• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2017/18 Premier League Thread

I never got the boos at half time thing. You’d then cheer them on when they came out in the second half. Booing your own players is a no no unless they are Gary Doherty scoring an own goal and then also giving a really dodgy back pass to Kasey Keller resulting in a goal, then it’s ok.
It isn't booing the SKILL of the players, it is booing the work rate of the players AND/OR booing the tactics and setup of the manager.

E.g. I would boo if the players were just walking around. Or if AVB had set up the team to just pass it sideways for 45 minutes and never, ever penetrate the box. Or if Gooner George Graham was our manager.

The BBC has a list of PL records City can get this season.

With seven games remaining, here's what else they are closing in on:

Record Emirates Marketing Project in 2017-18 Maximum available
Earliest title-winning date 14 April (Man Utd, 2000-01) Potentially 7 April -
Most points 95 (Chelsea, 2004-05) 84 105
Most wins 30 (Chelsea, 2016-17) 27 34
Most home wins 18 (Chelsea, 2005-06; Man Utd, 2010-11; Emirates Marketing Project, 2011-12) 14 18
Most away wins 15 (Chelsea, 2004-05) 13 16
Most goals 103 (Chelsea, 2009-10) 88 -
Biggest positive goal difference 71 (Chelsea, 2009-10 67 -
Most away goals 48 (Liverpool, 2013-14) 37 -
Biggest title-winning margin 18 points (Man Utd, 1999-00) Currently 16 37

I can see them getting most of them:

Most points: they need 12 from seven games (almost certain).
Most wins: 4 from seven games (almost certain; likely even if they lose to United and us)
Most goals: 16 in seven games (comfortable if they keep to season average)
Largest GD: +5 from seven games (comfortable at half their season average)
Margin: beat United next week and they are on 19.

GHod knows why he signed a new contract when he could have gone to any other club in europe, bar Madrid and Barcelona maybe.

No pressure to succeed at Arsenal under Wenger, gets an easy ride with no accountability for his performances - think it really speaks volumes of his character that he has signed to stay on there.

He really defines the "luxury" player, put him in a team with world class players and drive and he will excel, but having to put a shift in over 40 times a season doesn't appeal to him. I can't see where anyone will pay the wages he gets at Woolwich and they need him as their vanity project and proof they can sign "world class" stars.

Back