• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Spanish Football Thread

Because he played eight minutes for Barcelona this season Aubameyang will get a La Liga winner's medal...the first title of his career.

Hopefully Harry sees that pots aren't always of any value.

All kicking off with Racism in La Liga, not seen the game only seen some stuff on social media, something to do with Vinicious Junior.

Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti says La Liga has a "problem with racism" after forward Vinicius Junior was subjected to racist chants at Valencia.

The 22-year-old was dismissed for violent conduct on 97 minutes after an altercation with Hugo Duro.

Earlier in the game, an incensed Vinicius attempted to bring a Valencia fan to the referee's attention.

"What we saw today is unacceptable. An entire stadium chanting racist slurs," Ancelotti told Movistar Plus.

"I don't want to talk about football today, there is no meaning in talking about football today. I told the referee he should have stopped the match.

"La Liga has a problem here. For me Vinicius is the most important player in the world. La Liga has a problem, these episodes of racism have to stop the match.

"It's the entire stadium that is insulting a player with racist chants and the match has to stop. I would say the same if we were winning 3-0, there is no other way."

The Brazil winger, who was sent off for the first time in his career, has been the subject of racist abuse numerous times this season in La Liga.

The game was momentarily paused in the second half as the Real forward reacted angrily to an incident in the stands.

He was fired up from that moment and was sent off for the first time in La Liga for his involvement in an altercation between both sets of players.

The 22-year-old posted on Instagram: "The prize the racists have won is my expulsion. It's not football, it's La Liga."

Ancelotti said Vinicius' reaction was "understandable" in the circumstances.

"I asked him if he wanted to keep playing, and he stayed in the game," the Italian added.

"Vinicius is very sad, he is angry. Something like this can't happen in the world we live in."

Diego Lopez's back-post winner boosted Valencia's bid for La Liga survival.

Lopez met Justin Kluivert's cross-come-shot at the back post to tuck the winner past Thibaut Courtois.

Victory moves Valencia up to 13th place in the La Liga table, five points clear of the relegation zone, while Madrid missed the chance to move above neighbours Atletico into second

The response to this from the league is shameful. Vini reply to them on twitter was gold

Its clear they don't wanna do anything about the problem if they are victim blaming

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

What did he get sent off for?

Unless it was a really dangerous tackle, the referee could have shown some allowance for what had happened before. Of course, if the ref considered the racist abuse no big deal, just part of the game, then he is part of the problem

To answer my own question:

... sent off for the first time in his career after VAR noted him raising an arm in a thicket of scuffling Real and Valencia players during the extended stoppage time.

Seems Valencia fans have long form:

Racist abuse of Vinícius Jr is all too familiar in La Liga

A spring evening in Valencia. It is a high-stakes fixture against a team of national champions. It is noisy in the Mestalla, a stadium of steep grandstands and unique acoustics. Its lower sections of seating are close to the pitch on all four sides.

It is a bad-tempered game. The visiting side’s black players are abused by a large number of spectators when they touch the ball, routinely and audibly from all around the venue. At a pause in play, one of the away players breaks the fourth wall between actors and audience. He gestures to an area in the grandstand, asking for its attention. He points to Valencia’s centre forward, who is black, presenting a clear argument about the racists’ illogic.

The arguer is Thierry Henry, then of Arsenal; his ally is John Carew, then of Valencia, a player not being booed with every touch. After the game, a Uefa Champions League match, Arsenal’s Patrick Vieira tells reporters: “Uefa are hypocrites. They keep on saying they will do something about this problem but all they are doing is fining clubs £2,000-£3,000. It’s all just words. It will never change. We’ve come to expect it.” A spokesman for Uefa responds by calling Vieira’s criticisms “unjustified”. The year is 2003.

The response to this from the league is shameful. Vini reply to them on twitter was gold

Its clear they don't wanna do anything about the problem if they are victim blaming

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I've only seen excerpts from the discussion on Twitter between Vini and Tebas but the chain of events is astounding:

A - Player gets racially abused by thousands of fans at a stadium and the player calls it out

B - The president of the league publicly criticizes the player for not attending two meetings about combating racism.

There's so many ridiculous implications in Tebas' response, adding on that Valencia have utilized the "I'm outraged at the suggestion of racism" defense". I'm guessing that if they were to ban everyone calling Vinicius a monkey they'd lose a huge amount of income they rely upon for a reason that they evidently consider unimportant.

@scaramanga Was that a joke a la Goldmember with hating intolerance and the dutch? I find it hard to tell with you sometimes!

I've only seen excerpts from the discussion on Twitter between Vini and Tebas but the chain of events is astounding:

A - Player gets racially abused by thousands of fans at a stadium and the player calls it out

B - The president of the league publicly criticizes the player for not attending two meetings about combating racism.

There's so many ridiculous implications in Tebas' response, adding on that Valencia have utilized the "I'm outraged at the suggestion of racism" defense". I'm guessing that if they were to ban everyone calling Vinicius a monkey they'd lose a huge amount of income they rely upon for a reason that they evidently consider unimportant.

@scaramanga Was that a joke a la Goldmember with hating intolerance and the dutch? I find it hard to tell with you sometimes!

Yeh astounding really. That Tebas seems seems a right plonker

Yeah, obviously not a great one.

Valencia have their stand closed but they are still digging in and fighting the charges.. Mental!

Yeah, obviously not a great one.

Oh no it is a good joke but also one that people may un-ironically agree without realizing that mass generalisations is a huge symptom of what the joke is regarding.

It's why I'm a massive fan of accurate and indisputable use of quantifiers like "some Spaniards are racists" and "the absolute majority of Chelsea fans are clams", it saves anyone getting unnecessarily offended.

Oh no it is a good joke but also one that people may un-ironically agree without realizing that mass generalisations is a huge symptom of what the joke is regarding.

It's why I'm a massive fan of accurate and indisputable use of quantifiers like "some Spaniards are racists" and "the absolute majority of Chelsea fans are clams", it saves anyone getting unnecessarily offended.
I think you're being a bit generous to Chelsea

Back