• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

I do get a buzz out of things going our way....and heck, they've been going our way.

And the icing and cherry is on the flip side it's so not going their f cking way...pure misery for them.

Things have really gone our way over the last few days. Couldn’t have been any more perfect.

It’s not logical but that has me thinking fate is going to bend us over and give us a proper seeing to on Sunday. The head knows it’s unlikely but the heart has seen too much…

Biggest worry for me now is, with fourf place there to be won and their tails up, training this week will be so intense that someone gets hurt. You just know Conte will be so intently focused on getting the players drilled to perfection. Obviously, he made it happen over a huge week with a draw at Liverpool and wins over Arsenal and Burnley. But there wasn't much time to train heavily.

Now, we have a week to prepare and I worry about 'friendly fire' at training. You just know everyone is going to want to step it up to impress the manager with an eye on next season in CL.

Nine possible outcomes on Sunday:

Tottenham win, Arsenal lose
Tottenham win, Arsenal draw
Tottenham win, Arsenal win
Tottenham draw, Arsenal lose
Tottenham draw, Arsenal draw
Tottenham draw, Arsenal win
Tottenham lose, Arsenal lose
Tottenham lose, Arsenal draw
Tottenham lose, Arsenal win​

PLEASE DON'T LET IT BE THAT LAST ONE TOTTENHAM!

I know Doctor Tottenham will find a way to fudge this up, there is still a LARGE chance we will lose to Norwich and A'nal will beat Everton, but it is nice to read this tonight:

Arsenal do not deserve to qualify for the Champions League on the basis of their performance in Monday's 2-0 defeat at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, says Granit Xhaka.

The midfielder felt his side's display showed they could not handle the pressure of chasing a top-four spot.

Victory for the Gunners would have moved them above Tottenham into fourth with one game remaining, but they were second best at St James' Park.

"We wanted to have a big game but it didn't happen," Xhaka told BBC Sport.

"People speak always about leaders. We're not playing tennis, we're playing football. If someone is not ready for this pressure, stay at home.

"You can't come here and play like this. We looked very bad today. The game plan was totally different. We played a totally different game.

"They were running us over from the first minute to the 96th. When you play like this, you don't deserve to play in the Champions League.

"The thing is the pressure. If you can't handle the pressure, it ends like today. It looks like we can't do something against the pressure."

Biggest worry for me now is, with fourf place there to be won and their tails up, training this week will be so intense that someone gets hurt. You just know Conte will be so intently focused on getting the players drilled to perfection. Obviously, he made it happen over a huge week with a draw at Liverpool and wins over Arsenal and Burnley. But there wasn't much time to train heavily.

Now, we have a week to prepare and I worry about 'friendly fire' at training. You just know everyone is going to want to step it up to impress the manager with an eye on next season in CL.

Absolute World Class manager who I think will manage to load fantastically.

This is a manager that preferred to shrink the squad in Jan to gain the best unit, I trust him wholeheartedly

Same here. But did he get lucky? Arteta did the same thing with his squad.

Arteta had a younger squad but I think the main difference is CHARACTER. Conte - you see his passion and his principles. Arteta - too PLASTIC :)

9TI9eWS.jpeg

Back