• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

It's a tough one for him, but I've given up doubting him. I also think alot of peopple are going to be surprised at his size in this fight, it wouldn't suprise me if Dos Anjos is acctually the smaller man come fight night, even though he's in the higher weight class. Whatever way it ends I'm super excited for this fight, can't wait!

Macgregor is taller than Do Anjos and considerably bulkier than previous fights as you'd expect stepping up a weight. His reach is also better.

I can see it being a quick fight again. Macgregor said first round although "he'd love to make it last three rounds and beat the ugly out of him."

I could never get into UFC or MMA but I love watching his interviews. Hilarious stuff.

You just know if he was just an ordinary bloke, he would be that lairy little brick that every pub has though

Frampton v Quigg is coming up. Quigg strikes me as a bit of a simpleton but a dogged fighter. Think Frampton will win, but the villain on the night will be Eddie Hearn who has been under a lot of scrutiny of late.

The winner will face Rigondeux who was stripped of his titles. One of the all time greats

Frampton v Quigg is coming up. Quigg strikes me as a bit of a simpleton but a dogged fighter. Think Frampton will win, but the villain on the night will be Eddie Hearn who has been under a lot of scrutiny of late.

The winner will face Rigondeux who was stripped of his titles. One of the all time greats
One of the all time greats?? He's only had 16 pro fights. Do you mean one of the all time great amateurs?
He's an all time great talent, I'll give you that. Boring to watch, though.

Frampton - Quigg should be a cracker, really looking forward to it. I slightly favour Quigg, not much to separate them really.
The winner (or loser) might face Rigo, nothing's agreed there.

One of the all time greats?? He's only had 16 pro fights. Do you mean one of the all time great amateurs?
He's an all time great talent, I'll give you that. Boring to watch, though.

Frampton - Quigg should be a cracker, really looking forward to it. I slightly favour Quigg, not much to separate them really.
The winner (or loser) might face Rigo, nothing's agreed there.

He's arguably the best ever amateur, but I think he is one of the greats of our time regardless of the number of fights. The boring aspect I can understand, but definitely disagree with. I love watching him in action, he's almost flawless in style.

He's arguably the best ever amateur, but I think he is one of the greats of our time regardless of the number of fights. The boring aspect I can understand, but definitely disagree with. I love watching him in action, he's almost flawless in style.
I base all time great status on accomplishments. You can't compare Rigo's pro achievements to someone like Willie Pep.
He's definitely a strong contender for all time great amateur, as is Lomachenko.
I can enjoy his style, but some of his fights, like his last, can be challenging to sit through.

Any ideas who Haye is gonna fight in May yet? Will it be another 'get rid of the ring rust' opponent or do you think it will fight a someone ranked pretty highly?

I doubt it will be anyone ranked highly, maybe the guy Joshua just beat or someone around that level. Then I'd expect a top level opponent in October/November.

He reckons it will be someone ranked by one of the governing bodies. I think it will be another bum, and if Joshua beats Martin, Have will be immediately calling him out.

The last guy was ranked #10 by one of the governing bodies too. Rankings don't mean that much, especially for heavyweights.

I can't separate Quigg and Frampton so I will sit on the fence and just enjoy the fight. I don't really have a preference.

Dos Anjos has pulled out of the fight with McGregor. Broke his foot according to reports, UFC are looking for a replacement

This is great

Hearn is a tool and give its the big savior of boxing act but when you look into deep he isn't. And the arrogance to say "if it wasn't for me you wouldn't get this pay day" that is just a lot of crap, Sky are the big players here not Hearn he is just the outsourced fixer and also it takes two to put on a fight, Frampton brings just as much if not more to table than Quigg because he sells out arena's

Nothing between Quigg and Frampton. Either can win but I would expect Quigg to need a KO, I think Frampton's style will appeal more to the judges should it go to the cards. I am siding slightly with Quigg as his workrate is incredible and I think he punches harder and might well clean Frampton out if he connects properly. Either way, a very good fight to start the year on.

Scott Quigg is a 27 year old millionaire who still lives with his mum and gets her to make his bed every morning. I hope Frampton wins

Only watched UFC once and i am not impressed. Load of wannabe boxers giving it large and then getting laid out.

Going up the weights in MMA is not the same as boxing. Bit off more than he can chew is the expression that comes to mind.

Yeah it seemed that way, even though Nate's face was getting bashed in the first round, he made light work of Macgregor in the second and seemed to have far too much power for him in the wrestle.

McGregor got used to being able to finishing people with his left. Relied too much on it against a bigger opponent who can take a shot. Wore himself out.

AJ beat Charles Martin last night to win 1 of the world titles. Martin was never world champ material and got found out within 2 rounds.

Would like to see AJ defend his title in a warm up fight and then make a fight with the Australian guy who won a world title the other week. Should be an easy fight and another world title and that opens up doors for a fight with Fury or Wilder to try and unify the division.

Back