• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

We haven't won 2 games in a row this year. Winning 10 out of 12 is a bit of an ask.
We won 6 and drew 3 in Conte's first 9 games with less time to prepare, the players still getting in shape and learning the system, and a bunch of bad eggs in the squad.

We have a better starting 11 now, plenty of time to prepare for our matches, and similar level of opposition compared to the first 9 games under Conte. You really think it's going to be WLWLWL the rest of the way?

We won 6 and drew 3 in Conte's first 9 games with less time to prepare, the players still getting in shape and learning the system, and a bunch of bad eggs in the squad.

We have a better starting 11 now, plenty of time to prepare for our matches, and similar level of opposition compared to the first 9 games under Conte. You really think it's going to be WLWLWL the rest of the way?

I never said it would be wlwlwl the rest of the way. But winning 10 out of 12 games is title winning form. You think we're as good as city?

I never said it would be wlwlwl the rest of the way. But winning 10 out of 12 games is title winning form. You think we're as good as city?

On our day we are, as evidenced by 6 points taken off them this season- can we consistently play at that level is the question

Big ask for us to get that many points, 8 wins from 12 matches to reach 69 points.

Next 3 games will tell us if we have the stomach for it, Old Trafford, Brighton away & West Ham at home- 5-7 points realistically required

It's a huge week ahead. At least it's Saturday - Wednesday - Sunday and not the other way around.

Big ask for us to get that many points, 8 wins from 12 matches to reach 69 points.

Next 3 games will tell us if we have the stomach for it, Old Trafford, Brighton away & West Ham at home- 5-7 points realistically required

I think we really need 7 points.

Looking back to the start of Feb:
- The Emirates Marketing Project win made up for the Southampton defeat
- The Leeds and Everton wins are what we would have expected
- However the Wolves and Burnley games we'd have wanted 4 points from IMO

So looking at the next 3 games, 2 of which are against top 7 teams, we might have wanted 5 points from (or even 3 draw could have been a reasonable expectation), we need to catch-up something for our previous c0ck-ups

Appreciate life isn't as simple as that but we need to outperform in some games to catch back up

No. But then again, we won't be playing teams as good as City. We'll be playing teams that we are better than.

No. But then again, we won't be playing teams as good as City. We'll be playing teams that we are better than.

10 wins out of 12 extrapolated to the whole season would be 95 points. Which is what city will probably get this season to win the league.

It's a huge week ahead. At least it's Saturday - Wednesday - Sunday and not the other way around.
Oh dear, I literally thought it was "one game per week" for us now we messed up every other trophy.

I shall have to reassess, since I doubt we can win >1 game per week

Looking almost impossible now.

Said 70 points would get it. Need 8 wins 1 draw from 11 games. Current form we'll get 6 wins thats it.

Looking almost impossible now.

Said 70 points would get it. Need 8 wins 1 draw from 11 games. Current form we'll get 6 wins thats it.

Even if we got 8 wins, we'd manage to lose against Arse and West Ham in the process and end 6th at best.

Probably need a fairly poor run of form from our competitors, particularly Arsenal, to stay in with a shout.
We just need teams to drop some points
What we have seen with arsenal is them getting some results their performances didn’t deserve (and a bit of poor ref work like wolves away). A bit more of that would going the other way would help

but we have to put together back to back results first as they can all drop points but we can’t capitalise on them

We just need teams to drop some points
What we have seen with arsenal is them getting some results their performances didn’t deserve (and a bit of poor ref work like wolves away). A bit more of that would going the other way would help

but we have to put together back to back results first as they can all drop points but we can’t capitalise on them
Vardy out for Leicester today and Salah off injured yesterday, so could be missing for their game Wednesday....bits of luck like this for the goons can add up.

Back