• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

the Tim Sherwood man love thread

In your eyes maybe but to others its a trophy to be one which beats the crud out of finishing among the runners up ( top four).

Here's a question for you, if the results go against us this Saturday and the only way we can be in the EL next season is the Arse beating Villa who would you want to win the final?

Villa. Some really want to do well in it and I wouldn't try to persuade them I can certainly see the argument, but I genuinely believe we're not much better off being in the EL, it hasn't helped the club grow in stature or attract better players and winners like the CL did in Gallas and VDV. We've not come close to winning the EL in 20 years, I really would like to see us go for the FA Cup, I don't think it's a coincidence that we've gone far in it recently when we've been out of Europe.

I'm not against winning things, I wouldn't be happy with CL football but no trophies for a decade, the but the competition undoubtedly helps you attract better players, even if you have no chance of winning it like Arsenal for example.

Villa. Some really want to do well in it and I wouldn't try to persuade them I can certainly see the argument, but I genuinely believe we're not much better off being in the EL, it hasn't helped the club grow in stature or attract better players and winners like the CL did in Gallas and VDV. We've not come close to winning the EL in 20 years, I really would like to see us go for the FA Cup, I don't think it's a coincidence that we've gone far in it recently when we've been out of Europe.

I'm not against winning things, I wouldn't be happy with CL football but no trophies for a decade, the but the competition undoubtedly helps you attract better players, even if you have no chance of winning it like Arsenal for example.

That sums it up for me, you would rather see us miss out trying to win a trophy then see the Arse win. It all about opinions but that to me stinks and I will never understand how that is supporting a team.

That sums it up for me, you would rather see us miss out trying to win a trophy then see the Arse win. It all about opinions but that to me stinks and I will never understand how that is supporting a team.

Because it's not the only trophy up for grabs. No one was more disappointed than me when we fecked up big style by losing at home to Leicester in the FA Cup, the team that beat them in the next round are now in the final. I'm not going to be gutted if we get to play EL football, but to me, it's enough of a reward for seeing those scumbags winning back to back FA Cups.

Because it's not the only trophy up for grabs. No one was more disappointed than me when we fecked up big style by losing at home to Leicester in the FA Cup, the team that beat them in the next round are now in the final. I'm not going to be gutted if we get to play EL football, but to me, it's enough of a reward for seeing those scumbags winning back to back FA Cups.

Seems to me you are concerned more about the Arse winning then Spurs getting a crack at another trophy. Sorry mate that is poor form and one of the things I hate about football today.

You can wrap it up with all the excuses you want but wanting Arse to lose over Spurs progressing is just wrong ( imo).

Seems to me you are concerned more about the Arse winning then Spurs getting a crack at another trophy. Sorry mate that is poor form and one of the things I hate about football today.

I would absolutely take Arsenal winning it if it meant we got to play in the CL. I've explained my reasons as to why I'm not overly bothered about the EL, I ultimately don't think we have much chance of winning it, and the CL would help us attract better players, raise the profile of the club etc. I've read the other thread where you debunked the travel/miles myth which I fully agree with, but I do think there is something in the players having to play on Sundays rather than Saturdays, it takes players out of their rhythm, sure it was Eriksen who said something along these lines? Sadly, the Premier League does absolutely nothing to help English teams in the EL like La Liga does for example.

I would absolutely take Arsenal winning it if it meant we got to play in the CL. I've explained my reasons as to why I'm not overly bothered about the EL, I ultimately don't think we have much chance of winning it, and the CL would help us attract better players, raise the profile of the club etc. I've read the other thread where you debunked the travel/miles myth which I fully agree with, but I do think there is something in the players having to play on Sundays rather than Saturdays, it takes players out of their rhythm, sure it was Eriksen who said something along these lines? Sadly, the Premier League does absolutely nothing to help English teams in the EL like La Liga does for example.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

it's only the FA Cup, I'd forgotten they won it last year as well, not a fudging clue who won it the year before

the EL is a much bigger trophy imo, we've missed CL again, not being at least in the EL would be disappointing and dare I say it, embarrassing

Let's be clear that as the season has unfolded we should not be relying on ANYONE BUT OURSELVES to secure EL football for next season. The fact that we are having to think about such reliance is a measure of how tinkle-poor we've been since March. 6th place should have been a given from March imo.

Priority of 'reliance':

1 - Ourselves: we beat Everton on Sunday we make EL regardless of results elsewhere
2 - Emirates Marketing Project: if they beat Southampton on Sunday then we will finish 6th even if we play our recent brick way vs Everton and lose 3-0
3 - WHam or other teams getting a load of red cards this Sunday so we qualify based on fair play rules
4 - The really REALLY brick option of Le Scum winning a second consecutive FA CUP :(:mad:; note: this option wouldn't be so brick if it was to qualify for CL. I would go one year without EL if we were in this scenario if it meant Villa winning the FA Cup instead of them (we can qualify next year, just like a year out of CL wont kill us, neither will a year out of EL)

it's only the FA Cup, I'd forgotten they won it last year as well, not a fudgeing clue who won it the year before

the EL is a much bigger trophy imo, we've missed CL again, not being at least in the EL would be disappointing and dare I say it, embarrassing

It's a cup we've won 8 times and is still the biggest domestic cup in the country. It's more winnable than the purgatory league.

I agree with Jurgen. Anyhow, we wouldn't be missing out on us 'trying to win' a trophy. We'd be missing out on watching our third team taking on Scandinavian minows and having to put up with c**p Sunday matches with terrible atmosphere every week.

It's a cup we've won 8 times and is still the biggest domestic cup in the country. It's more winnable than the purgatory league.

Yeah, but the purgatory league has a decent prize at the end of it, I'm sure I'm in the minority here so it's not the counter point in an argument, just stating my opinion, it's all about the European Cup for me, I favour the league cup over the FA cup now as its over quicker and gets out of the way of the end of season run in.

The FA cup is almost a nothing trophy now. Winning the EL would actually register with people who don't follow English football.

You can wrap it up with all the excuses you want but wanting Arse to lose over Spurs progressing is just wrong ( imo).

Eh? I don't know any old school Spurs fan who want Arsenal to win the FA Cup so we can sneak into the Europa League.

We should just aim to finish as high as we can and we get what we get. But phuck Arsenal winning anything, ever.

Eh? I don't know any old school Spurs fan who want Arsenal to win the FA Cup so we can sneak into the Europa League.

We should just aim to finish as high as we can and we get what we get. But phuck Arsenal winning anything, ever.

Really??? or are you just talking about you. I know lots of Spurs fans who care more about what we do rather then fixate on what the Arse do.

I agree with Jurgen. Anyhow, we wouldn't be missing out on us 'trying to win' a trophy. We'd be missing out on watching our third team taking on Scandinavian minows and having to put up with c**p Sunday matches with terrible atmosphere every week.

I go to all the home games and the atmosphere is no better or worse then any game. Not sure where you sit though to hear this so called terrible atmosphere.:rolleyes:

Really??? or are you just talking about you. I know lots of Spurs fans who care more about what we do rather then fixate on what the Arse do.

I know of a few "old school", by which I'm assuming it's meant have been going for years, who would do spurs one week and the goons the next

I know of a few "old school", by which I'm assuming it's meant have been going for years, who would do spurs one week and the goons the next

You are going back a long time by referring to that, probably 30 years at least. The game has moved on, I don't know supporters of either club who go to watch both regularly now.

It's not fixating, we're saying that the EL is not enough of a carrot to justify wanting Arsenal to win another trophy which we haven't won in 20 years and used to be the most successful side in that same competition. I remember when we were going for 4th during Redknapp's second season and Arsenal clawed their way back into the title race, I was asked if I would accept them winning the title if it meant us qualifying for the CL and I said yes every time.

Can I ask you a question, do you actually enjoy the EL games? Even the away games? I find them excruciating to watch.

Back