• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The LONDON Evening Standard

90sSpursBook

Erik Edman
This possibly goes wider than just football but as someone who works and lives in North London it baffles me how much of the sports pages in the London Evening Standard are devoted to Man Utd and Liverpool.

Would the Manchester Evening Post ever headline with a story about a London based team? Sometimes there is no Spurs news whatsoever yet Man U, or City will be.

This possibly goes wider than just football but as someone who works and lives in North London it baffles me how much of the sports pages in the London Evening Standard are devoted to Man Utd and Liverpool.

Would the Manchester Evening Post ever headline with a story about a London based team? Sometimes there is no Spurs news whatsoever yet Man U, or City will be.

I remember calling the Standard back in the mid 90's to complain about this very thing. The were always obsessed with Manchester Utd.

Whereabouts are you?

I don't even bother reading it unless I see a clean copy on a seat on the train home.

Whereabouts are you?

I don't even bother reading it unless I see a clean copy on a seat on the train home.

ha ha, brings back memories, that little feeling of elation if the copy you found on your seat was the Final Edition not the early afternoon one with no real breaking news!!

My dad used to bring the Evening News home every night and we would do the quick crossword together each night (I was only about 8 years old), great times and I think something kids should do more.

back on topic, in those days the sports news was almost entirely London related.

appealing to the readership

i'd expect to see more Spurs stories in a Herts/Essex paper

We always have the bare minimum reported about us in the LES, its laughable sometimes

slightly OT, but when did Metro start having an opinion? noticed something about Milibands "insult" this morning, what a load of tosh

Back