• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Nice to see another two teams get more pens in one game than we have had in 13. Just us, Everton and Bournemouth not had the pleasure of a spot kick yet this season
Bit behind Arsenal on 6 Chelsea on 5..

Ridiculous, Wolves have been really hard done by. I remember in the opening game Onanna comes out misses the ball and cleans out a Wolves player to the floor and I don't think it was even reviewed.

They're meeting today to discuss extending VAR to throw ins and corners. Need to sort the basics first.

What a stupid decision not to bring in the automated offside technology used at the world cup, apparently the clubs thought it would date too quickly. Doesn't look as dated as waiting around for a few minutes drawing lines in paint.

Ridiculous, Wolves have been really hard done by. I remember in the opening game Onanna comes out misses the ball and cleans out a Wolves player to the floor and I don't think it was even reviewed.

They're meeting today to discuss extending VAR to throw ins and corners. Need to sort the basics first.

What a stupid decision not to bring in the automated offside technology used at the world cup, apparently the clubs thought it would date too quickly. Doesn't look as dated as waiting around for a few minutes drawing lines in paint.
At least 3 massive decisions have fudged them over so far this season

Another major fudge up by FvarSE, i am truely amazed that there are still fans who think it is a good thing for the game.
Nothing wrong with the tech.
Everything wrong with the process and the officiating. We used to bemoan the officials and the argument was often made that extra tech would help them "because they are only human". It's now beyond crystal clear that isn't the problem; the problem is that they are brick decision makers/judges.

VAR as it stands is not fit for purpose. It can be fixed. But not with the people currently in charge of fixing it.

Nothing wrong with the tech.
Everything wrong with the process and the officiating. We used to bemoan the officials and the argument was often made that extra tech would help them "because they are only human". It's now beyond crystal clear that isn't the problem; the problem is that they are brick decision makers/judges.

VAR as it stands is not fit for purpose. It can be fixed. But not with the people currently in charge of fixing it.

Its a waste of time and for the majority of match going supporters i meet its a joke. Stood around not getting that instant high when you team scores while you wait ( what take ages most times) for some idiot sat in a room with cameras kills a lot of the emotion we go to games to to enjoy.

Its a waste of time and for the majority of match going supporters i meet its a joke. Stood around not getting that instant high when you team scores while you wait ( what take ages most times) for some idiot sat in a room with cameras kills a lot of the emotion we go to games to to enjoy.
And how many of those fans would be calling for video technology to help the ref after he gave a penalty against Wolves that was actually excellent defending? Most of them.

We can't have our cake and eat it; it's either the fun, emotion and fallabilty of live sport OR it's extra accuracy.

And how many of those fans would be calling for video technology to help the ref after he gave a penalty against Wolves that was actually excellent defending? Most of them.

We can't have our cake and eat it; it's either the fun, emotion and fallabilty of live sport OR it's extra accuracy.

That the problem though its NOT extra accuracy is it they are still getting things wrong , and the waiting around at grounds is killing the game for most match going supporters.

That the problem though its NOT extra accuracy is it they are still getting things wrong , and the waiting around at grounds is killing the game for most match going supporters.
Especially as we pay massive money and we literally have no idea what is going on, you're relying on mates at home etc to tell you

That is exactly my point earlier - VAR (tech) isn't the issue, VAR (the officials) is.

So it's either replace and improve the officials/process or remove the tech and accept the poor officiating.

Video
Assistant
Referee

The V isn't the issue. The R......

That is exactly my point earlier - VAR (tech) isn't the issue, VAR (the officials) is.

So it's either replace and improve the officials/process or remove the tech and accept the poor officiating.

Video
Assistant
Referee

The V isn't the issue. The R......

What a great idea gets my vote.

I remember in the opening game Onanna comes out misses the ball and cleans out a Wolves player to the floor and I don't think it was even reviewed.
It was. Howard Webb was later in a studio with Michael Owen, going through the audio from the refs, and explaining/apologising for why it wasn't given.

Especially as we pay massive money and we literally have no idea what is going on, you're relying on mates at home etc to tell you
Do you want extra accuracy for the money paid?
Or extra emotion, but accept inaccurate decisions?
(Remembering that previously the argument made above was often made as a pro VAR one)

Back