• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Lane, The Finale

It's a very rousing song/tune. I love it the way we sing it - slowly (I thought the choir, when I played it back last night, were going too fast for the crowd).
The display of waving flags really added to the effect as well and I doubt that will ever be recreated again in the same way.
The singing and the waving flags for the 5 minutes or so before kick off was just amazing, incredible. I would love to know what the players thought as they emerged from the tunnel.
Probably things along the lines of:

How's my hair?
I could get more dosh at Emirates Marketing Project.
Could I really learn Spanish?
How's my hair?
I'd like to smash that bird from Nando's in Chigwell.
Ball. Shoot. Score.
How's my hair?
I still have room for another tat.
How's my hair?

tottenham-ground-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.PNG

Slackers! a hoard of us with shovels could clear the lot .. especially if try let us keep the turf.

It was great to see Cliff Jones, Terry Medwin and Terry Dyson there yesterday, they were with the club when I first went. I said to my son I was pleased to see John Pratt, Vinny Samways, David Howells and Terry Naylor get a good hand, it's not all about super stars, these guys sweated blood for the club and made up for any lack in skills by grit and determination, anyone who's played the game know every club needs these type of blokes.

Alan shearer never left Saudi Sportswashing Machine ... stuff what dreams are made of.

He can cement himself as a full on spurs GHod if the team and success follow.

Can't see him ever wanting to leave.

It was great to see Cliff Jones, Terry Medwin and Terry Dyson there yesterday, they were with the club when I first went. I said to my son I was pleased to see John Pratt, Vinny Samways, David Howells and Terry Naylor get a good hand, it's not all about super stars, these guys sweated blood for the club and made up for any lack in skills by grit and determination, anyone who's played the game know every club needs these type of blokes.

I thought Howells was quite underrated during his time at spurs, your right about the hard working aspect.

Oh good, I did not see it but happy to know he was up there. I would have let some of the better managers on to the pitch as they play as big a part as the players at times.

I seem to often post links to articles but I just read this one (below) and then read your post Ben.

http://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/exclusive-martin-jols-special-message-13038847

I got a lovely warm feeling inside reading his words (and hearing them in his voice inside my head)

"It was nice to be back. I was in the Bill Nicholson Lounge. It seemed like everybody was there,"Peter Shreeves, David Pleat, Keith Burkinshaw, Harry Redknapp, a lot of players. I was on a table with Dimitar Berbatov, Edgar Davids, Simon Davies. It was a fantastic day. It was the first time ever that I've watched Spurs from a normal seat. To be in the stand was something else. I was among the fans. It was a fantastic experience. It was a great feeling. The fans around me started to sing my name so that was nice. Spurs is a place where you feel a part of it. That's nice to be able to say. You feel very proud. To be part of that club, part of its history."

^For me the Spurs revolution started with Santini and Jol. What Jol did was key in building the foundation. I watched Carrick yesterday and shook my head. I laughed when I thought of Sol Campbell. I mean he is not the only player that played for both clubs but he is a dingdonghead with how he moved.

I seem to often post links to articles but I just read this one (below) and then read your post Ben.

http://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/exclusive-martin-jols-special-message-13038847

I got a lovely warm feeling inside reading his words (and hearing them in his voice inside my head)

"It was nice to be back. I was in the Bill Nicholson Lounge. It seemed like everybody was there,"Peter Shreeves, David Pleat, Keith Burkinshaw, Harry Redknapp, a lot of players. I was on a table with Dimitar Berbatov, Edgar Davids, Simon Davies. It was a fantastic day. It was the first time ever that I've watched Spurs from a normal seat. To be in the stand was something else. I was among the fans. It was a fantastic experience. It was a great feeling. The fans around me started to sing my name so that was nice. Spurs is a place where you feel a part of it. That's nice to be able to say. You feel very proud. To be part of that club, part of its history."

That's nice. He had arguably the hardest job of all our recent managers, he was the one who got us to turn the corner and start moving forwards again.

Probably things along the lines of:

How's my hair?
I could get more dosh at Emirates Marketing Project.
Could I really learn Spanish?
How's my hair?
I'd like to smash that bird from Nando's in Chigwell.
Ball. Shoot. Score.
How's my hair?
I still have room for another tat.
How's my hair?

Ach, they're good, humble lads. I don't begrudge them the occasional bit of vacuousness - especially since 'how's my hair?' is by no means restricted to just the players these days, as evidenced by Klopp getting his hair transplants at regular intervals and Conte rocking up with a magnificent flowing mane that in no way represents what he looked like as his playing career wore on and his original hair disappeared. ;)

WOW,WOW,WOW

No one who knows me says i have a soft heart and get emotional, i have said that leaving WHL is no big deal because since i first walked into the Lane in 1962 i have seen most of the ground change and get updated and this is just another upgrade.

Well i was wrong after being there and seeing the emotion around me yesterday i must admit my eyes were full of tears, and seeing that rainbow over the stand at the end finished me off. What is the old saying about gold being at the end of a rainbow well that is where we are headed.

Seeing all those greats on the pitch ( and i have seen all of them play in the flesh) made me relise what memories i have and how Spurs have been a MAJOR part of my life ( that may sound sad to people around me over the years who have not lived it like me, especially my ex wives).

What a great day and it will remain a day i will NEVER forget.

GHod bless you sir.

Back