• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Stats Thread

is that a 17 point swing within 10 games last season? crikey

Yep.

Here's how we've picked up points compared to ourselves last season, green line shows the difference when comparing to the same fixture:

difference11121213totte.jpg

It is amazing the league record since January are almost equal between Arsenal, Chelsea and us.

Arsenal : played 18, won 11, drew 4, lost 3 = 37 points
Chelsea : played 18, won 10, drew 4, lost 4 = 34 points
Spurs : played 17, won 9, drew 6, lost 2 = 33 points

We have actually lost fewer matches than both Arsenal and Chelsea which is amazing. The big setback for us was we drew too many matches. But I still think the loss to Fulham at home was the one which destroyed our CL hopes. Unfortunately for us, Jol has managed to get the sweet revenge on Levy and us.

Resultwise, we have not done that badly since January. We have got only 6 points less than ManU since January.

ManU : played 17, won 12, drew 3, lost 2 = 39points
ManCity : played 17, won 10, drew 4, lost 3 = 34 points
Everton : played 17, won 7, drew 6, lost 4 = 27 points
Liverpool : played 17, won 8, drew 6, lost 3 = 30 points

But Arsenal have done much better since then. Only ManU have a better record than Arsenal since January.

And 2 of those 3 losses were Everton and Liverpool away when we were cruising to wins.

Fulham was just a bad day.

I think we are pretty much unbeatable away from home. Record points and goals scored.

Skyfarer's points are valid about our home form. And I cannot remember a season where we did not bash up at more than one side. Scored 4 once only vs Villa.

2.08 points per game gets us easy ECL next season but of course if we can just crank it up a notch..??

money-table-600x712.jpg

Though we conceded quite a few this season, we only lost by more than one goal twice: Arsenal and Chelsea early on.

I knew it. That phenomenal performance by Scholes for Man U against us at OT was out of this world. In 60 years watching footy I've not witnessed any midfield performance to even come close. And IIRC he was substituted midway through the second half!

But how many of those passes were sideways or backwards?

I knew it. That phenomenal performance by Scholes for Man U against us at OT was out of this world. In 60 years watching footy I've not witnessed any midfield performance to even come close. And IIRC he was substituted midway through the second half!

Eh?

We won.

But Scholes played fantastic in some games this season. He had about a 100% pass completion over some periods of games I saw him play like a master.

Eh?

We won.

But Scholes played fantastic in some games this season. He had about a 100% pass completion over some periods of games I saw him play like a master.

That was the miracle of it. We produced some fantastic moves and top-draw finishing to get the goals but then if you remember had to withstand THE most almighty onslaught mainly instigated by Scholes.

Of all the records we set this season, one record we have failed to mention is that we won all our 6 matches against promoted teams : Reading, Southampton and WestHam. This is the FIRST time ever we have beaten all the promoted teams ! It is a great achievement as we always feck up against promoted teams. Apart from the 1995/96 season where we won 2 and drew 2 against promoted teams, we have lost atleast once to promoted teams in other seasons.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Tottenham_Hotspur_v_Promoted_Clubs.html

You can argue promoted teams are no longer as strong as before but due credit to AVB and the team for getting the maximum points against them. So, we must maintain that record next season and get the maximum 18 points against Cardiff, Hull and Watford/Palace.

Last edited:
Back