• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

This is what is going to kill me. The hope.

Had Chelsea won today I think it would have been over, but as they lost and it's opened it up a little it's going to be the same as last year! Imagine if we have to beat West Ham to go top again! Those fcukers always turn up.

But this year is different. I think we are going to do it.....

Last edited:
Today's results have led to a rush of adrenaline coursing through me. What if.......
Of course, I'm realistic and know that I need to keep all hope in check. But you have to enjoy days like these when things go our way. Who honestly believed that Cheatski wouldn't claw at least one back?
Top 3 is still the aim. But.... after today...there's more than a little bit of hope, maybe even belief, that something special might be happening.
No doubt the adrenaline will wear off and I'll come back to earth with a nasty bump, probably on Wednesday.
But for now, I'm just going to enjoy the feeling that all is possible!

This is what is going to kill me. The hope.

Had Chelsea won today I think it would have been over, but as they lost and it's opened it up a little it's going to be the same as last year! Imagine if we have to beat West Ham to go top again! Those fcukers always turn up.

But this year is different. I think we are going to do it.....

There is an outside chance we may even have the oppurtunity to go top for 24 hours beating Bournemouth, but we have to win the next two while Chelsea dont win either of their next 2.

And although it is a big if, should they lose to United or just pick up 2pts from the next 3. We could possibly go into the semi top of the league.

But all pie-in-the-sky. One game at a time. Not counting any chickens on Weds night. We will be favourites, but again, wont be easy

Today's results have led to a rush of adrenaline coursing through me. What if.......
Of course, I'm realistic and know that I need to keep all hope in check. But you have to enjoy days like these when things go our way. Who honestly believed that Cheatski wouldn't claw at least one back?
Top 3 is still the aim. But.... after today...there's more than a little bit of hope, maybe even belief, that something special might be happening.
No doubt the adrenaline will wear off and I'll come back to earth with a nasty bump, probably on Wednesday.
But for now, I'm just going to enjoy the feeling that all is possible!

I was sure they would get a rebound off a corner in the 96th minute

I was sure they would get a rebound off a corner in the 96th minute

Yeah, when it came up as 7 mins added on I just knew it would happen. And when the minutes just kept getting added on beyond 7 mins I knew it would happen.
And then it didn't.
I think that's why I feel so hyped up. The inevitable didn't happen. Happy days.

But a city win would them right on our tails.

Draw or arsenal win for me.

Hate to say it, but it you're right. Never want the goons to win. But it wouldn't be a bad thing tomorrow.

It would be typical for us to get within a point or so of chel$ea, have a chance, but then not have enough depth in the squad etc. I think we shouldn't expect anything, just focus on the next game. Win each game that we can, and see. We lost our shi1 when we had a look in last season. Poch will need to remove pressure, and get greater focus, and of course they need to drop a lot of points. A mini melt down.

Last edited:
City win/draw for me tomorrow.

Keep that gap to 6th 11/12 points

Agree with that. Top 3 is so much better than top 4 as the 4th placed team has to play a tricky CL qualifier round before the group stages. 2nd and 3rd place arent really much different

Not that bothered about Man C staying close to us given that the only way we'll win the title is if we're outstanding (ie winning 8 of our last 9) in which case they wont be able to stay with us.

We won't win the title. If we were within a point and had Rose Walker Kane Winks and Janssen was on top form and scoring goals, I'd be excited. But we are edging closer and closer to top 4 which would be a massive achievement given the money spent by some of the clubs this year.

I hope Poch is screaming at the players about last seasons performances in individual games at the end that cost us. And we focus on these individual games. Then we can defy the odds that we will capitulate like we always do.

If we want to win the title, I think we need 8 wins from our last 9

I cant Cheatski doing worse than say 5 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats in their lats 9, which gives them a further 17 points so 24 lead over us given their 7 point advantage.

So 8 wins are needed. Tough ask but a game at a time....

Back