• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Taxpayers' Stadium Shambles

There's been some huge regeneration in that area over the last few years. The West Ham part of the deal might not make much of a difference, but local residents are far better of with the project than without.

Regeneration in Inner London means building apartments sold off plan to foreign investors with rents/sell on prices out of the price of locals. Some short term gains for locals business. Seen it happen in Camden and Bermondsey, locals kids can't get or afford housing and have to move out of the area, none of my contemporaries live in Camden and neither do any of my kids school friends live in Southwark any more.

Its just my favourite buttplug.

Makes my blood boil to see money just wasted like this.
I really think heads should role for this roosterup.

Its just my favourite buttplug.

Makes my blood boil to see money just wasted like this.
I really think heads should role for this roosterup.

It's all committees. Buck stops with no one...

As others have said, how could erecting seating possibly cost £8 million pounds!!? How many people is that? They don't need to buy the seating each time. They just need to pay for labor presumably for what a week's work. If you needed 500 people (surely a massive over estimate) they would each be getting 16k on average for that weeks work. Doesn't add up to me.

Last edited:
Regeneration in Inner London means building apartments sold off plan to foreign investors with rents/sell on prices out of the price of locals. Some short term gains for locals business. Seen it happen in Camden and Bermondsey, locals kids can't get or afford housing and have to move out of the area, none of my contemporaries live in Camden and neither do any of my kids school friends live in Southwark any more.
Those places are so much better for the regeneration though.

Moving out those on the lower end of the rent scale is an important part of regeneration.

Sounds like ethnic cleansing to me, and I think it would be virtually impossible to find anyone who lived in Camden Town over 40 years ago to say it was better now.

Sounds like ethnic cleansing to me, and I think it would be virtually impossible to find anyone who lived in Camden Town over 40 years ago to say it was better now.
Of course it's not ethnic cleansing - profit doesn't give a fudge about someone's race.

It's just gentrification and London's far better for it.

Of course it's not ethnic cleansing - profit doesn't give a fudge about someone's race.

It's just gentrification and London's far better for it.

Unfortunately the riff-raff who keep London working have to live somewhere, but in your Utopian world I suppose they could all just have them neutered and put in empty warehouse/factories until they where required for "redevelopment" then we could have some hulks anchored on the Thames for them.

Unfortunately the riff-raff who keep London working have to live somewhere, but in your Utopian world I suppose they could all just have them neutered and put in empty warehouse/factories until they where required for "redevelopment" then we could have some hulks anchored on the Thames for them.
Isn't that why we're building HS2?

Ship in some cheap Northern labour every morning then send them home so it's a nice place to go out at night still?

You've read his manifesto for his Trump-like run at the next election then?
There's no way I'd serve this country.

PMs don't get paid nearly enough for the stress they're under. You'd have to pay me double that just to sit in the same room as Corbyn for 10 minutes and not punch that tacoty beard off his smug little face.

Those places are so much better for the regeneration though.

Moving out those on the lower end of the rent scale is an important part of regeneration.

There is no way, that even you believe that Scara. This is just Scara trolling to create more site traffic. All sensible urban developments include a mix of private and community/affordable housing. BTW, where are the riff raff meant to go to?

There's no way I'd serve this country.

PMs don't get paid nearly enough for the stress they're under. You'd have to pay me double that just to sit in the same room as Corbyn for 10 minutes and not punch that tacoty beard off his smug little face.

I don't understand why you keep going on about Labour and Corbyn in particular. In another time , at another place, your political opponents would have lined you up against a wall. Be thankful!

There is no way, that even you believe that Scara. This is just Scara trolling to create more site traffic. All sensible urban developments include a mix of private and community/affordable housing. BTW, where are the riff raff meant to go to?
Just do what a lot of developers do - build low cost housing as required, but do it away from the development.

I believe there was more unrest in the stands again yesterday, not seen much coverage about it though. Then again I suppose its not news anymore, just the norm!

Back