• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The NFL Thread

Good news that Hamlin seems to be coming around and hopefully the risk to his life is gone. Now it’s just how much of a recovery he can make.

Also interesting is how the NFL unravels this, in terms of the Bills v Bengals needing to be played or the AFC playoffs are skewed. Reports that the game will be ‘no contest’ and they’re considering various ways to work out the implications of that (byes, home ground advantage etc.)

Good news that Hamlin seems to be coming around and hopefully the risk to his life is gone. Now it’s just how much of a recovery he can make.

Also interesting is how the NFL unravels this, in terms of the Bills v Bengals needing to be played or the AFC playoffs are skewed. Reports that the game will be ‘no contest’ and they’re considering various ways to work out the implications of that (byes, home ground advantage etc.)
Yea they’ve said it won’t be replayed so Bills and Bengals play a game less which obviously plays havoc with the rankings system. They are saying the championship game could be played at a neutral venue rather than home advantage to whoever the highest ranked team was. Chiefs, Bills and Bengals are affected.

wouldn’t want to try and figure out a solution to this one!

Yea they’ve said it won’t be replayed so Bills and Bengals play a game less which obviously plays havoc with the rankings system. They are saying the championship game could be played at a neutral venue rather than home advantage to whoever the highest ranked team was. Chiefs, Bills and Bengals are affected.

wouldn’t want to try and figure out a solution to this one!

“Heads or tails”?

It's just the same thing as Talkbrick over here, just a bit more theatrical, talk absolute rubbish, create debate and headlines and get viewers. The NFL has been good recently on the commentary side of things, they've got some good ex-players involved, I love it when Tony Romo is on comms.

As I said I love the NFL and I also love Ice Hockey, Baseball is interesting (historically) but give me a good day of test cricket over that guff any day. Basketball I can't stand.

If you want a bitesize daily podcast on US sports I'd recommend Pardon the Interruption (PTI), 20 mins, covers the big stories and always a good listen.

my favourite sports show when i was living there, so pleased, relieved even BT sport has it

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts has agreed a new deal set to make him the highest-paid player in NFL history after leading his team to the Super Bowl, where they lost to the Kansas City Chiefs, last season.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported that Hurts has agreed to terms on a five-year, $255m contract extension including $179.304m in guaranteed money and a no-trade clause.

The deal will see Hurts earn $51m on average per year, surpassing Aaron Rodgers' $49m per year and and Kyler Murray's $46.1m.

Hurts will also have the opportunity to garner an extra $15m in incentivised money meaning the value of the contract could reach as high as $274.304m.

PR obviously, connect with some yanks who don't care for soccer, but he'd absolutley tinkle kicking in the NFL

yeah, he'd easily be better than those younger players with years of specific training and fitness work at kicking a different shape ball in a different way at a different target

yeah, he'd easily be better than those younger players with years of specific training and fitness work at kicking a different shape ball in a different way at a different target
Didn't he do an exhibition thing for Spurs TV and he wasn't all that.
But if he wants to do it, it doesn't have to be NFL. It can be whatever the NFL equivalent of AAA baseball is.

Didn't he do an exhibition thing for Spurs TV and he wasn't all that.
But if he wants to do it, it doesn't have to be NFL. It can be whatever the NFL equivalent of AAA baseball is.

absolutely, I remember Johnny Wilkinson trying it too, a much closer discipline, and he was meh

I think NFL kickers average at around 96% accuracy, and make multiple kicks in a game, its arguably the second most important position on the team after QB, some would argue the most important, as they score so many points

Clive Allen did NFL Europe for a year

absolutely, I remember Johnny Wilkinson trying it too, a much closer discipline, and he was meh

I think NFL kickers average at around 96% accuracy, and make multiple kicks in a game, its arguably the second most important position on the team after QB, some would argue the most important, as they score so many points

Clive Allen did NFL Europe for a year

no American football fan would argue that kicker is anywhere near the second most important role. Look at what Kickers get paid compared to the rest of skilled starters.

no American football fan would argue that kicker is anywhere near the second most important role. Look at what Kickers get paid compared to the rest of skilled starters.
Agreed. They can all kick, some slightly further than others. Its the clutch situation mentality that separates the best.

Reactions: DTA

fans wouldn’t, but the statistical analysts do, if you Google it there are pages and pages of blogs/papers/articles making the case

Back