• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The new, new manager thread - Pt 3

James Ward-Prowse:

"It would be a major blow to lose him - all the players love him.

"He has played me out of position on the right, so I've had to adapt. I've had to work on my game going forward - an area I needed to improve.

"Having done that, he has added another string to my bow. I feel I can now play in a number of different positions but he has not only helped me technically, he's helped me physically.

"I'm the fittest I've ever been in terms of the running he makes us do. We do two or three gym sessions a week that involve a lot of running and running with resistance.

"He demands a lot from us, and it is hard work, but it has been proved to work. None of us want to see him go. He is a fantastic manager and he has done really well."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/05/25/4839727/ward-prowse-pochettino-exit-would-be-a-major-blow

This lad could be a good shout to replace Lennon.
He has great raw ability.

Who: AliZ
When: 25th May
Where: COYS

Club expect to make an announcement this week probably towards the end of the week.

It's looking more and more like we are down to 2 runners, 4 have been spoken too,

My guy thinks it will be Poch but says balls have not landed yet.

Who: AliZ
When: 25th May
Where: COYS

Club expect to make an announcement this week probably towards the end of the week.

It's looking more and more like we are down to 2 runners, 4 have been spoken too,

My guy thinks it will be Poch but says balls have not landed yet.

Ha this literally could be copy and pasted from any of the Sunday press stories

This lad could be a good shout to replace Lennon.
He has great raw ability.

Agree that he has a lot of potential, but I think Southampton will be desperate to keep him. They will probably lose 2-3 first team players to the big clubs, but Ward-Prowse might not interest the top clubs at this point.

The sales they're likely to make will put them in a stronger financial position and selling more players, particularly someone as talented as him, will be another big blow for them when they will be looking for any stability they can find.

Tottenham Hotspur are set to appoint Mauricio Pochettino as their new manager according to Goal.
Goal claim Pochettino is to sign a 3M a year contact with Tottenham and he will ditch the translator.

The Southampton boss is expected to sign a £3 million-a-year contract to take over at White Hart Lane, with chairman Daniel Levy impressed by the Argentine's philosophy
By Greg Stobart

Tottenham are expected to appoint Mauricio Pochettino as their new manager this week, Goal can reveal.

The Southampton boss has been the favourite for the job since Tim Sherwood was sacked earlier in May and several talks have taken place with intermediaries. A broad agreement over a salary package worth £3 million per year is believed to have been reached a week ago.

As of Sunday night, no official approach is understood to have been made to Southampton but the south-coast club are resigned to losing the 42-year-old and braced for Spurs to finally make an official move.

The north Londoners have sounded out other options, including Ajax coach Frank de Boer and Rafael Benitez of Napoli, but club chairman Daniel Levy has been most impressed by Pochettino's philosophy.

Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti was never considered a realistic candidate and the Spanish giants' Champions League triumph on Saturday night confirmed that the Italian will stay at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Louis van Gaal was initially Tottenham's top target but attention quickly turned to Pochettino once it became clear that the Dutchman was in line to take over at Manchester United.

Spurs' priority has been to find a coach who can get the most out of the existing squad with only a few summer changes after they spent £110 million on new signings last year.

Pochettino's attacking style of football fits in with Levy's ideals while at Southampton he has also shown his ability to introduce and improve academy products.

The Saints finished eighth in the Premier League this season and Pochettino delayed talks over a new contract - his existing deal has one year to run - in anticipation of an approach from White Hart Lane.

Tottenham are aware of the risks associated with a coach who has only taken charge of two mid-ranking clubs in Espanyol and Southampton but the Londoners feel that the Argentine can handle the extra expectation.

Levy is also conscious that, in recent years, he has missed the opportunity to appoint Brendan Rodgers and Roberto Martinez, who have both been highly praised this season following impressive campaigns on Merseyside.

Spurs sacked Andre Villas-Boas in December and then Sherwood at the end of a disappointing season in which they finished sixth and missed out on their target of a top-four finish.

Tottenham are understood to be satisfied with Pochettino's level of English - he has spoken the language to his Southampton players since his first day - but will ask him to stop communicating via an interpreter in press conferences.

Written by Greg Stobart, so should be taken seriously. The bold bits for me are why Pochettino has been our no 1 for most of the summer. Promising young manager who has Premier League experience and proven record of managing and improving existing squads.

Now go get it done and confirmed

Although as kingdawson said it wouldn't be him, I doubt it'll happen.

I can't help shake the feeling of deja vu with the now probable appoinment of Poch, if it does happen. Based on nothing more than gut instinct I think FdB would be a better appointment and fit for Spurs. The Ajax style is one that I would love to see Spurs attempt to play.

I can almost see the thread titles this time next year about how we backed the wrong horse again. Spurs has done this to me!!!

I do respect Stobart and he clearly gets some real info but the article states that as of Sunday night Saints had had no official contact.

We would need to hear of his departure from Saints before his appointment at Spurs is announced.

I can't help shake the feeling of deja vu with the now probable appoinment of Poch, if it does happen. Based on nothing more than gut instinct I think FdB would be a better appointment and fit for Spurs. The Ajax style is one that I would love to see Spurs attempt to play.

I can almost see the thread titles this time next year about how we backed the wrong horse again. Spurs has done this to me!!!

Your not the only one that thinks this.
Poch not the man for spurs AVB all over again.
We will be in same position in 18 months time as per usual but Levy will have to fall on his sword

The board room split sounds interesting. If all the rumours are true, then the one issue I have is that the decision makers (Lewis and Levy) are not listening to their expert (Baldini), that is to say they are favouring Poch despite the DOF advocating FDB.

Well if Levy gets it wrong yet again, surely he has to take the rap for it this time, teflon dan no more !!!!

I do respect Stobart and he clearly gets some real info but the article states that as of Sunday night Saints had had no official contact.

We would need to hear of his departure from Saints before his appointment at Spurs is announced.

Would we? I don't think that's always the case when managers move from one club another, is it?

Would we? I don't think that's always the case when managers move from one club another, is it?

I would think so. It would highly unusual for a club to not announce to their fans that the manager is leaving while another club announces said manager as their manager. I would even go as far as to say it would be unprecedented.

I would think so. It would highly unusual for a club to not announce to their fans that the manager is leaving while another club announces said manager as their manager. I would even go as far as to say it would be unprecedented.

Obviously if we announce that we've hired him Southampton would make an announcement at around the same time. I'm just not sure it has to be in the order you're saying.

---------------------

Solid article by Stobart by the way, one of those worth listening to.

Obviously if we announce that we've hired him Southampton would make an announcement at around the same time. I'm just not sure it has to be in the order you're saying.

---------------------

Solid article by Stobart by the way, one of those worth listening to.

Maybe I am wrong in my convictions on the issue. But yes anything Stobart says should be taken seriously. I am excited.

Our clubs always had a connection with the Argentinians from the Ossie and Ricky days (and errrr, Taricco?)

I like the cut of Poch's gib. Let's just get it over with and get on with it.

People writing off Poch already, goodness gracicous me this place never fails to amaze me.

How about we give him 12 months. What actually surprises me is that people are saying this is like AVB all over again, but I don't see how? AVB came to the Premier League having just won a treble and winning the league unbeaten, went to Chelsea where he tried implementing his own system, failed and got sacked and then found his way to Spurs where he seems to fail to implement a proper successful system in over 12 months in charge. Pochettino came to England after a less than successful period in Spain, implemented his system within a few months at Southampton, improved players he already had in the team, made four of his stars England internationals and had Southampton playing some of the best football in the Premier League as well as getting plaudits from almost everyone in football.

Lets give Pochettino 12 months, if in 12 months time, we see the same old ****, the ****e defending and mistakes we have seen for over a year now, the same slow starts, the surrendering against the bigger teams one we go a goal down etc. then fair enough, it's clear that someone isn't allowing managers to do their jobs correctly, or the players just arent up for it, maybe the manager isn't up for it. But if after 12 months, Pochettino has clearly installed a philosophy into our side, we see a better pressing game, some nice crisp passing but for whatever reason it's not FULLY coming through, I'd be happy personally. It could be that the players aren't up to the job and he needs his own in, or he just needs a bit more time.

It's about time we get a manager in now, and stick with them. None of this revolving door ****. Levy needs to BELIEVE that Poch is the right man for the job and if he is, then stick with him forever how long his contract runs for.

Your not the only one that thinks this.
Poch not the man for spurs AVB all over again.
We will be in same position in 18 months time as per usual but Levy will have to fall on his sword

Er, so who is the right man for Spurs? There's a chance of any appointment going wrong. For me, Pochettino is the realistic candidate with the least amount of worries about it going wrong given his proven Premier League credentials, professionalism, proven ability to work within a tight budget and within a director of football structure, get along with board members even with difficult owners, proven ability to manage and improve young English talent and mix with key foreign signings, proven ability to construct stylish teams and successfully port these ideas across different clubs and leagues.

Who would be your choice? The one that is not going to be AVB all over again?

Back