• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Lane is rocking again.

I was sat in Park Lane lower and it was rocking down there last night. Shelf Side also sounded in good voice too.

Didn't hear much from Paxton or West Stand though.

Wash your ears out mate, we in the Paxton got a chant going last night, when you PL boys were contemplating your navels :)

Because he sounds like a bigot Manc who moans about the tourists without realising their millions actually pay for Rooney and RvP's wages. You can't have it both ways, guys

Well thankfully I am neither a bigot nor a Manc and I am well aware that anyone else's money is just as good as mine. I have just never seen so many people in the ground spending the whole game taking photos or filming before but like I said, I rarely sit up there.

How many seats across the width of the pitch - 200? That would account for about 1200, still a few hundred short. Maybe some executive boxes empty?

There were a number of additional rows of seats cordoned off above the Inter fans.

Tickets were sold out. Very quickly.

Ah. I didn't know that Inter had returned tickets.

But were those the only tickets that went on general sale?

On Friday morning' general sale there were hundreds of seats available towards the back of most blocks in the upper tiers which sold out by midday. I happened to log in on Monday morning and the whole of Block 35 was available.

Paxton give us a song - paxton, paxton give us a song.... SSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?

I remember this chant going up at least once in Park Lane on Thursday! I haven't sat in Paxton since AVB took over but whenever I've sat there in recent years I always seem to get stuck within earshot of someone moaning about Lennon' crossing!

Sitting under the shelf, I have never heard a song from Paxton Rd. Get more noise from the West Stand counting their money.

Then you haven't been listening!

It's not often that the Paxton start songs (though they do from time to time). But they regularly join in when the Park Lane and Shelf side are in full voice.

Then you haven't been listening!

It's not often that the Paxton start songs (though they do from time to time). But they regularly join in when the Park Lane and Shelf side are in full voice.

When the Shelf and Park Lane are in full voice, I'm never going to hear the Paxton, though.

Ahh very well singing for games against Arsenal and Inter, that's easy, it's all about doing so for lower league fodder as well

What was the atmosphere like for scum last Sunday? It came across on tv like we were loud at the start, but only got going again once we scored. I could hear their fans throughout.

Ahh very well singing for games against Arsenal and Inter, that's easy, it's all about doing so for lower league fodder as well

Indeed. Wish we could generate an atmosphere like Thursday night for bog standard league games and, for the big games, generate an even better atmosphere.

No part of the ground has sung with any great vigour or regularity over the past coupe of seasons - Park Lane and Shelf side included.

Back