• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

I agree with your reading of the Whyte fight. However Have has been out for three years, until this weekend we won't know what level he is at currently.

There's a fighter from New Zealand called Parker who isn't as big a puncher as Joshua, but is lightning quick. Unbeaten in 17 fights I think, ranked 4th on WBC rankings. Him v Joshua has been talked up already

I don't think Di Mori will pose any sort of threat for Haye. It's a good opponent for a 'comeback' fight but I can't see it going more than 3 or 4 rounds.

Joshua vs Parker should be made to happen with Whyte vs Chisora on the undercard.
Parker has had a similar career to Joshua so far albeit against even worse opposition but he's young, unbeaten and can knock people out. It's an obvious match up.
Whyte vs Chisora would be a good slug fest. They are both fighters before boxers so it would be an interesting fight. It would be pretty damming for the loser though.

Last edited:
Chisora versus Joshua will also be a good one, lots of head movement for Joshua to fight against, a different test for him

bit off topic but if any of you know of any decent places near chingford/walthamstow/woodford sort of area that do classes in any of the martial arts or boxing can you send me a pm? cheers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/35336861

Deontay Wilder retained the WBC heavyweight title with a ninth-round knockout of Artur Szpilka in New York.

The unbeaten American knocked Szpilka unconscious with a right hand, with the Pole taken to hospital as a precaution.

Britain's Tyson Fury, who holds the WBA and WBO belts, traded insults with Wilder in the ring after the fight.

On the same bill, Charles Martin won the vacant IBF title when Vyacheslav Glazkov was forced to retire in round three with a serious knee injury.

Fury was stripped of the IBF belt when he agreed a rematch with former champion Wladimir Klitschko, whom he beat in November, rather than fight mandatory challenger Glazkov

After the fight at Brooklyn's Barclays Center, Fury climbed into the ring, eyeballed Wilder and started singing "there's only one Tyson Fury" into a microphone, adding: "What have you got to say about that, Deontay?"

Wilder, who has stopped 35 of his 36 opponents, replied: "You're just a phoney. This is just an act. You know where I am. You know what time, what place. I ain't scared of nobody. I'll come to your backyard, baby."

Fury, who has won all of his 25 fights, made the same offer as the crowd booed, adding: "Any time, any place, anywhere. I'll beat you. You're a bum."

A laughing Wilder then said: "I don't play this. You should have been an actor. You can run around like you're a preacher all you want, but you step in the ring, I promise you, I will baptise you."

A unification fight between the pair could take place in Britain or the USA later this year

Southpaw Szpilka was "doing good" and "talking" after the fight, according to his trainer Ronnie Shields, who said: "He knows exactly where he is right now."

Wilder, 30, struggled for large portions of the fight but left Szpilka flat on his back with a powerful right hand with 36 seconds remaining in round nine.

Szpilka, whose record is now 20-2, was out cold for several minutes as he was attended to by ringside doctors.

Wilder is now due to make a mandatory defence against Russian Alexander Povetkin.

"I'm surprised it took that long, but we had 12 rounds and they can't all can't be pretty," Wilder said

In the bill's other heavyweight title bout, Glazkov was a heavy favourite against American Martin, 29, but was forced to stop one minute 50 seconds into round three after twice falling to the canvas.

The 31-year-old Ukrainian's right leg buckled as he threw a right hand and he tore an anterior cruciate ligament.

The previously unbeaten Glazkov said: "I slipped and I felt a sharp pain in my knee and I felt it give out. I'm very upset. I want a rematch when I recover."

Martin, a southpaw, said: "He just didn't have enough power. I was going to catch up with him eventually."

Before the fight, Glazkov said he would be prepared to face unbeaten British and Commonwealth champion Anthony Joshua.

The American's record is now 23 wins and one draw, while Glazkov's is 21-1-1

Apparently security had to separate Tyson Fury and Carl Froch last night.

Fury v Wilder is in the early stages of build up. Both can talk so will be an entertaining press conference

The thing is with Fury he trashed Vladimir and apologised to almost grovelling levels after the fight, so all these antics have lost any credibility, like someone said, he looks more WWE than WBC.

Haye took an easy comeback and fair play, its the right thing to do, he looks good for the extra weight which is positive.

I think Wilder is overrated. He relies on that one punch too much which to be fair, he usually finds. Fury would beat him on points imo. I think a lot of people get intimidated by his sheer size too.

I think Wilder is overrated. He relies on that one punch too much which to be fair, he usually finds. Fury would beat him on points imo. I think a lot of people get intimidated by his sheer size too.

I Agree, he was down on points in my opinion Saturday and if the other fella had kept away from his punch he would have won...I think

I Agree, he was down on points in my opinion Saturday and if the other fella had kept away from his punch he would have won...I think

Agreed, but Wilder is a protected fighter, no way would he have lost on points (two judges had him four points up).
Defending the heavyweight championship of the world against three absolute no-hopers (though all three did better than expected, Wilder is overrated) is what's turning fans away from the sport

Agreed, but Wilder is a protected fighter, no way would he have lost on points (two judges had him four points up).
Defending the heavyweight championship of the world against three absolute no-hopers (though all three did better than expected, Wilder is overrated) is what's turning fans away from the sport

Looks like Wilder will fight Povetkin next in May/June. It's gonna take a bit of time to sort itself out but it'll be interesting to see who the champions are in a year or two... assuming they haven't all found ways of avoiding each other.

Looks like Wilder will fight Povetkin next in May/June. It's gonna take a bit of time to sort itself out but it'll be interesting to see who the champions are in a year or two... assuming they haven't all found ways of avoiding each other.

I would not be shocked to see them around David Haye's waist, Wilder I expect to be lose in the next 12 months as I do Fury, depending how it pans out Haye could in 2/3 fights time clean up...

Haye will definitely challenge again if he stays injury free but that's a big if. Nobody has the speed and power combination that he has in the division. I'd like to see him beat one of the American pretenders (Jennings, Martin) next before fighting someone like Ortiz who is making waves but is also untested. Then he should get a title shot.

America is desperate for another heavyweight superstar which is why Wilder has had such an easy ride but I think he loses to Fury, Klitschko and Haye comfortably.
As for Joshua, he will need to learn to move his head if he wants to progress but it's still early days for him.

As for Joshua, he will need to learn to move his head if he wants to progress but it's still early days for him.

Nice to read so valid comments on Joshua, I agree 100% with this, he is a prospect, true prospect but that's it for now, he hasn't won anything yet so the hype machine needs to slow down for me

Back