• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Its a a clear issue, its a footballing equivalent of insider trading to manipulate the market and gain an advantage. It also moves the post from having an owner who is rich to needing one with more than one club to compete. People always say they find ways to navigate FFP and the finances and its proven right. Needs dealing with IMO

It won't be properly dealt with. The cheater clubs and their owners are way too rich and powerful for that to happen. I'm sure FIFA/FA/whoever will put in place a few measures that look good from a PR perspective, but don't actually make any meaningful difference.

It used to be you couldn't own two clubs in the same competition, i think, or still is - shouldn't be beyond the games scope to extend that ruling to cover minority investments and player trading between them. Question is whether or not there is an appetite to do so from the powers that be.

Regardless, now the game at the top level really is done with groups like this getting involved, give it a few more years going down this path and i think that's me done with it.

Regardless, now the game at the top level really is done with groups like this getting involved, give it a few more years going down this path and i think that's me done with it.

Yeh same TBH, I am close to that line. The WC and the lack of real reaction to push them on it was a major one for me. The fact that people use a club with a Oligarch of an owner as a stick to hate on their own club, something I still can't understand if I am honest is another, some of what I have read over the years is just laughable. So much less loyalty in the game from top to bottom which was a massive hook for me.

So Villa have signed Pau Torres and Tielemans

Their transfers over the last few years have been pretty decent.

Them and Brighton looks comfortably ahead of the non-big6+Saudi Sportswashing Machine group

Them and Brighton looks comfortably ahead of the non-big6+Saudi Sportswashing Machine group

Be interesting to see, Brighton will need a summer of reinvention which they are good at but replacing up to 3 of your star players is a tough ask.

Torres, lets see, slow and struggles 1 v1 like Dier, can't change direction quick enough for alot of the top players in the Prem, I am sure he will do a solid job, but he is not the player many over hype IMO

Be interesting to see, Brighton will need a summer of reinvention which they are good at but replacing up to 3 of your star players is a tough ask.

Torres, lets see, slow and struggles 1 v1 like Dier, can't change direction quick enough for alot of the top players in the Prem, I am sure he will do a solid job, but he is not the player many over hype IMO
You beat Torres by putting the ball over the top of him
He can’t head and is physically weak
Very good with the ball though

underwhelming signings, if Spurs made them I’d be disappointed.

Back