• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

I'm not sure it was a pen, can't say I've studied the replay over and over, but looked like Doku got the ball and Mac was Charging in, collisions can be accidental in football.

I'm not sure it was a pen, can't say I've studied the replay over and over, but looked like Doku got the ball and Mac was Charging in, collisions can be accidental in football.
I'm fine with that not being a FK. It was obvious what Doku was gonna do, and he didn't show studs, nor was it dangerously high. MacAllister went into that situation himself, and was second to the ball.

I'm fine with that not being a FK. It was obvious what Doku was gonna do, and he didn't show studs, nor was it dangerously high. MacAllister went into that situation himself, and was second to the ball.
Hmm even I think they were hard done by on the pen.. For me that's a dangerous attempt to play the ball. Studs in someones chest is always a foul, IMO. City had chances to win the game in the end too, so it kinda balanced out... But if it were us in that position, I'd be filthy it wasn't given as a pen.

Makes it all the more hilarious anyway.

Hmm even I think they were hard done by on the pen.. For me that's a dangerous attempt to play the ball. Studs in someones chest is always a foul, IMO. City had chances to win the game in the end too, so it kinda balanced out... But if it were us in that position, I'd be filthy it wasn't given as a pen.

Makes it all the more hilarious anyway.

But is it dangerous as Mac puts himself in the position, the foot was up first?
Doku should have gone with his head, he wasn't brave enough.

Reactions: jrh
But is it dangerous as Mac puts himself in the position, the foot was up first?
Doku should have gone with his head, he wasn't brave enough.
Yeah I see what you're saying, just trying it with the old shoe on the other foot approach.. I'd have been miffed if that wasn't given as a pen for us.

Everyone is talking about yesterday as if it was some sort of game for the ages.

Am I the only one who thought the quality wasn’t all that? I thought the Dippers were ordinary first half and City were ordinary throughout. The Dippers were very good second half to be fair.

The game was engrossing. It was on a knife edge which made it great theatre and great entertainment. But in quality terms, for the two top teams in the country, it wasn’t that great for me.

Didn't watch but saw the highlights, not a penalty for me.
I see Ederson is out of the Arsenal game with injury, should be back for our game though.
Does the goons luck have no boundaries? Having said that I don't think Ederson is that good a goalkeeper, very good using his feet but usually has little to do due to City having all the possession but when called into action doesn't make many saves.

Everyone is talking about yesterday as if it was some sort of game for the ages.

Am I the only one who thought the quality wasn’t all that? I thought the Dippers were ordinary first half and City were ordinary throughout. The Dippers were very good second half to be fair.

The game was engrossing. It was on a knife edge which made it great theatre and great entertainment. But in quality terms, for the two top teams in the country, it wasn’t that great for me.
Awful game.

The Victim method of just running about at 100mph and hoping something lands in front of a forward is effective but absolutely horrible to watch. It's about as entertaining as the old Wimbledon teams.

I thought it was like a cup game with lower league home team running their nuts off in the first half and away team unable to get their game going, after that City couldn't find any rhythm.

They’re not a happy bunch, the only atmosphere they can muster are boos ringing round the ground at 1-1.

Game was fudging terrible, both sides gave away the ball, had no patterns, players literally receiving the ball and then looking for a teammate (they should fudging know who is making a run or in what position)

Chelsea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine & United look a mess, all rely on an individual or a mistake ..

Luton 1-0 up.

If this is how Solanke has been playing all season then I think there's a big chance we'll be in for him in the summer.

Hold and link up play has been superb.

Good game actually, end to end.

Back