• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

Didn't Swansea play Manure first game of the season? So that means they're playing next weekend again at OT right??[/QUOTE]

Sure do, just like in Championship Manager, a team gets to play the same fixture in the cup within a week of the league game.
I'm surprised we didnt get them away tbh

Whilst I hate Manure's arrogance with a passion, it is galling on the state of the way PL clubs are run that this club who were wealthy beyond belief re effectively asset-stripped by their Franchise-making Yank owners. Even with Moyes deficiencies as a manager their plight should not really have come close to this. Sad state of affairs for them really and sad for PL football if we're honest (in terms of the debt that is clearly strangling them, when it really shouldn't bas they should not even be in that situation)

Whilst I hate Manure's arrogance with a passion, it is galling on the state of the way PL clubs are run that this club who were wealthy beyond belief re effectively asset-stripped by their Franchise-making Yank owners. Even with Moyes deficiencies as a manager their plight should not really have come close to this. Sad state of affairs for them really and sad for PL football if we're honest (in terms of the debt that is clearly strangling them, when it really shouldn't bas they should not even be in that situation)

What debt strangling them mate? Utd have a big but manageable debt, they are more than capable of paying for any player they want.

United's problem is two fold

- They allowed SAF to appoint his buddy who did not have the resume to back it up, really United are one of the top 4 clubs in world football and they went for Moyes? said it then, would have been ****ed if Spurs had hired him.
- They had no strategy re squad purchases over summer, whoever that issue falls to, quite honestly, they should have bought Ozil, SAF has killed that side with workhorses for some time now.

No question the Yanks are in for the money, but that's not the problem Untied face right now.

Bony is brilliant. Been singing his praises for about two and a half years now. Has everything

I said in the thread started by a fan for another club Bony was the guy I was most interested to see what he could do in the EPL.

Still not sure about him but I mainly see good when I watch him.

Has anyone considered that maybe the plight of Utd is not such a great thing, don't get me wrong here, I am enjoying it immensely. But at the moment I think it clears the way for a dominant trio of Chels, Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal. Not such a good thing.

Also, should Moyes be gone at the end of the season, Que the way for them to snap up LVG from under our noses should things not go to plan with Timmy.

1528678_10151877363545893_1514257417_n.jpg

Games lost by Manchester United managers in their first 31 in charge:

David Moyes: 7
Matt Busby: 8
Alex Ferguson 9
Ron Atkinson: 9
Tommy Docherty: 12
Dave Sexton: 13

Manchester United were the Goliath of English football. Then along came David.

:ross:

That's genius!

He's got a hell of a job on his hands though, Fergie left at exactly the right time, I don't think uniteds current plight can be blamed on moyes at all.

Bit of perspective there, I'd like to see them stick by him.

Yes, although it could be argued that no other Manchester United manager except Moyes took charge of a team which was reigning League Champions.

But on the other hand, it was a squad which was probably well past its sell-by date and SAF quit at exactly the right time.

That's genius!

He's got a hell of a job on his hands though, Fergie left at exactly the right time, I don't think uniteds current plight can be blamed on moyes at all.

Oh it cannot be laid at Moyes in all seriousness. Fergie left at the right time because the squad was one of the weakest its been. Moyes needed time and money to overhaul that squad and he has not recieved the backing required.

Back