• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Taxpayers' Stadium Shambles

Re: O/T West Ham Get Olympic Stadium

I can only imagine Gold and Sullivan have got photos of every cabinet member at their disposal.

Just remind west ham fans they are nothing more than the benefits scum most of them bemoan with their ukip sympathising ways.

A bit like a council estate version of Chelsea.

Football died as a sport with ambramvich anyway, so any Chelsea, man c, Wigan, Fulham, and now w.ham success is entirely irrelevant

Those two comments pretty much sum them up. Not only that but the double standards eminating from their camp is truly outstanding.

West Ham unveil images/plans of OS design

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2301078/West-Ham-unveil-Olympic-Stadium-plans.html

article-2301078-18FDC63E000005DC-103_634x421.jpg

with track

article-2301078-18FDC670000005DC-13_634x419.jpg

lower tier moved forward

article-2301078-18FDC6BD000005DC-242_634x336.jpg

new roof

not bad tbh

tracks not an issue anymore then, can't take the tinkle out of the view anymore, only the product

Stands still look some way from the pitch though, even with the lower tier moved in

true, but for me there is a difference between being far away as there are rows of fans between me and the pitch and being far away because there is 30 yards of unused tarmac between me and the pitch

Last edited:

If that's to scale, the start of the lower tier still looks 30 yards behind the goal!

Good luck trying to see anything from the upper tier... also can't imagine the atmosphere will be helped by the disconnect between the upper and lower stands.

Ah well, I guess you get what you pay for!

Bovvered? Nah, there's actaully a good atmosphere at the Boleyn Ground, albeit bubbles every two minutes. The OS will have all the atmosphere of the moon.

I am "bovvered" as a taxpayer.
Why should I be massively subsidising a private company?
This tale has not reached the end and I think Levy may have a last minute intervention.

they saved themselves a few buckeroos.... but the acoustics in that stadium is going to be really bad...

But he and other experts insist that Qatar's investment in PSG is neither a superficial ego-driven project nor a favour in return for a World Cup vote but part of a diverse strategy to curry favour with western powers, especially those with a record for military intervention in the Middle East. In the UK, Qatar's investment arm owns Harrods, the Shard, Canary Wharf, the Olympic Village and the London Stock Exchange, and helped Barclays bank avoid a Government bail-out.

they will most probably add the Olympic Stadium and West Ham to their little portfolio in that area

[video=youtube;9MdhT81QRQw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MdhT81QRQw[/video]

West Ham United have published a video interview with Vice Chairman Karren Brady, where she goes into more detail regarding the architectural plans for the Olympic Stadium, which West Ham will be moving into for the start of the 2016 season.

Tottenham Hotspur, Leyton Orient and West Ham United were all interested in moving to the 54,000-seat stadium, but West Ham United won in the end despite Leyton Orient’s ground just being 750 yards away from the Olympic Park.

In the above video, Brady explains that there will be no running track and that retractable seats will be used for soccer matches to bring the fans much closer to the pitch. “I can promise you that no seats will be further away than that offered at Wembley Stadium,” said Brady.

West Ham United would also like to bring the “Sir Trevor Brooking Stand” and “Bobby Moore Stand” over from their Boleyn Ground and have them recreated at the Olympic Stadium. Brady added that West Ham are planning on having a Kop-style stand at the new ground.

http://epltalk.com/2013/04/19/west-ham-uniteds-karren-brady-talks-through-architectural-plans-for-olympic-stadium-video/

Oi, feck off you thieving bastards!

A Wembley comparison done by RMB2007 on skyscrapercity.

As you can see, the front row of the lower tier will be a similar distance from the pitch as at Wembley. In other words, still a long way and very far from ideal. The first pic omits upper tier seating at each end that is designated to be out of commission in football mode. Second pic includes all seating. There will also be a big gap between the upper and lower tiers (third pic). There is a comparable system (fourth and fifth pics) at the Docklands stadium in Melbourne, also designed by the Olympic stadium architects, Populous:

87227367.jpg

40669693.jpg

capturewhf.jpg

telstradome156gc0.jpg

81509403.jpg

Back