• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
NOW he's bothered to put some effort in.

I think Advocaat manages him slightly better than his previous club boss did...one thing you don't see are comments in the papers every bloody week going on about what a funny lad he is, how 'e wished Pav would show some, and I'll certainly bet Advocaat didn't tell him to go on and 'run about'...yes, he was lumpen and used up by the time he eft, but you DO wonder if, with better care, he could've been another useful squad player in the run-in
#pienaarbassongcorlukakranjcar

(sigh)...

After missing out on the WC they must be well up for it though. Doubt any manager motivation is needed.

Maybe he just gives more of a brick about playing for his country than he did for Spurs.

Not a staggering idea.

Good player, just didn't quite do it for us.

Oh behave all you saying Pav was mis-managed. He scored some cracking goals but was fudging brick the rest of the time. Pav or Adebayor? No fudging argument.

Oh, and the **** didn't even learn English. I'm sure it's much easier to communicate with him in the Russian camp.

Confidence must have been absolutley rock bottom here since that wonder strike he made against Young Boys.

Man managment genius my arse.

Kind of worked against him. Showed what he was capable of if he put the effort in, the previous 85 minutes of that game he didn't do anything, if my memory serves me correctly..

Arshavin looking a completely different player to the one who left Arsenal as well.
Wenger played him out of position for 3 years. He was bought a few months after he was a star in Russia's (and Zenit's) 2008 team as someone who played behind the striker - a bit like Van der Vaart does for us. Then he went to the Gooners and played on the left wing most of the time.

Pav was playing inside left. I think he played there 4 years ago too. Food for thought.
Arshavin was brilliant too.

Anyway that was some great stuff by the Russians.

Oh behave all you saying Pav was mis-managed. He scored some cracking goals but was fudging brick the rest of the time. Pav or Adebayor? No fudging argument.

Who's arguing that one mate? Calm down. Adebayor is a ledge. I'm just saying that Harry DID NOT manage fringe players well because, well, he checked out didn't he? Pav off the bench would've been amazing, regularly give him 30 mins and a private pat on the back, plus really sing the boy's praises in the press when he DOES score and we'd have perhaps had 3rd given how he's the only striker we had who could really thump one from distance. Look, i agree, he was used up by the end of his time, but Harry's jovial undermining of him didn't help...

The following are quotes from Pav last Autumn...I would not disagree it IS slightly hypocritical of me to believe that this is Pav speaking when I feel Modric's words come from his agent, so I'll admit that this is not 100% solid, but if there's a grain of truth in it (and I believe there is personally, then it reflects poorly methinks...

<<The Russian feels that Redknapp has not been honest to him about why he can’t break into the first-team at White Hart Lane and says that he is not content with only playing in the Europa League.

"I don't believe I can fight my way into the Tottenham starting line-up. Players can feel what the manager thinks about them, and I know that the manager doesn't count on me these days,” he told Russian newspaper Sport Express.

“Therefore, something must change. I must play in order not to miss Euro 2012, and there is danger of missing such an important tournament.

“You don't get into the national squad on past achievements. I will be 30 in December, and it could be my last big tournament.

"I don't want to be the team's fourth striker. I want to play in the big games in the Premier League. Europa League, which I am playing in, doesn't interest anyone here.

"I don't know whether Redknapp is telling the truth when he says he doesn't want to lose me. I guess he is not telling the truth.

"Redknapp says I'm not playing because my pre-season wasn't good. I can't understand that.

“First of all, he wasn't with us in the first half of pre-season training, so he can't know how I trained. And anyway, I gave 100 per cent in the pre-season, like everyone else">>

Back