• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

The game at the Etihad on March 31st will reveal a lot about how far they’ve come. If they get a result there I’ll be very worried about them going on to win the league. Still think it’s Emirates Marketing Project’s to lose. They’ve got the best coach, squad and overall best players. Arsenal have got to overcome Pep and Klopp.
Yes but City have to play Pool and the goons , two games to potentially drop points , Arsenal and Pool have only city to play. They have an advantage , and the scousers have a congested fixture list and are already suffering with injuries to key players , the goons aren't.

When did Sheffield United become 'Sheffield'? Have they always been and Sheffield Wednesday are just 'Wednesday'?

The game at the Etihad on March 31st will reveal a lot about how far they’ve come. If they get a result there I’ll be very worried about them going on to win the league. Still think it’s Emirates Marketing Project’s to lose. They’ve got the best coach, squad and overall best players. Arsenal have got to overcome Pep and Klopp.
City are a bit weak defensively. Arsenal look at lot more solid.

Hate to say it but Arsenal are the best team in the league right now. Seeing a different kind of Arsenal aswell, these are games they usually slip up in but they have been smashing everyone in their way.
City for me. Some of their football on Sunday was incredible. The standard is frightening. Arsenal are in a little purple patch but I'm not sure they'll sustain it. I can't understand people saying City are boring - they're fantastic.

It's a shame they're a bunch of cheating clams.

City for me. Some of their football on Sunday was incredible. The standard is frightening. Arsenal are in a little purple patch but I'm not sure they'll sustain it. I can't understand people saying City are boring - they're fantastic.

City's first half against Utd reminded me of our first half against Palace, so much possession with no end product ;)

City's first half against Utd reminded me of our first half against Palace, so much possession with no end product ;)
Thought they moved the ball a lot better. United sat very deep and very narrow. For City, it was always going to be a case of grinding them down and even in that first half, some of their passing was quite incisive, United just had the energy and got bodies in the way. And Haaland did miss an absolute sitter as well as Onana pulling off a couple of decent saves.

Yeah I don’t think Arsenal can really play much better than this and they’re still third, albeit only 2 points off the top. I haven’t watched their games tbh, are they actually creating a lot of chances or is every shot they have just ending up in the back of the net?

I don’t think Emirates Marketing Project have really hit top form yet, let’s hope they do and quickly.

are they actually creating a lot of chances or is every shot they have just ending up in the back of the net?
Atm it's both....
They had 3-4 shots in the first 3 minutes of the game!
Yesterday, all the first 3 goals came from a combination of good play, awful defending and luck.
First was someone going to the byline, and crossing low into the box, where Havertz missed it or jumped out of the way, couldn't tell, and it fell right to Ødegaard.
Second one was similar, from the other flank, which was finished by a Sheffield defender, with a glorious back heel into his own net...
Third was a shot from 45 degrees out, which got a massive deflection.

Build up was good, but there were still elements of luck involved, and some absolutely pathetic defending.

Last edited:
You’d think so, although it might be quite funny, what he did at Sassuolo and Brighton then he ends up with a choice between the two clamiest teams in the UK.

I’d retire lol.
I think the fact that De Zerbi himself being a massive clam can't be overlooked... He'll have to win at the highest level before the best will tolerate his antics and presence. Bit like Conte in that respect.

The lack of quality on display at the 'theatre of dreams' is pretty startling. Looks like two sides fighting for survival.

Back