• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
So, the CL final will be between 2 big bottlers of European football. All the pressure will be on Bayern since they will be playing at home. I think Chelsea already have one hand on trophy.

Bayern are not as good as Madrid, but they do have the home advantage, so it doesn't matter that much.

Also, I honestly think that the referees would be in favour of Bayern. First of all because they're the home team. Second, UEFA surely doesn't want Chelsea to win. If a team which can't even secure a CL spot in the premiership wins the trophy itself without 5 players, it would somewhat undermine the importance and prestige of this cup. And we all know that referees prefer Barca, so that means that referees are advised to support the better teams probably, as shameful as it is.

Bottom line is, I don't see Chelsea winning this one. On the other hand, however, I didn't see them winning Barca either...

In all honesty, Bayern deserved it. They had some VERY good chances.

Undoubtedly

Read an article recently how number of Madrid fans would never warm up to Mourinho even after winning La Liga, etc. due to his counter-attacking / semi negative style of play. They simply cannot accept that as the 'Real Madrid way' hence the animosity.

Second half yesterday they played like Stoke at times - sitting back and lumping forward, etc. Mind-boggling considering they were at home, the quality of players on the field and the fact Ribery was struggling to impose his presence. Very poor all-round

Last edited:
epa_women_oktoberfest_ll_110803_wg.jpg

I still think Bilbao will win the Europa League, I hope they do anyway

Sporting blitzed them in the second half last week.....for all the plaudits that Bielsa and his teams receive, i have to say Sporting looked a class apart in the second half especially and their football was far superior to Bilbao's

Sporting blitzed them in the second half last week.....for all the plaudits that Bielsa and his teams receive, i have to say Sporting looked a class apart in the second half especially and their football was far superior to Bilbao's

Bilbao started the better, and took a deserved lead and were unlucky not to add another. However, the game swung dramatically after Lisbon pulled back a goal. Towards the end, Sporting were getting every loose ball and Bilbao looked extremely uncomfortable. Amazing how a football match can toss and turn.

I was really impressed by Bilbao in dumping Man Utd out of the competition, and at home, I think they are going to get the job done. Alot of what Sporting did was roared on by the home crowd, which gave them encouragement. I actually think Bilbao will win comfortably tonight by about 2 or 3 goals.

Bilbao started the better, and took a deserved lead and were unlucky not to add another. However, the game swung dramatically after Lisbon pulled back a goal. Towards the end, Sporting were getting every loose ball and Bilbao looked extremely uncomfortable. Amazing how a football match can toss and turn.

I was really impressed by Bilbao in dumping Man Utd out of the competition, and at home, I think they are going to get the job done. Alot of what Sporting did was roared on by the home crowd, which gave them encouragement. I actually think Bilbao will win comfortably tonight by about 2 or 3 goals.

so you were impressed by Bilbao dumping man U out of the competition, but what about Sporting knocking Emirates Marketing Project out? They are a good side and have been underestimated imv

so you were impressed by Bilbao dumping man U out of the competition, but what about Sporting knocking Emirates Marketing Project out? They are a good side and have been underestimated imv

I never said I wasn't impressed by Sporting knocking City out, but after the way they did it (diving around, lying on the floor when nothings wrong with them etc) they made me want Emirates Marketing Project to go on and win and you have to be utter utter ****s for me to think that.

I never said I wasn't impressed by Sporting knocking City out, but after the way they did it (diving around, lying on the floor when nothings wrong with them etc) they made me want Emirates Marketing Project to go on and win and you have to be utter utter ****s for me to think that.

fair enough...will be a great game anyway tonight

I see the sewer rat El Hadji Diouf wants to play for Leeds next season. That would be a good mix, a **** going to a club with a history of playing and acting like ****s!

I see the sewer rat El Hadji Diouf wants to play for Leeds next season. That would be a good mix, a **** going to a club with a history of playing and acting like ****s!

I remember when Diouf rinsed Warnock a few years ago - it was hilarious 'who's he!?' Can't remember what they fell out over, probably spitting or something. Don't think Warnock had many complementary words for him either; a marriage of mutual despise.

Back