• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2019/20 Premier League Thread

It's a game of three halves for TV.

I suppose the TV companies would prefer a game that doesn't overlap with the other games, as at weekends, but earlier and later starts aren't convenient midweek.

Maybe (just on this occasion) I could handle an Arse win, followed by some over the top media hype, then back down to earth with with a few dodgy results.

Bar a messy, card-filled draw, we can't win no matter the outcome at Stamford Bridge. And I'm stuck listening to the melodramatic bellowing of Peter DRUUUUU-RRYYYYYY!!!! Thank GHod for Monastrell.

So, I turn my energies to hoping West Ham can be relegated to kick off a decade of derbies with Millwall. And as fate would have it, there's Millwall surging up the table and looking likely to earn a promotion playoff position. Would be hugely ironic if they come up and Dildo Town go down.

An' annuvver fing. Amongst uvver fings.

I've never been a fan of that claret and pale blewww colour scheme on kits. Looking at the PL standings, there's Burnley only staying out of the relegation convo by virtue of Leicester switching off last weekend. First win in five.

Then there's Aston Villa's endless flirtation with relegation. They look like they'll be life and death to stay up. Finally, there's the very sharp-looking Killer Canaries of Norwich in their spiffing yellow and green. Fabulous kits. Would love to see Norwich survive and all three claret and pale blue abominations get relegated.

Yeah, that's what crosses my mind on an idle afternoon when winter at its worst in Canada has brought normal activity to a standstill.

Not a wonder then that Canadian rock star Sam Roberts had plenty of time to pen these lyrics to his catchy anthem The Canadian Dream:

Frozen land, frozen minds
Frozen hands and frozen time
'Cause everything moves real slow when it's forty below
Everything moves real slow when it's forty below
Yeah, everything moves real slow when it's forty below
When it's forty below

Back