• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Taxpayers' Stadium Shambles

How does this work? Have they about 4-5k for each home game? It could be good if they give the tickets to schools and allow deprived kids access to games, although I suspect an opportunity for councillors to profit.
I don't think that's very fair on those kids. They probably have a hard enough life without subjecting them to that brick

My GHod that is an ugly stadium! Looks like it's made entirely of scaffolding an plexiglass. Oh wait... That IS what it's made of.

In terms of both appearance for the area and in terms of a financially sound idea, Levy's idea of buy it and smash it to smithereens to build a new stadium in it's place was certainly the best one. Very happy we didn't move there though!

Also, means in a few years time we can remind West Ham fans that we considered there stadium so ugly and unusable that we planned to dismantle it if we ever got it!

Gold said: "We are hoping West Ham will be in a position very soon to worry the top five and have them saying: 'Who are these upstarts? Who do they think they are?'

"As far as challenging these great clubs, it's very very hard. Southampton challenged last season, and there's absolutely no reason why West Ham can't emulate them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33169500

Love how they just completely ignore/overlook the fact that we finished above Liverpool and Soton and are also better than West Ham almost as if they are better than us already.

Isn't he saying Southampton challenged the top 5 (which includes us) and he hopes to emulate that?

As an aside - i was around by the Olympic Park yesterday, my mate has a flat which overlooks the whole site, the Stadium may end up being pretty poor as a venue but the surrounding location gave me a slight tinge of jealousey - walking up Hackney Wick past the canals, loads of little bars/clubs dotted around - should be good

As an aside - i was around by the Olympic Park yesterday, my mate has a flat which overlooks the whole site, the Stadium may end up being pretty poor as a venue but the surrounding location gave me a slight tinge of jealousey - walking up Hackney Wick past the canals, loads of little bars/clubs dotted around - should be good
I wouldn't worry.

The place will be awful when it's full of scummy East End racists.

Isn't he saying Southampton challenged the top 5 (which includes us) and he hopes to emulate that?

"The longer-term aim is we want to frighten the big boys of Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool. We want the Big Five to be looking over their shoulders."

Doesn't included li'l ol' Tottenham. K N O B

Boro, Ipswich, Derby, Brentford and Wolves surely.
And he has a point, Soton built a good squad that got out of Lge One and scared the top 5 - Canning Town Bingo Club are very capable of doing that

Their biggest challenge will be how much the echoes disrupt the players on match day.

He's only doing what everyone would do. I doubt if it was reversed Levy would mention them etc.

The only problem with that is we finished above them. I get they us as their "rival", but it's almost like they are ignoring us like they don't have to worry about overtaking us also.

He just doesn't want to acknowledge us as one of the 'big clubs' they need to catch - play up to their supporters

Whilst mentioning the other clubs in the top 4 but not Arsenal.

Well yeah - it's just a petty way of not being seen to say their arch rivals are a big club. Unless he's not looked at the league table for the last 10 years and seen we're the 5th best team in the country

Last edited:
Back