• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

Did everyone see Mo doing the celebration they thought up on the Tv show a league of their own! he kept doing it and for the TV as well and cameras to catch it. I like mo! shame he is a gooner!

so . . . Murray 2 sets up. In any game other than the final he would be the Gold medal winner now. I just dont know why they took it from best of 3 to best of 5 for the final. Best of 5 is just too damn long.

Spectacular from Murray. 6-2, 6-1.

Although the score is a bit misleading as Federer made Murray work on his serve much more than the score shows.

Odd that they play five sets in the final. It strikes me you play best of three or best of five throughout a tournament. Changing it for final is changing the rules of the game.

I've decided not to watch any events at the Olympics that aren't the pinnacle achievement of the sport. Football and tennis are totally out for me.

There are many athletes at the Olympics who have spent 4 years specifically training for this fortnight. It means everything to them. But a few weeks ago Federer and Murray were up to their tits in Wimbledon and didn't care about anything else. The footballers - the only athletes in this spectacular, magnificent event who are routinely cheating - couldn't give a fudge about anything other than personal glory, image rights, €25m transfer fees and who they're roasting tonight after the disco.

A British girl has just won a boxing heat in a great scrap, but the BBC are on the tennis. That is priorities being gotten all, all wrong imo.

All about viewing figures.

They're not going to sacrifice 2 of the best players in the world contesting a final for a girl boxing.

I don't mind the tennis so much, as it does mean a hell of a lot to the players, agree on the football, where it's just treated as a pre season youth tournament

I don't think men's football should even be an Olympic event. The World Cup is what matters and you have World Cups for every under age group as well.

I've decided not to watch any events at the Olympics that aren't the pinnacle achievement of the sport. Football and tennis are totally out for me.

There are many athletes at the Olympics who have spent 4 years specifically training for this fortnight. It means everything to them. But a few weeks ago Federer and Murray were up to their tits in Wimbledon and didn't care about anything else. The footballers - the only athletes in this spectacular, magnificent event who are routinely cheating - couldn't give a fudge about anything other than personal glory, image rights, €25m transfer fees and who they're roasting tonight after the disco.

A British girl has just won a boxing heat in a great scrap, but the BBC are on the tennis. That is priorities being gotten all, all wrong imo.

How noble.

I agree Murray would prefer a grand slam. But Gold is just behind and the best players in the world are there

I agree on the Olympics being about sports where it matters to the players. So no to tennis, men's football and basketball, golf etc. Although I've enjoyed some of the doubles tennis, which the top players don't usually play. Perhaps Olympic tennis should be doubles only.

I agree on the Olympics being about sports where it matters to the players. So no to tennis, men's football and basketball, golf etc. Although I've enjoyed some of the doubles tennis, which the top players don't usually play. Perhaps Olympic tennis should be doubles only.

They're bringing golf in next time. Some sports are probably in there to cater to rich people and sponsors.

They're bringing golf in next time. Some sports are probably in there to cater to rich people and sponsors.

I think golf could become a massive thing, there is already a world cup, but it's not taking too seriously, the nearest thing is the Ryder Cup, but this will be each country individual. Imagine Luke Donald and Rory McIlroy V Tiger Woods and Bubba Watson in the gold medal match. Lovely.

Back