• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Any grown adult complaining about PGMOL and referees being corrupt should be embarrassed.
It might be childish to cry corruption, but what other explanation do you see for a group of referees (most with the benefit of detailed replays) not considering that assault a foul? It's not a borderline decision we're talking about. It's a clear foul, pure and simple. I struggle to see how anyone can study the replays and faithfully conclude It's not.

It might be childish to cry corruption, but what other explanation do you see for a group of referees (most with the benefit of detailed replays) not considering that assault a foul? It's not a borderline decision we're talking about. It's a clear foul, pure and simple. I struggle to see how anyone can study the replays and faithfully conclude It's not.
Incompetence, overthinking decisions and changing the rules every other year. But not corruption.

They won the game 4-1 and were 3-0 up at the time, bad decision for sure but these calls of corruption are pretty dumb.

Incompetence, overthinking decisions and changing the rules every other year. But not corruption.
They won the game 4-1 and were 3-0 up at the time, bad decision for sure but these calls of corruption are pretty dumb.
You can see why the question is being asked though, because incompetence at that scale - especially with the benefit of hindsight and multiple replays - is just unforgivable. Decisions that poor in a job you're supposedly qualified for, is a sackable offense in most professions.

Yet these poor decisions keep happening, with the same people coming to different conclusions in what is - for all practical purposes - similar situations. With seemingly no consequence or effort to address the issue at all.

You can see why the question is being asked though, because incompetence at that scale - especially with the benefit of hindsight and multiple replays - is just unforgivable. Decisions that poor in a job you're supposedly qualified for, is a sackable offense in most professions.

Yet these poor decisions keep happening, with the same people coming to different conclusions in what is - for all practical purposes - similar situations. With seemingly no consequence or effort to address the issue at all.

I’m not arguing any of that. I’m just saying, in no way do I believe Premier League referees are accepting money or other favours to give certain decisions.

That is an awful tackle. And the Sheffield United fans sing “you’re not fit to referee”🤣

And booing Mitoma. How dare you have your foot planted in a way that your thigh makes contact with Holgate’s studs!

Last edited:
I hope the Sheffield fans feel like utter macarons for booing Mitoma, doubt it somehow. That tackle is even worse seeing it second time around. Assault.

Back