012 he was appointed Technical Director; in 2013 he was appointed Manager/Head Coach. I think it's fair to assume Levy had some trust in his abilities and valued him somewhat.

I do agree he's not like Harry, when Tim has his media moments it's anger and frustration, I always felt Harry was just snide, before, during and after his time at The Lane.

More than that - it's the differing approaches to youth, as well as their general attitude - I think Redknapp masks things whereas Sherwood is much more blunt.

I don't think he will be replaced before they play us. They need to pay him a hefty compensation, and Timmeh looks to be Fox's man (Villa CEO).
They didnt play bad yesterday, but Guzan had a brain fart when Costa scored 1-0. In the second half they wasnt even close to give Chelsea a problem.
Swansea the coming weekend will be a very important and huge test for them - and for Sherwood.

Back