• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Taxpayers' Stadium Shambles

Really? It looks much further away than I'd expected, looks miles away and also the shadows on the pitch are pretty prominent. Nah not for me thanks, dodged a major bullet here.

Whole_West_Ham_13.jpg

Whole_West_Ham_11.jpg
The upper tier is very far back. That'll be empty anyway I suppose.

Does the lower tier move in and out to expose the running track?

Really? It looks much further away than I'd expected, looks miles away and also the shadows on the pitch are pretty prominent. Nah not for me thanks, dodged a major bullet here.

Our plan was to knock it down and build a new stadium, so we would not have had the same issue if we had been successful in our bid

The upper tier is very far back. That'll be empty anyway I suppose.

Does the lower tier move in and out to expose the running track?

I agree, the views from the upper tier are going to be very poor.

Yes, the lower tier is removable so that it can still be used as an athletics stadium.

I agree, the views from the upper tier are going to be very poor.

Yes, the lower tier is removable so that it can still be used as an athletics stadium.
I assume the cost of removing and storing that tier lies with West Ham.

Regardless of the view being good or bad, West Ham will be in a massive stadium making heaps more amount of money than we will and will overtake us in all aspects of football in the very near future. We missed out on this one IMO.

There's alot of pieces that need to fall in place before that happens. What if they fire Alardyce and go down? It can just as easily become a massive weight pulling them down.

But I do admit that if they play their cards right they can benefit alot from this.

they wont go down this year, or do you mean next year or whenever they are in it? The stadium alone will attract big players, and they will have the money to pay them the big wages. is it due to be open not next season but season after i.e 2016/17 season?

thank GHod other people think the guy is on crack

the top four places are pretty much sown up in this league and neither us nor the gypsies are getting in it.

they wont go down this year, or do you mean next year or whenever they are in it? The stadium alone will attract big players, and they will have the money to pay them the big wages. is it due to be open not next season but season after i.e 2016/17 season?
The only way these guys will get ahead of us on a regular basis is if they luck into an another Abramovic type, and even then FFP has clipped the wings of the carbon circle clubs. This along with the fact that they don't own their own stadium (thanks to Levy) will mean that they are not that attractive a purchase to potential buyers.
A lot of spammers are pinning their hopes on increased match day revenue due to the larger capacity. But will that really happen? I look at the stadium and think meh. The match day experience is not going to be good because of poor sight lines and distance from the pitch. You'd have to think they'll struggle with attendances and it may even go the other way, a drop in attendances if the atmosphere is really pants. Levy really has done a number on them and I think they are going to regret this move down the road.

Bear in mind that while they might get bigger attendances, most of the extra will be free tickets/kids for a quid so even then with a fuller stadium they'll probably still struggle to achieve the receipts they get now. even now there's a full page ad in the Standard for cheap/free kids tickets. And when they inevitably go down I doubt those kids will stick around till they're old enough to pay full price anyway,

Back